Jimmy Brandt - Big Break Winner

tbanks5

Reaction score
Handicap
How do you think he will do this week in the Valspar Championship?

What do you think his first and second round scores will be (Par 71)?

I'm guessing he shoots a 75 - 71.

Edit: NM I'm a moron this was last season.

I'll say 82, and 84 as I thought he was one of the weaker players last season, just was the only one who could control his driver at the end, and that was the difference. One of the weakest casts in BB history.

He wasnt the most impressive of winner to come out of Big Break, but he got a boat load of money and I have to imagine he has been practicing in anticipation. The nerves will be too much I going to say 75 thursday and he calms down for a 72 friday to miss the cut.

He will be lucky to shoot par on the Copperhead course. I plan to follow him for a few holes out there tomorrow to find out.

I think it will be really bad, I'll say 88-90.

He shoots 7 over both days

He will be lucky to shoot par on the Copperhead course. I plan to follow him for a few holes out there tomorrow to find out.

If you don't mind, update this thread as you follow him!! That'd be kinda cool. I say he misses the cut by 4 strokes.

Just a touch off topic -
When Issac Sanchez tee'd it up at Memphis last summer, after winning Big Break NFL, he shot 86-81. Did not make the cut. Finished dead last over the first two days.
Jimmy in the mid 70's - I think his total each day will be higher. As in the 80's.

I tend to agree with most folks here, I am expecting a train wreck. I'll say 83-79 missed cut.

I am guessing he will shoot around 78-84. No match for any of tour player even on their worst day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

84/79. I'd love to see him shoot 70/70, but I just don't think the firepower's there.

Have any of the BB winners actually made the cut in their free pass event? Off to google.

Its hard to say because you really don't get to see their full game on BB but one of my buddies played in the Pro Am today and shot 77. He is a 1 hdcp and played from one tee up from the Pros. Using that comparison I would say that he will shoot even par over two days or maybe a few over.

Definitely let us know how he is doing. How will he handle the nerves?

I think he shoots 80/78 hope he does well though

Using Tapatalk

So let me get this straight. The Big Break has a big following on THP and this guy won. But some many think he will fail. Then what good is the big break? Do people watch because they want to see the next unknown star or for the numerous one off trick shots?

I would peeps would get behind this guy as many fans of the show there are.

Im saying he shoots in the 80's both days. I do hope he plays well though

Edit, I'm dumb

So let me get this straight. The Big Break has a big following on THP and this guy won. But some many think he will fail. Then what good is the big break? Do people watch because they want to see the next unknown star or for the numerous one off trick shots?

I would peeps would get behind this guy as many fans of the show there are.

i want to see him and others do well but in reality many fail on their exemption round. however many others have turned their chances later on into somewhat of a career or even a win and some top finishes. i think most of us on here are supportive we are just giving honest opinions based on what we have seen

84/79. I'd love to see him shoot 70/70, but I just don't think the firepower's there.

Have any of the BB winners actually made the cut in their free pass event? Off to google.

I wanna say that mike Murphy who won the Ireland BB made the cut at his free event.

Also one of my good buddies was on the BB with jimmy , actually was eliminated by him and speaks pretty highly of him. Il be rooting for him to do well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was pretty close, I pegged him at a 75 today. He has been practicing.

He went +2 on the day. Unless he goes lower tomorrow that won't be enough to make the cut but it's not a bad start honestly. He beat several tour veterans today, so I think that says a lot about his potential.

He's +2 through 5, still on the course.

Back