Search results for query: *

1. D

Driver fitting - club champion

So tomorrow I’m going to go get fit for a new driver. I’m moving on from the R15. I have eyes on the sim max based on a few swings in DSG, but I want to make sure I’m getting the most out of it with shafts etc. I want to keep an open mind but I’m also looking for any suggestions or questions I...
  2. D

Personalized staff/tour bags?

Anyone know where to order personalized tour bags? Like the real deal bags? My dad is turning 60 in October and I think it would be a cool gift to get him, not to use on the course but as a commemorative living room fixture, that’ll go next to the leg lamp kind of thing Sent from my...
  3. D

New car - color?

I’m buying a new car and Can’t decide on the color. Blue is awesome and stands out - really pops. Black is classic and blends in. But black will be really hot in the summers and show the dirt more easily. I drove 20-25k miles a year so there will be a lot of wear and tear. Most people say...
  4. D

Grip issue - Golf pride NDMC

Sorry if this is the wrong place so please move if needed. I’ll try to make this quick - at the beginning of the season I bought new irons and had the grips changed right off the bat to the NDMC grips. Within 3 rounds I had to have them redone because the butt of the grips were twisting...
  5. D

Putting on lightning fast greens

I played on a course yesterday where greens typically roll very true and slightly faster than average. They are getting ready to aerate and must have cut and rolled the night before because these things were like glass table tops. So fast that just getting the ball rolling sent it clear past...
  6. D

Hole in one challenge

Hypothetically if you could stand on say a 130-150 yard par 3 for as long as it took to get a HIO, how many large buckets would it take? I know for me there'd be no grass left on the tee box. That's all I'm saying lol [emoji23] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. D

Junior camp for my daughter

Starts on Monday! Sending her for half days for a week to start. She's doing other camps so didn't want to fill up her schedule too much. So far we know there are 9 kids registered. Camp is 7-13 years and she'll be 8 in August so she will likely be the youngest. I don't know who's more...
  8. D

New clubs for my daughter

My daughter outgrew her little starter set, so I need to get her a new set. She seven years old, and about 48 inches tall. I looked at a few sets and had a question on what would be best. There is A top Flite set 48-52" and then the next set goes from 53 inches and up. The us kids sets...
  9. D

Replacement shaft in 6i

I broke a shaft today hitting off of a mat (ugh) and I took it to be replaced at GG. I assumed they would replace with similar weight but I forgot to ask. Checking the receipt it has a sku for a true temper 128g shaft. The original shaft was 85g - taylormade speed blade. Not sure how big of...
  10. D

Putter grip question

I had a new grip put on my spider blade counterbalanced putter - a super stroke grip (without the counter balance). At the bottom of the grip There is a small gap between the shaft and the grip, like the hole in the grip is a bit larger at the bottom of the grip, likely due to the taper of the...
  11. D

Fs - precision pro gps band

Brand new in box. Precision pro GPS golf band. Pretty simple and to the point. Retails for $170, looking for $135 OBO will ship for free. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. D

2 man Better ball tournament coming up

So I got asked to play in a 2m BB tournament by my boss. Tournament is Monday. Actually filling in for him since he's injured. My partner will be his boss and ultimately both of ours. I have no idea what the event is really for - looks to be a corporate championship of some sort and we are a...
  13. D

Rules question

So the course I played Friday is a Pete Dye design. It has a few bunkers with the wood planks of them like the one shown here. I hit into on and the ball came to rest on top of the plank thanks to some grass that was growing up through and around the plank. It was actually sitting up on the...
  14. D

Aerated fairways?

We all hate when the greens get jabbed. But Does is bother you when fairways get that treatment? Would you avoid playing a course if you knew ahead of time. I just found out they did "some" of the fairways on the course I'm playing Friday. Usually don't bother me, but they are scheduled to...
  15. D

Pain in ring finger Lower hand

I've developed some excruciating pain in my ring finger of my lower hand. I use a vardon grip. It started a few weeks ago and has gotten worse over time. I took some time off, about a week and a half from any golf activity, iced the crap out of it. And rested it in a splint occasionally...
  16. D

Old school ball - play or no play?

Found this out playing one day. I want to play it and see how it goes. Looks like 100 years old lol. Any idea what year this might have been made? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. D

Streaks of PAR or better

Not sure if anyone really tracks this but we have a consecutive birdie round thread so I thought I'd throw this out there - what's your longest consecutive par or better streak? Right now mine is sitting at 5 (all in the same round). This can carry over from round to round if you'd like...
  18. D

Rules question on the tee box

So one of the guys I was paired with yesterday never used a tee on the tee box. I know that's fine, but what about altering the ground before he "teed" it up. Meaning he would take his heel usually and press into the ground and creating a small hump that he then teed the ball up on. Now I...
  19. D

Wedges per round

Just curious if anyone keeps track of wedge shots (pw - whatever) per round and if so, what's your average? I was looking through my rounds at club performance and have come to the realization that I have a ton of wedge shots per round. Obviously low GIR rounds lead to more wedge shots but I...
  20. D

Total violation by my brother!

Ok - I take my dad golfing for Father's Day every year. I have 2 brothers that used to go but aren't really golfers. So they haven't been going for like the last 8 years or so. I stopped inviting them when they kept Making excuses as to why they couldn't go - wife chores, no money, little...
Back