Search results for query: *

1. texasgolfer

Top Golf

I went to Top Golf in Allen for the first time yesterday. They have micro chips in the balls to tell you the exact distance the ball travels. It was pretty cold while I was out hitting, mid 30s. My questions is, has anyone on the forum noticed that the balls don't seem to travel as far as normal...
  2. texasgolfer

AP 1 vs. AP 2

I am not in the market for new clubs, but I was at Golfsmith messing around the other day in their hitting bay. I started hitting the new Titelist AP 2 irons with S300 Shafts. They were great, I was hitting the 6i about 170 yards on their LM. I then picked up an AP 1 6i. Same swing, same balls...
  3. texasgolfer

How young is to young for Lessons?

My son is 5 years old. He loves going to the course with me, and we play together as much as possible. At what age should I consider getting him into some lessons? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg-ATQngubg&list=HL1327697531&feature=mh_lolz
  4. texasgolfer

I-Tour Dallas - Idividual Golf Tour

I have a buddy who has signed up for this year's I-Tour. IT is an Individual Golf Tour in Dallas and Houston. Cash Payouts, and they allow the use of handicaps. Before I sign up I just wanted to see if anyone has experience with this Tour. How were the turnouts in the past? Were the tournaments...
  5. texasgolfer

Vintage Head Covers

Does anyone know of any good Vintage Head Cover companies? I am looking for a unique knitted Head cover for my Driver and 3 Wood. I have ran accross some on Ebay, but I figured I would check here before pulling the trigger. Thanks, Sam
  6. texasgolfer

Honma Irons

What are these things all about, and why are they so expensive!!??
  7. texasgolfer

Romo?

This post was inspired by the Tebow Poll. Romo, are you a fan?
  8. texasgolfer

Heavy Putter

I use a Boccieri Golf Heavy Putter, and really like it. While playing with a few buddies the other day, one of them told me that the Heavy Putters are non conforming. Not that it really matters when I am only playing for personal enjoyment, I was just wondering if he is correct. Thanks, Sam
  9. texasgolfer

Ball Position

I know traditionally on Long irons, you should position the ball just forward of center. I am a good ball striker, and a single digit handicap golfer who positions the ball on my long irons about 2-3 inches back of center. I get great distance, and hit the ball straight. I have tried to change...
  10. texasgolfer

New to THP

I have been directed to this site numerous times in the past while conducting Google Searches on different golf topics. I figured it was time to join. After reading through some threads, i see this place is full of intelligent Golfers, who really enjoy giving opions, and helping others out. I...
Back