Search results for query: *

1. tbanks5

Tour Pros home courses

We hear a lot about PGA Tour stars home areas. Rickie and Tiger in the Jupiter, FL area, Jason Day is a member at Memorial in Ohio. Justin Rose is a member at Albany GC in the bahamas. I'm just curious if anyone has some insight into some of the PGA stars home courses? Where they work on their...
  2. tbanks5

Golf Course Rates. Why do we pay what we do?

How much thought is put into how much is charged to play golf? Why is golf as expensive as it is? I've put a lot of thought into this recently, but I don't know if there is a cut and dry answer. First we bring our own equipment (clubs, balls, tees, etc...). Are we paying these rates for an...
  3. tbanks5

Chip's Ahoy vs Oreos

My wife swears by Oreos (Mint thins are her favorite). I stand firm on the regular Chip's Ahoy cookies. Give me some milk and it's heaven. Which one? Chip's Ahoy or Oreos
  4. tbanks5

Helicopter crashed near my local course.

Not sure if my fellow DMV'rs are watching fox news. But a Black Hawk helicopter crashed on hole 3 at Breton Bay GC today. That's like 10 minutes from my home and the best course in the area. Not sure on all details but the military has closed the course and are locking the area down. Sent...
  5. tbanks5

International Golf

How many here at THP have had the chance to play golf internationally? I'm just curious and would like recommendations on how to save money or make the process smooth especially with a language barrier. I'm headed back to the land of the rising sun, and will have plenty of downtime to play a...
  6. tbanks5

Do you think you could be a PGA Tour Caddie?

Do you think you could be a caddie for a player on the PGA tour? If so, who would you caddie for and why? I think caddies are in a weird position. Some are overrated, some underestimated, but a caddie/player relationship that gels creates good results. Money could be a concern as well, but it's...
  7. tbanks5

What is your best/favorite hole on your home course?

What is the best hole or your favorite hole on your home course? What makes this hole so great? Is it the difficulty of the hole, or does the design simply match your eye? Maybe you simply excel on this particular hole and it's a sure fire birdie even when you aren't playing your best. Or is it...
  8. tbanks5

Most Underrated Golfer on Tour

Who is the most underrated player on tour? Who among the top 50 in the world are you surprised about with regards to their ranking? 1. Jordan Speith 2. Jason Day 3. Rory Mcllroy 4. Bubba Watson 5. Rickie Fowler 6. Henrik Stenson 7. Justin Rose 8. Dustin Johnson 9. Jim Furyk 10. Zack Johnson...
  9. tbanks5

Pests/Insects on the Course

So I'm kind of stuck where I'm at...most of my courses are in coastal/swampy type land or in deep woodlands. It may not bother other people as much but I have super sensitive hearing. Like crazy throw off my vertigo hearing with stuff buzzing around my head on really bad days. In the summer...
  10. tbanks5

Jimmy Brandt - Big Break Winner

How do you think he will do this week in the Valspar Championship? What do you think his first and second round scores will be (Par 71)? I'm guessing he shoots a 75 - 71.
  11. tbanks5

Trimming or cutting a graphite shaft

I'm not sure if there is a thread for this, but what is the easiest way to trim or cut a graphite shaft? Obviously I could take it to a shop, but I'm looking to tinker some with old shafts at home. What is the simplest way to do it?
  12. tbanks5

How much divot is too much?

Freddie I've been spending a lot of time lately on grass ranges when I used to only use mats. What helps me in practice is the swing thought that I need to compress the ball at impact or trap the ball to see the best results. Not that I'm doing that exactly but I try my best. Anyway I don't...
  13. tbanks5

Anyone know the easiest way to deal with this?

I recently snapped my Adams 3W at the range and now part of the shaft is stuck in the nosel of the club. I want to re-shaft it, but I don't know what to use to get the piece of graphite shaft out. Anyone know the easiest way to do this?
  14. tbanks5

Where to go from here?

Freddie, I posted this in the Parallel or Past Parallel thread, but wanted to get some tips from you on my swing. I know my swing is extremely long IMO on the backswing and I'm working to shorten it. I also notice I regrip at the top of my backswing as well. Other things need work, but I...
  15. tbanks5

Parallel or past Parallel?

I'm just curious to know if many of you find yourself going past parallel at the top of your swing. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I'm pretty flexible and I would consider my swing smooth. However, I'm currently working on more control and making more of a 3/4 swing rather than a full...
Back