I am definitely a full swing guy. I feel like I de-celerate to much on half swings, but it is something I am working on.

100-110 is a 3/4 swing with my 50* wedge or 100% swing with the 60* (and thats pushing it). I generally take my 50* from this distance.

I'm really working on 1/2 and 3/4 shots right now. Unless I have a big carry this will be my shot. So much easier to control for me.

I like to go with a 95% swing with my 58*. In fact, I got a 56* so that I could stich with a 95% -100% swing just that bit further out instead of gearing down too much on my 52*.

For 100 yds I always use my 52 degree wedge with a full swing.

80-85 yds, 56 degree wedge.

I'd say i'm that 90%-100% with my 55 Vokey @ 100 out. I don't get a lot of spin with it and that's my most comfortable club so i'm very confident with that shot:rockon:

100 yards is not my comfort zone. My 56* SW is a comfortable 85-95 yards. My 60* LW is between 70-85 yards. I would use my 52* AW or gap wedge (usually 95-110) for the 100 yard shot.

I DON'T like to nuke my wedges unless I have no other choice, like to go over a tree, bush...etc. I would much rather go 80-90% with a nice smooth swing.

Depending on conditions, (not bragging) 100 yards in would be a three quarter 58 degree for me. Btw, +2.5 handicap here, not your average golfer.
-Bennett

You're in the wrong place, this is the Hackers Paradise, not scratch or better paradise! Just kidding of course.

100yds is a perfect full 56* for me. 110 would be a 3/4 50*. I don't get into 3/4 or 1/2 swings until I get under 85yds, which is a full 60*.

My 49* is right at 100, my 54* is 75-80 yards, full swings. Any yardage less than that is a partial swing with the 49*.

Great question, and I think your right, to a large extent, it's a 'style' of play question.

I only have two wedges, PW which is 48* (can't remember which) and my 56* wedge. PW is my 110 yard full swing (but not trying to murder the ball or anything), the 56* goes 90, but I can crank it to 95 yards if I try to murder the ball. I really should just get a 52* wedge to get that '100 yard' club.

I swing my wedges with full swings if its the right 'full' yardage.

I use the Pelz merhos for it's simplicity, 75% is just my front arm parrallel to the ground, and 50% is just my front arm at 7:30 on the clock. Works well for me, I'm pretty consistent compared to a year ago...

Sent From My Droid Incredible

My full swing with my SW is 105 yrds.
I do take a full swing when needed.
What I have started doing late last year was narrowing my stance and choking down on clubs to hit those in-between yardages.
This allows me to hit more full swing shots and not have to "baby" or "hammer" a shot to find those yardages.

For 100 Yards, I will either go hard at a 54, or back of a PW, depending on the shot.

I use the 8, 9 and 10 o'clock positions for the 56* sand wedge to hit 20, 30 and 60 yard shots, I can hit it about 75 yards full swing if I feel I need to. I use that method with all of my wedges. So for 100 yards it is the 10 o'clock position with the PW.

Last edited:
I carry a 48° PW, 54° SW, & 60° LW. Carry distances are 128y, 106y, 80y. I take a full swing (85-90%) to those yardages. If I'm in between there, say have 96y to the stick, I'll take a 3/4 SW and choke down to control trajectory & spin. One hop and stop basically.

Back