Search results for query: *

1. U

Rank this-other tours

Permit me to offer a "Rank this" thread: Outside of and not including the PGA tour, which tour do you most enjoy watching: The European tour The LPGA The Champions tour The Web.com tour I was going to add none of the above, but decided against it.
  2. U

The importance of growing the game

When golf in the Olympics is discussed, it is consistently stated that it will help grow the game. When certain other programs and activities are discussed, again, it will be suggested that they are important to the growth of the game. I can certainly understand the importance of growth if...
  3. U

If its most likely mental, what do you do?

As I noted in other threads, my problem is green side sand bunkers. Last week, if I had a bunker shot, I could have broken 80 for about the third time in my life. I have taken bunker lessons from no less than three PGA club professionals, I have read just about every article and have viewed...
  4. U

Is Nike copying Puma

I don't remember exactly which day is was, perhaps Saturday, I thought I saw McIlroy wearing some Nike pants that had elastic around its bottoms along with some high top shoes. It seemed to be Nike's version of the Puma attire worn by Fowler. Perhaps, these two apparel companies think this...
  5. U

In need of techno assistance

As I read other threads in other folders, it is becoming increasingly obvious that I must gain some knowledge regarding the use of social media and other digital capabilities. I realize that in order for me to enjoy the full advantages that this site offers, I must acquire the ability to use...
  6. U

Define golf happiness

To me, happiness is walking to a green with only a putter in your hand.
  7. U

Perhaps, someone can explain

There are days when hitting balls at the range prior to a round, I hit some of the worst shots I can hit, but on the course I have one of my best rounds. Conversely, on the range I'm hitting the ball well figuring that I will have a good day scoring wise, only to discover on the course that...
  8. U

Fellow seniors, what clubs are you using?

I am a senior golfer with rather a low swing speed. Let me put it this way, when outings or tournaments let those 65 or older use the up tees, I take advantage of them. Recently, I was fitted for some Callaway irons with which I am extremely satisfied. Now its time to address the driver...
  9. U

A question for those at the PGA show.

Needless to say, I certainly appreciate and have enjoyed the THP reports from the PGA show. However, all I see is right handed equipment. Do any of the exhibitors appreciate us lefties. If so, what exhibitor seems to appreciate those of us in our right minds the most.
  10. U

Criquet shirts

I routinely receive e-mails regarding Criquet shirts, most times regarding sale items. I must admit that I am not familiar with these shirts and, typically, I do not see them in the local golf shops. Generally, is anyone familiar with them and what do you think of them. Specifically, how...
  11. U

Happy Birthday MDGolfHacker

I noticed in the Rivalry thread, that your birthday is this coming weekend. Let me wish you a Happy Birthday. We have been friends and golfing buds for quite a few years now (Man, time goes by faster after each birthday) and I genuinely value that friendship. Have a good time skiing, but...
  12. U

Criquet shirts

Almost daily, I get an e-mail promoting Criquet shirts. I must admit that I am not familiar with them. Anybody here wearing them and what do you think of them.
  13. U

Never make a senior golfer mad!!!

https://www.facebook.com/golfhard/videos/444681752399585/?fref=nf
  14. U

I've hit 1,000

If I have calculated correctly, this should be my 1,000th posting. I want to use this post to express my thanks for letting me be here and my appreciation for the friends I've made here. Your friends are the family you get to choose. I'm glad to be in the THP family.
  15. U

Healthcare going to the dogs.

We all know that dogs are man's best friend, but that may become even more meaningful. A team from the University of California-Davis has been experimenting by training dogs to use their sense of smell to screen patients for potential melanoma and other types of cancer.
  16. U

The Left Hander's Thread

I'm a lefty, my right arm and hand are pretty much useless. When it comes to golf equipment, I feel like the red headed step child. Regarding new equipment the first thing I find out is if it comes in left handed models. If so, when will they be available. Then what shafts and lofts are...
  17. U

Are there any car salespersons here?

Over the years, after multiple purchases, I've never understood how the automobile sales business actually works. In short, what does a dealer actually pay for the vehicles they sell. Based on claims that they can sell a vehicle for little over the invoice, considering the overhead and the...
  18. U

Wahoo-wa!!!!

May I be permitted a bit of a personal celebration. Virginia won the NCAA baseball championship last night. Please understand what it is like when a Virginia team wins anything. Now back to football and basketball, I' ve had my moment. Thanks for letting me.
  19. U

Would you play Chambers Bay?

I guess most of us watched the pros play the Open on the Chambers Bay course. I also think most would agree that it is a rather difficult track. I think it should have a sign much like Bethpage Black. "If you aren't that good, don't even try". Based on its published rates, based on...
  20. U

Beau Biden passes

Sadly, I heard that Vice President Biden's son, Beau, has lost his battle with cancer. This is when we should put politics aside and let our thoughts and prayers go out to the Biden family. Anytime anyone leaves us too soon, it is a tragedy. May Beau rest in peace and may the Biden family...
Back