That sucks…. I did that same thing a few years back on a par 3, great shot @Canadan.

Well, I wish this story was a bit better, but my pain will be your entertainment.

We played in some decent wind today, and on the 14th hole I opted for the PW over the 9 iron and read the wind wrong. Short in the bunker, I was surprised, but we were also waiting on the group in front so for science I decided to grab another ball to hit my 9 to see if it was the right club.

The rest is my painful history. Please enjoy, but be gentle because I’ve never had one (and sadly still don’t).

View attachment 9259654
View attachment 9259655

The long standing “good if it goes” joke is not in fact true. It’s pure pain, and I’m still a bit concussed from it. On the plus side, the shot was absolutely ******* majestic.

Kudos to @wadesworld @Golfers Anonymous and @Scooby45 for sharing the pain with me.
Nothing worse than hitting that second shot and it never leaves the pin the whole flight…pit in your stomach

I feel for your pain.

A good lesson as to why to never take a practice shot on a par 3. Nonetheless, a great stroke. You will do it the right way next time.

I'm calling it progress. The Gods are weakening their resolve. Just a matter of time man.

Man that is just brutal but your day will come!

220 yard par 3.

Tried to hit a fade with the 4 iron and instead, flared it right OB.
Teed up a 2nd ball (as I should have this time lmao) and it tracked the entire way.

Landed two feet short, ran just by the hole on the right, kick in bogey.

220 yard par 3.

Tried to hit a fade with the 4 iron and instead, flared it right OB.
Teed up a 2nd ball (as I should have this time lmao) and it tracked the entire way.

Landed two feet short, ran just by the hole on the right, kick in bogey.
Would you rather have had it go in? Or prefer it not and take the bogey?

If I do it again, it's officially 'my thing' and I am not sure how into it I am hahahaha
What a awesome but miserable stat to have to keep track of...

but it still felt good to make it, right?

I mean, you know it will happen

haha, back right pin, middle pin is 205.

Prevailing is always in the face. Green is big though
Im not sure if this clarification made the hole better or worse. Geeze.

Back