2012 Greenbrier Classic Thread (Spoilers)

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
The PGA Tour makes its 3rd visit to West Virginia for the Greenbrier Classic. Even though the course took some damage during the storms last week, a huge effort by the staff and volunteers at the Greenbrier has the course ready for play.

The obvious story this week is Tiger Woods making his first visit to this tournament, coming off of his win at Congressional. He is paired with Steve Stricker and Webb Simpson in the first 2 rounds. The other big grouping in the first 2 rounds is Scott Stallings, Stuart Appleby, and Phil Mickelson, which is the first 2 winners of this event along with Lefty, who is making his first start since the US Open.

This course is also one of my favorite courses on tour, as the original architects were C.B. McDonald and Seth Raynor. There are a lot of cool "old school" design features at this course.

Who is everyone's pick to win this week?

Completely honest. I had to think why this tournament wasn't on TV today.

I go to college in WV. This tournament is huge for the state. WV got pretty beat up by this storm and the Greenbrier has done a great job cleaning up the debris. Many folks are still without power so keep them in your prayers. Rooting for Tiger!

Woohoo, Almost Heaven, West Virginia

Stricker has his wife on the bag this week, kinda cool.

--
Tapatalk2

To me, this seems like a Stricker kind of course...I think he does well this week. My fantasy squad is a very eclectic group this week, it's either going to work and extend my lead or I am going to bomb and let alot of people back into the race...LOL

My buddy went to med school in WV and always raved about this course. I remember it from a TW game, good track; and I'm excited to watch.

My pick? Tiger. I never pick against him.

I honestly like all 3 in the Tiger group. I really just like Stricker in general because he's so damn collected on the course. Tiger because I'm a Tiger homer and he's just good. Webb because he's a Raleigh boy and I have to stick with the hometown kid.

Really though, I don't think Tiger will win back to back. I'm going to pick Webb.

The field for this one is better than I thought it was at first glance. I think Noh has another good week, and gets close this time. The kid seems to be stepping up.

But my pick is Spencer Levin. Not sure why.

Jeff Overton gets the win that Stuart Appleby took from him with his 59 on Sunday 2 years ago. Congrats One-T, this one is all yours.

I like Overton he could have a good week. I'm playing the odds with DJ and TW

I think Tiger is going to steamroll the competition this week. On his way to being the HUGE favorite at the next major.

I think Tiger is going to steamroll the competition this week. On his way to being the HUGE favorite at the next major.

It's very possible, this is when that 10 start limit starts coming into play in Fantasy golf....I wasted a couple of Tiger starts at events where he didn't do very well so I only have 3 starts left for him....gotta save one for the British and probably one for the PGA, hanging on to this lead is not going to be easy over the next several weeks.....this is a long damn contest...LOL

I think Tiger wins this one as well. I also can see Phil playing well.

Im so good at predictions...UGH

LOL. Tigger with the el double on the par 5.

I need Webb to keep up the hot round. And De Jonge - get your game going the other direction please.

Ouch, a double on a par 5....don't see that from Tiger very often!

One a side note, Stricker looking pretty solid

Scoring conditions are just awesome right now we are hearing and yet my wonderful prediction is back to ole Mr. Consistency.

Scoring conditions are just awesome right now we are hearing and yet my wonderful prediction is back to ole Mr. Consistency.

Well he stuck it to 7 feet on the next hole (par 3), good chance to get it back to even at least. He is on my bench....but hoping not to have to use him.

LOL. Tigger with the el double on the par 5.

I need Webb to keep up the hot round. And De Jonge - get your game going the other direction please.

I started De Jonge too...just thought he was going to bounce back after last Sunday....guess not

Steve Marino just shed a single tear. The ole JB Kiss o' Death right there.

I started De Jonge too...just thought he was going to bounce back after last Sunday....guess not

I did the same and getting burnt for it. Man I need some guys to step up, Stricker needs some help.

I did the same and getting burnt for it. Man I need some guys to step up, Stricker needs some help.

Yeah De Jonge gonna be in danger of missing the cut after 9 holes....GEEZ!

Sneds needs to get this turned around.

Back