Search results for query: *

1. L

CONTEST The 2023 US Open Contest and Thread Sponsored by Srixon Golf

Brooks Koepka Srixon ZX5 MKII Love the bag!
  2. L

Have you ever chipped from on the green?

Only twice. First was in a local tournament and I was very close to the edge of the green and had rough to go over for the hole. Figured so close to the apron that it wouldn't be an issue at worse case. Did no damage on that one. This year in the "supervisor revenge" at our club they had...
  3. L

Eye Surgery

Had lens replacement surgery in both eyes about 6 months ago - even though no cataracts. Just got tired of buying glasses every year or two since turning 45 - even though the prescription was not changing very much, the rims get old or more drastically the lens would get scratched and not...
  4. L

What sports record will never be broken?

Every sport has a couple of records that seem untouchable - and probably are. However, Tony Dorsett's longest run from scrimmage (99 yds.) by definition can never be broken.
  5. L

2020 THP Holiday Cheer Day 2: Ben Hogan Irons with Custom Shafts

There is nothing not to like, love the look at address and the Recoil shafts can not be beat. Have been pinning for these clubs for several weeks now - put me out of my misery already!
  6. L

Shot Scope V3 is Here!

I used the V2 for a couple of years (around 180 rds/year) and although I felt the battery life was shorter at the end of that time it was still more than sufficient for a full round/day. I never tried two rounds/charge so have no input. The V3 that I now have has a much longer battery life and...
  7. L

Bryson talking 48” driver shaft at the US Open

So Gene Sarazen should not have invented the wedge? Messing with his tools like that. I agree with your sentiment about Bryson, just couldn't resist.;)
  8. L

Shot Scope V3 is Here!

Been using for severals rounds now after the latest update and the club id indicator is very good. Just a quick glance before the swing confirms that the club has been seen correctly. I always glance at the yardage just before setup anyway so nothing new for me to train myself to do. If it...
  9. L

When is the last time you wore pants?

Retired so no work requiring trousers but living in Austin, TX I wear trousers more in the summer to play golf than shorts. The sun can be very destructive spending 3 or 4 hours daily on the course. Six weeks in Summer and six weeks in Winter down here is when trousers are needed. Sun Sleeves...
  10. L

Phil Mickelson's Tweet

Interesting that it came on #womensgolfday - might be a lot of truth in the post and a little of the con that Phil is famous for creating. Don't know that is true, just what I have read. He also tweeted a praise for his sister Tina, that one was definitely real with no con implied. Maybe they...
  11. L

USGA missing the mark with GHIN

There is a lot of misinformation floating around in the thread. Some of it is just outdated information and other just seems so wrong there is no explanation. If you are interested in obtaining a handicap you should do some research on your own. It is not difficult to get but yes it will cost a...
  12. L

Shot Scope V3 is Here!

Got my spare screws in the mail today. Thanks Jamie, support at ShotScope has always been very responsive to me and accomplished everything I have needed. Still love the new watch, another great round today, the last tag indicator was a fantastic addition. The person that came up with that...
  13. L

Shot Scope V3 is Here!

Yeah, another user confirmed the size T4 for me and then I picked up a driver. One of my other screws was loose but not loose enough to hurt - I don't think. They are tight now. I also heard from support that they now had spare screws and he was to send me some. I have not gotten them yet but...
  14. L

Shot Scope V3 is Here!

No I do not use a daily watch.
  15. L

Shot Scope V3 is Here!

OK, used it again yesterday and it recorded 73 of 74 shots - fantastic. I am getting more consistent on waking up the sensor - especially when using a wedge where I do not take big practice swings. Didn't miss any wedge shots yesterday. I use manual putting because I like it better. Have had it...
  16. L

Shot Scope V3 is Here!

OK, playing today and the watch is doing great until middle of 9th fairway. GPS freezes - nothing I tried could get it going again. Tried advancing to next hole and back, tried forcing a pin collect, viewing hazards - everything I could think of without ending the round and starting over...
  17. L

Shot Scope V3 is Here!

Just to update my previous posting: I did hear very quickly from ShotScope support - those guys are great even in these busy times. They are to send me a replacement watch - don't have any spare screws and did not confirm the screw size or driver type/size - I assume since these are considered...
  18. L

Shot Scope V3 is Here!

It really becomes an issue if say you have the same driver head but just change out the shaft. Now you have to select the same drop down boxes (there is not a "name" or text entered field to distinguish the club). So you end up with the exact club but different color in your bag. No way to tell...
  19. L

Shot Scope V3 is Here!

Well, played my 4th or so round with the new V3 and today was very nice. I seem to have found the secret in getting all my shots recorded. It was missing 10 or more shots before, mostly short chip shots but today it was almost perfect. I make sure that I touch the tag to the watch band before...
Back