Search results for query: *

1. ATLGolfer

B Asha "Special X" shaft

Found this while skimming the Bay the other day. I've never seen a B Asha shaft marked as "Special X." I'm used to seeing a number/letter code (example - 5S or 7X). Anyone familiar with this and have some insight on what it is? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. ATLGolfer

THP Callout -- Flog: Come get your whoopin'

It's time to finally rekindle the ATL/Flog Challenge one last time before I head out to Savannah. Tomorrow morning at Berkeley Hills CC, it's on like Donkey Kong. We'll use this thread for the live round play by play.
  3. ATLGolfer

Do I need to change my name?

Quasi-Open letter to my friends at THP: The last two years have brought some incredible changes to my life. Some good, some less than. The most recent change has been with my work. About a month ago the firm asked me to open an office in Savannah. After a lot of thought (and initially...
  4. ATLGolfer

NBC has broadcasting rights to Open Championship

I have to admit, I'm pretty disappointed to hear this announcement. NBC has a knack for ruining golf coverage, as illustrated by its broadcast of the US Open over the years. The Open Championship is one of my favorite events of the year, and I am very concerned that NBC will now ruin that...
  5. ATLGolfer

FS: Apex UT 24* (KBS TourV Stiff) - New

I'm selling a new, never hit Apex UT. It's 24* with a stiff, KBS TourV stiff steel shaft. I bought it a couple weeks ago off of Amazon because it was a really excellent price. Ultimately, I don't want to pull my hybrid out of the bag, so I don't need the UT. I had planned to return it...
  6. ATLGolfer

Masters Champions Dinner -- What Do You Have?

I remember this thread from last year, and it was pretty fun. Masters Champions Dinner is this evening. If you were the champion, what would you serve? I'll start: My version of surf and turf -- filet stuffed with lump crab and served with a blue cheese sauce Roasted, then fried, new...
  7. ATLGolfer

"Frozen" Right Shoulder

I've noticed that my right shoulder will get stuck during the backswing. Instead of moving with the left shoulder, the right shoulder stays "frozen," which causes the club and my right elbow to get far too upright. Pulls and thin shots are the result. I'm hoping that Mr. Kong has some insight...
  8. ATLGolfer

Proper Posture

This morning I saw a drill to check spine angle alignment. It involves putting a club on your back so the shaft is connected from your shoulder blades to your tail bone. The shaft should touch both points. I've seen this before, but today was the first time that I've actually tried it. Looking...
  9. ATLGolfer

Putter Fittings

I've been fortunate enough to go through club fittings, but I still use an off the rack putter. I always wonder if I would benefit from a putter fitting. For those who have been fitted for a putter, tell us about it. Where did you get fitted? What drills did they have you do? What type of...
  10. ATLGolfer

Thoughts on Hal Sutton Swing

I watched the Golf Channel Academy show on Tuesday (2/11) night with Hal Sutton as the guest professional. It was definitely an "aha" moment for me. It's like every swing thought that I've tried to accomplish wrapped up into one professional golfer. His approach is pretty simple: Keep your...
  11. ATLGolfer

FS: Titleist 910f FWs - 15* and 19*, PX 8C4 Shafts

Selling my Titleist 910f fairway woods. The 3W is 15* and the 5W is 19*. Both have the Project X 8C4 tour issue shaft (stiff flex). Both are standard length. Both have a Lamkin 3Gen REL grip. The grips certainly aren't new, but they have some life and grip still in them. Pics show the...
  12. ATLGolfer

FS: Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme Driver w/ B Asha 5s

Selling my Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme driver. It is 9.5* and has a B Asha 5s shaft. I had it built to 46", which is 1/2" longer than standard. The RFE is in excellent condition and has a Lamkin 3Gen REL grip that is also in excellent condition. Driver comes with original head cover (unused) and...
  13. ATLGolfer

Best SNL Skit Ever

JB mentioned this on Twitter, and I thought it would be worth opening a thread. Best Saturday Night Live skit ever: What do you have? My favorites: Celebrity Jeopardy Lazy Sunday D*ck in a Box (and its progeny)
  14. ATLGolfer

Ideal Ball Speed

I had a discussion with Hawk yesterday that made me start thinking more about ball speed and how it is affected by things other than swing speed. Until now, I haven't really thought about the numbers that go into a golf shot. I didn't think about ball speed, launch angle or spin rate. But...
  15. ATLGolfer

The Donut Thread

If ever a thread needed to be created in the Food & Drink thread, it's the Doughnut Thread. I'm a huge doughnut guy. It's probably the best thing ever created. But, I also like local and I like creative. The hope is to have a thread where everyone can share their favorite doughnut places and...
  16. ATLGolfer

Free to a good home - Ashworth Windshirt XXL

I'm trying to clean out my closet a but, and I have a couple things that don't fit anymore. One is an Ashworth windshirt that is XXL. It's really nice, but it's just too big for me. Pics below. If you want it, pay the shipping and it's yours. PM me if you're interested. Thanks.
  17. ATLGolfer

Happy Birthday cpljohnst

Very Happy Birthday to my friend Barry, aka cpljohnst. As an early birthday present, many THPers in Sarasota worked very hard to get him a SLDR driver. (Some worked harder than others.) At any rate, Happy Birthday, Barry!
  18. ATLGolfer

FS: THP Limited Edition Unstructured Hat

This is the recently released THP limited edition unstructured hat. It is an awesome looking hat, as you can tell from the photos. I tried it for the first time last weekend and immediately realized that it doesn't work with my ginormous head. Rather than keep it on the shelf, I thought I...
  19. ATLGolfer

The Thank A War Eagle Thread

I know there is a "Thank a THPer" thread on this board, but this act of kindness deserves its own thread. I hope the mods are okay with this, but feel free to merge if needed. I recently started a SeeMore ponder that left me looking for a SeeMore DBx4. After trying to find a used one online...
  20. ATLGolfer

WTB SeeMore DB4x CS (35")

I thought I would take a flyer on my newest club ponder. If anyone has an extra SeeMore DB4x CS laying around and they want to receive a low-ball offer for it, send me a PM.
Back