2011 ESPN NFL Gridiron Challenge (A fantasy game)

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I set up a group for this game. One entry per THP forum member. Please use your username either in your entry name or your actual name! If you already have an ESPN account set up, it's easy to create a new entry.

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL THP CONTEST! THIS IS ONLY FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS. NO PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED.

The object is to pick a winning roster every week. If you played our Majors Best Ball Challenges, it is kind of like that. This challenge does not have the option of locking it once the season starts. If you join late, please use a clean entry so it doesn't mess up the standings.

Group Name: THP Gridiron Challenge
Password: Hackers
Link: http://games.espn.go.com/gridiron/en/frontpage
PLEASE USE YOUR THP NAME IN YOUR ENTRY!

SCORING AND LOCK TIMES (See How to Play on the website):

Scoring. From all eligible entries received, the winners will be determined based on their ability to use their skill and knowledge of U.S. professional football to accumulate the most points during the Promotion Period. The Promotion scoring system is as follows:

Offense (QB, RB, WR, TE, K)
6 pts per rushing, receiving or return touchdown
4 pts per passing touchdown
3 pts per field goal made
2 pts per passing, rushing or receiving 2 pt conversion
1 pt per 10 yards rushing or receiving
1 pt per 25 yards passing
1 pt per extra point made

Defense/Special Teams (D)
10 pts for 0 points allowed
7 pts for 2-6 points allowed
4 pts for 7-13 points allowed
1 pt for 14-17 points allowed
0 pts for 18-21 points allowed (note: team defense is responsible for all points allowed)
-1 pts for 22-27 points allowed
-4 pts for 28-34 points allowed
-7 pts for 35-45 points allowed
-10 pts for 46+ points allowed
5 pts per team win
3 pts per defensive or special teams TD
2 pts per interception
2 pts per fumble recovery
2 pts per blocked punt, point after touchdown or field goal (note: a deflected kick of any kind does not receive points)
2 pts per safety
1 pt per sack

Lock-time. Each roster slot will lock at the scheduled kickoff of each individual football player's game. Entrants must make sure their weekly picks are submitted by this lock-time. Selections submitted after the lock-time are considered invalid, and no points will be received. Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.

So we wound up with 13 players in this one.

IceyShanks
BulldogsGolf
Checkered
Smallville
War eagle
mcook
emanthei
Dankil
Chosen
Biggsy
Dazinkster
Spank
Josh Ross

This isn't locked, and if anyone else wants to get in before the weekend games, feel free to do so.

After this weekend, if you do get in, please only use a clean, fresh entry that is missing any weeks before you get in.

Last edited:
All signed up

Yeah you better be. You won all of the pro challenges last year. So by default, you HAVE to enter everything!

Lol yeh, I just remembered that and edited my other post. Will be seriously tough to do that again!

Gutted to miss out on the primary THP fantasy leagues though. I've just PM'd GG to hopefully get in the 3rd league, but I'd have liked to lock horns with the THP kingpins of fantasy football in one of the primary 2 leagues

We have four people in this so far. There's a couple weeks to go before the season starts, do hopefully we can get a bunch more in!

I am in... And planning on being the bottom of the barrel! :D

---
- Tappin' from my iPad!

This is always fun, I will give it a shot, hopefully I dont do too bad!

Eight people in this one. Not quite two weeks left to get into this challenge.

I was in. Like 3rd in. Can't wait to whoop some arse! Good luck all!

Here's the final standings from last year. Remind those who aren't in yet on this list to get in!

1 - Dazinkster (1991)
2 - Bridges (1960)
3 - Smallville (1905)
4 - Knightgolf (1825)
5 - Spank (1769)
6 - Icey (1754)
7 - One-T (1737)
8 - CG13 (late entry) (917)

I'm in. Jeez 4 ESPN FF things to keep up with.

I'm in, this will be fun!

We are up to 10 people now. One more round of pre season games and the season starts next Thursday!

We still have ten people. Five more days to get in this!

Don't forget to set your team before Thursday night! We still have just 10 people in this thing.

Season starts tomorrow! Get your teams in!

Both? There are three challenges you know!

I did the Gridiron and Pigskin....which one did I miss?

NM: just saw and joined the eliminator.

Wish more people were involved :-/

I just joined up.

Have never played this one before, if you spend less than the $50 million, do you get more points? Is there any benefit to not spending all the money?

No prizes. You see what happens when there are no prizes!

I just joined up.

Have never played this one before, if you spend less than the $50 million, do you get more points? Is there any benefit to not spending all the money?
Nope, no bonus for spending less.

No prizes. You see what happens when there are no prizes!

Nope, no bonus for spending less.

Ok, got it. Will go spend all my money now.

Just got in! I've never been good at this particular game for some reason.

Back