2009 CN Canadian Women's Open [spoilers]

No, all of my updates were from LPGA or Ron Sirak on Twitter. I am glad that there is a tournament, but wish we were getting more coverage than two days! Especially because this is a full field and a gorgeous golf course.

Me too soxy. Me too.

Next week is the P&G Arkansas. 54 holes (all on GC) with 2 hours F, and 3 hours each on Sat. and Sun. I'm pretty happy any time we get 3 hours a day of coverage. That's as much as the men get for a non-major.

Looks like Michelle Wie won't be around for the weekend. :sad:
She did bounce back with a 69 today, but it looks like she will come up one or two strokes short of the cut. Will this her first missed cut this year? I can't remember any others.

Song-Hee Kim (T1) went LOW today with a 62. I believe that is a new course record. (I think Anna Rawson set the record yesterday with a 64.)

Suzann Pettersen (T1) and Lorena Ochoa (T1) are also right at the top for the weekend.

Amanda Blumenherst soiled herself today (+4) after ending Thursday's round on the first page of the leaderboard.

Paige MacKenzie (T13) will easily make the cut, but needs a few more birdies today to stay in the hunt for the win.

Would have been nice if we could have seen all this happen . . .

Ok Suzanne is in the lead, lets hope she can continue her play and win this tournament. I would love to see her finally get another win.

Lorena just overtook her, but still has 6 holes to play.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand LPGA scoring is down. Again. :bad:

EDIT: CBC leaderboard:
CBC.ca Sports

Wow. Paula Creamer 4-over through 6.

:question:

But who can complain about an Ochoa-Pettersen duel? A total classic.

Paige Mackenzie, +3 today... Consecutive double bogeys on #2 + #3.

Ouch.

Eagled the 12th though ^.^

Just started watching the coverage.

Apparently, the Canadian Broadcasting Company doesn't own any HD cameras. :bad:

Judy Rankin co-anchoring with Canadian Ron MacLean. Except MacLean is primarily a hockey announcer and I'm having trouble "accepting" his voice for golf. Also, the whole broadcast has a very different feel to it. MacLean is spending a lot of time chatting with the other announcers about aboot their personal experiences instead of getting to the golf. Not much "flow" to the broadcast either. I guess, despite the huge popularity of golf in Canada, they don't do many of their own broadcasts; relying instead on the U.S. broadcasts.

Didn't know that the Canadian Open is the second richest purse in North America for the LPGA.

None of the 13 Canadians in the field made the cut.

Judy Rankin won the 1977 Canadian Open and they showed some highlights. Wow, Rankin had a really upright stance and a really laid the club off at the top of her swing.

So far, very disappointed with how little golf is being shown. More filler than golf.

Morgan Pressel's outfit today (black and gold short sleeve t-neck sweater) looked awesome (couldn't find a photo). So classy looking.

They just showed Lorena throwing another hissy fit. And not the little club thump that Pressel or Kerr sometimes do. She took her iron and slammed it into the fairway multiple times as hard as she could. Just a total conniption. And that's not even close to the first time she's done that. What is up with her this year? She has really lost her mental edge.

Morgan Pressel's outfit today (black and gold short sleeve t-neck sweater) looked awesome (couldn't find a photo). So classy looking.

They just showed Lorena throwing another hissy fit. And not the little club thump that Pressel or Kerr sometimes do. She took her iron and slammed it into the fairway multiple times as hard as she could. Just a total conniption. And that's not even close to the first time she's done that. What is up with her this year? She has really lost her mental edge.

I saw that by Lorena. Crazy. This year she seems to have lost it a little. Pressel's "little club thumb" broke a driver earlier this year whacking her own bag. Tempers get the best of people I guess.

Im with you, the coverage is awful. They show NO golf.

I've recorded it; now you have me not wanting to watch it so much.

Edit: Okay, I tried to grab some photos, but the Getty images on the LPGA site didn't allow for my basic right-click-copy-and-paste. Harry, I simply can't match you.

...They just showed Lorena throwing another hissy fit. And not the little club thump that Pressel or Kerr sometimes do. She took her iron and slammed it into the fairway multiple times as hard as she could. Just a total conniption. And that's not even close to the first time she's done that. What is up with her this year? She has really lost her mental edge.

Is it possible that the weight of being so popular in Mexico is starting to get to her?

I've recorded it; now you have me not wanting to watch it so much.

Edit: Okay, I tried to grab some photos, but the Getty images on the LPGA site didn't allow for my basic right-click-copy-and-paste. Harry, I simply can't match you.

It gets a little better. Besides, that's the good thing about recording it - you can fast forward to the good stuff. It's even easier with a DVR.

I don't remember Pressel breaking her driver. When was that?

On a side note, how about Tiger throwing his club at the Deutsche Bank.

Earlier this year. There is a thread about it. She got p'ed off and hit her driver around her bag on hole 5 I believe (IIRC) and something was rattling inside it. She then had to play the rest of the round without it.

I really like Pettersen.

LPGA07_213741gm-a.jpg

Just finished watching the fourth round. When Suzann won, Yani Tseng, Morgan Pressel, Ay Miyazato and Kristy McPherson all came out to soak her in beer and champagne. I think everyone was so happy for her to get that next win. Love the LPGA.

I agree with everyone that the coverage wasn't very good, but did get better for the final round. The third round had more shots of the sky than actual shots!

Why mic Kristy McPherson if you aren't going to play any of it?

I am always impressed with Morgan's interviews. Mature response today with "that's an interesting question."

Angela Stanford had some amazing shots: 63 foot putt to end the third round and two great chip-ins in the final round.

Some great long hitters: Vicky Hurst-335 yard drive, Suzann Peterson-320.

Glad to see Morgan have another good result.

Kristy McPherson seems to be on that front page of the leaderboard a lot, can't wait to see her get her first win.

Glad to see Ay Miyazato continuing to play well after her win at Evian.

Arkansas is next! Woohoo, three tournaments in a row!:blob:

Petterson's tweet following the win:

suzannpettersen: Yes yes yes. FINALLY!! iam back!!

She also said, "I'm back" during her post round interview. I love that mind set!

Just finished watching the fourth round. When Suzann won, Yani Tseng, Morgan Pressel, Ay Miyazato and Kristy McPherson all came out to soak her in beer and champagne. I think everyone was so happy for her to get that next win. Love the LPGA.

I agree with everyone that the coverage wasn't very good, but did get better for the final round. The third round had more shots of the sky than actual shots!

Why mic Kristy McPherson if you aren't going to play any of it?

I am always impressed with Morgan's interviews. Mature response today with "that's an interesting question."

Angela Stanford had some amazing shots: 63 foot putt to end the third round and two great chip-ins in the final round.

Some great long hitters: Vicky Hurst-335 yard drive, Suzann Peterson-320.

Glad to see Morgan have another good result.

Kristy McPherson seems to be on that front page of the leaderboard a lot, can't wait to see her get her first win.

Glad to see Ay Miyazato continuing to play well after her win at Evian.

Arkansas is next! Woohoo, three tournaments in a row!:blob:

You just said everything I was preparing to post. Almost exactly. Seriously.

You just said everything I was preparing to post. Almost exactly. Seriously.

So what did I miss?! :wink:

This, Road House, Pandora Radio...are you following me?

Back