Search results for query: *

1. bkuehn1952

Shot of the year?

That chest bump was interesting. I wonder if the hole out was for birdie or an “other.”
  2. bkuehn1952

Bad Luck

You need to lower your expectations. Your profile indicates you are a 20 handicap. I assume your Am Tour events are net. A player plays to their handicap 20-25% of the time. The other 75-80% of the time you will likely be scoring much higher than what you hope or expect. Everyone has bad and...
  3. bkuehn1952

Are there any signs?

Not really. So many of the courses I play have no range. The first indication I often have is the drive on the first hole.
  4. bkuehn1952

The 60 and over Thread

Yes, walking is a fairly good health maintenance routine. I have averaged 3.5 miles a day for the past 12 months. I feel the best in several years. All my rounds, save 2, have been walking rounds in 2024 (33 of 35).
  5. bkuehn1952

Pops

I was the same. Figured it out eventually.
  6. bkuehn1952

Feeling Terrible Because I Hit A Kid In The Face With A Drive Today

The lesson repeated here is, as @OldandStiff said, always yell “fore” when in doubt.
  7. bkuehn1952

The 60 and over Thread

I sort of suspected that might be the case. I also played some of the “Bay Tree” courses, which I think are also gone.
  8. bkuehn1952

The 60 and over Thread

Welcome. Isn’t ”Wicked Stick” a course in the Myrtle Beach area? Allegedly John Daly gave his input in the design, if I recall correctly. Any connection to your “handle”?
  9. bkuehn1952

Fog Golf!

It helps to know the course. I have played a couple rounds this year where I had to visualize the green complexes on the first couple holes. They were completely fogged in. I can’t imagine how tough it would be to play “blind” on a new course.
  10. bkuehn1952

What did you shoot today?

Another slightly substandard round of 81 today [44/37, 68.1/115, 5,895 yards]. I would like to blame it on the two guys I joined, who were having a lot of trouble. It was, however, me and my poor ball striking. A decent wind that was two clubs, minimum. The weather report said 18-20 mph with...
  11. bkuehn1952

What Is The Bigger Golf Red Flag?

I guess I wait to see how everyone plays and acts before considering a red flag. There are lots of good reasons for owning a staff bag with one's name, anything from they are a pro to they won the bag as a door prize. I don't tend to look at another player's clubs so I wouldn't even notice...
  12. bkuehn1952

What is the fastest 18 hole round you have played?

I don’t usually keep track of elapsed time on the course. The game is hard enough, I don’t need to fast walk or jog between shots, except sometimes when playing through another group. I looked at the 2023 British Speed Golf results. Wow, shooting 67 in 28 minutes. Now that is fast.
  13. bkuehn1952

Interesting Group I was paired up with today - I am usually a single so I get what I get

I would have suggested playing a scramble. Or ”let’s tee off and play from the 2nd best ball.” Second best so everyone contributes. When I am with a group of newbies, I give up any thought of actually playing my game. Oh, and I might break my general guideline of not drinking and playing. 😉
  14. bkuehn1952

So my Pop bought me 3 golf lessons….

At least one of the sessions might be a playing lesson. Let the pro see you in action. He might have some appropriate adjustments.
  15. bkuehn1952

Do/did you tip your fitter?

I assumed the two guys owned the franchise and were the operators.
  16. bkuehn1952

The 60 and over Thread

Not a good day for scoring. 38/44/82 [6,222 yards, 70.3/125]. It never got much above 50 degrees, with a little rain and a wind in the 15-18 mph range. I think the hills (25 stories worth according to my iPhone app) take a bit out of my legs on the last nine.
  17. bkuehn1952

How much golf does it take to burn you out?

I tend to think of burn out as mentally wanting a break versus physically being worn out. As @Nappy mentioned, when my game is good, I want to play every day. When I am in a slump, I don’t mind doing some yard work or take a long weekend with my spouse and not play golf. In 2020 I played 36 a...
  18. bkuehn1952

The Ultimate 3

A good lesson as to why to never take a practice shot on a par 3. Nonetheless, a great stroke. You will do it the right way next time.
  19. bkuehn1952

Pet Peeves…???

People that refuse or do not want to “pair up” on a busy day. If two people want to play alone on a Saturday morning, buy all four tee times. Otherwise, they should expect to play with one or two people they do not know. I watched last Saturday morning while a single with a cart stood on the...
  20. bkuehn1952

Rando Stories

Story #2 I wandered down to the 1st tee to join a walking twosome. It appeared to be a father and son. We introduced ourselves and it quickly became apparent they were not from the USA. The older gentleman was from France and he was in Ann Arbor to help his 20-something son settle in Ann Arbor...
Back