Search results for query: *

1. S

I wish I would have known .. people PLEASE get fitted.

I played Golf in HS with a costco bargain set because my parents were broke. I was never very good, and I still am not very good. The first set of clubs I bought myself was a set of 2013 TM RBZ irons (http://taylormadegolf.com/RocketBallz-HP-Irons/DW-JN903.html) After buying these irons I did...
  2. S

I feel like EA is missing a HUGE opportunity with PGA Rory McIlroy 2015+

Starting two years ago I was looking for a golfing game, any golfing game that would let me create my own courses. Sure we all love playing the traditional amazing courses like St. Andrews and Augusta but imagine if you could create a golfer and play your own home course. Imagine if there was...
  3. S

Oh my god I am so pumped for my new irons!

I'm going from stock RBZ's with stock shafts to these bad boys! 4-AW+SW with a c-taper shaft. I spent some time getting fitted and my swing speed put me into a 130g+ X-Stiff soft-stepped, turns out I've been playing shafts that were too light all along, and swing a club with a 120g-130g...
  4. S

Heavier shaft made me feel like my strikes were absolutely amazing?

I feel like I've been missing out on Golf after hitting a 125g Shaft. I took at 10 year lay off golf. I played in HS and was never very good, averaged low 80's. Now that I'm a little older (30) and stronger I'm a good bit better than I was in HS. I currently game stock RBZ irons with the stock...
  5. S

How do I bet on the Masters with Friends?

I'm looking for a game to play with some friends similar to how you would bet on the superbowl. Not a super large investment but when you bet on a typical football game you bet on scores in the quarter, half, third quarter and the forth. I'm looking for a game where we can pick a few golfers...
  6. S

4-Iron broke at the hosel .. anyone know of options?

I have this iron set: http://www.amazon.com/TaylorMade-RocketBallz-RBZ-Iron-Set/dp/B00B80TR64 In left, stiff, except mine is the 4-AW+SW(55) (Rest of my set is the ATV 60 with manta putter and a R1 driver) I bought them about 2 years ago, and my 4-Iron snapped at the hosel in a fairway...
  7. S

Wedges for my Christmas Present

I LOVE solid shortgame shots. I have some yardage issues with my current wedge selection I have a RBZ iron set with 1 ATV 60: 50 Degree: 130 Max Controlled Swing SW(55) Degree: 115 Max Controlled Swing LOB(60) Degree (Taylormade ATV): 90 Max Controlled Swing My Main issue is hitting a soft 55...
  8. S

Tour Lock - Gimmick or Legitimate?

My dad is buddies with a Tour Lock guy who goes around to various courses, sets up camp and tried to sell people $50 pieces of metal. Now my dad is all about spending money on golf and trinkets like this, but he seemed to really speak highly of the product. Nevertheless I still got the gimmick...
  9. S

Career round with a twist...

Went out for a twilight round with a buddy of mine and shot a career low 71 at a Par 70. Highlights: 1.) Only had 1 three putt 2.) Almost chipped in 3 times 3.) Short game from 115 in was on fire And probably the most interesting highlight 4.) Only hit driver on 3 holes (took 4i instead)...
  10. S

Recommendations for (San Luis Obispo, CA) - 2/24/2013

My lady and I are taking a small vacation with another couple to San Luis Obispo in a two weeks. Looking for the $50-$100 with cart range per person. I was looking at Avila Beach but some of the reviews said it wasn't a lot of fun (too tight). I was also considering Cypress Ridge which is in...
  11. S

I aim almost exactly 1 inch in front of the ball, how is this affecting me?

I stand over the ball typically in a mid to slightly back position (ball placement). Take a swing, and in my mind I tell myself to hit 1-1.5 inches in front of the ball. With almost every club I take a good size divot (unless I hit thin). I tend to swing down onto the ball, smashing it into...
  12. S

If you get a hole in one and no one sees it ... does it still count?

I've always wondered ... anyone ever got a hole in one and gone home and said WOOHOO hole in one ... but there were no witnesses? That is my fear that when I do finally get my first one (if I ever do) no one will be there to see it! Also ... say your at a tee box and you re-tee for practice over...
  13. S

Teaching a friend new to golf how to swing.

I have a friend who has come a long way, hes young (25) strong, healthy, in shape, finally starting to make good contact after 2 months of work (less thin, and fat shots). I knew all along his swing speed was awful. He hits a 6 iron 130 yards, not really consistent due to contact, but when he...
  14. S

My putting is destroying my game ...

I don't ever remember having such hard time putting, I even played in high school and don't remember ever having this much trouble, but it could just be that my memory isn't that good. Last week I broke 80 pretty solidly shooting a 76 while hitting a water ball on 18. At the end of the round I...
  15. S

Huge dilemma over new clubs ... what would you do?

I'm a lefty and as a result, I don't get to hit a whole lot of clubs that aren't my own. So after getting back into golf at 27, after about 9 years of not playing I continued to play the clubs I played in highschool (shot mid-80's), knock off brand clubs. Once I started back up again I was...
  16. S

How do you find a good ball when you suck?

Ok so I shoot a consistent low to mid 80's on any given day. I have, since I got back into golf about 4 months ago played the Nike Vapor Black. Why? Because it's 2 boxes for $40 at dicks. I'm afraid to play something like a ProV1 because I feel that I could slap that **** into a lake even if it...
  17. S

Proper swing trajectory and over swinging.

When I play with my Dad and hit a bad shot (often, but he sucks too so I don't listen to him), he's always telling me, you swing too hard ... slow your swing down. Now he's 54 years old, I'm 27, so he can't take a mighty thor swing like I can but I can say that he is definitely more consistent...
  18. S

Cant hit RBZ 4 and 5 ... 6 though AW hit perfectly (pictures).

I thought I had done a ton of research prior to buying the set of RBZ irons I got, apparently I didn't realize that the 4 and 5 irons are designed very different from the 6-AW. Here's a comparison between the two different designs: The 4 and 5 have a much thicker head and the bottom of the...
  19. S

Progressive hip pain ...

Calling all THP amateur doctors! I've been dealing with some hip pain that is progressively getting worse. When I was younger I used to play a LOT of golf, I was on my highschool golf team. I took a big break once I got out of HS and college (about a 10 year break). I started up golfing again...
  20. S

When did those WTF shots stop happening for you?

Currently shooting consistently mid 80's since I've started getting back into golf a few months ago. I have definitely progressed a lot in these past few months but every once in awhile ... I'm talking like 1 in 30 shots I get a WTF shot where I just sit there and think to myself where the hell...
Back