2012 London Olympics (Spoilers)

That makes it 19 for Phelps. That's pretty sickening. Nice to see him finally get a gold in this Olympics too.

That makes it 19 for Phelps. That's pretty sickening. Nice to see him finally get a gold in this Olympics too.

to think he could have had 2 golds in 2 hours time span if he had just held on earlier

to think he could have had 2 golds in 2 hours time span if he had just held on earlier

if he would have trained the way he did for beijing he could have probably went 8 for 8 again .. how insane would that have been?i dont think that gold got him a 3 peat but i think he still has another race left that could and also needs one more medal to set the all time record at 20 total.

edit nevermind that 19th is the record

Mens beach volleyball is on now on NBC. Loudmouth adorned Rogers/Dalhausser vs Spain.

Tapping from my S3

Just saw the ad for Phelps going for gold in 2 events tonight, I am watching very little of the prime time olympics as I am watching a lot during the day.

Mens beach volleyball is on now on NBC. Loudmouth adorned Rogers/Dalhausser vs Spain.

Tapping from my S3

Dang, you and Ole Gray playing beach volleyball on NBC :laughing:

if he would have trained the way he did for beijing he could have probably went 8 for 8 again .. how insane would that have been?i dont think that gold got him a 3 peat but i think he still has another race left that could and also needs one more medal to set the all time record at 20 total.

edit nevermind that 19th is the record

I thought that was his last race. While not double gold, I'm sure he's not complaining too much

if wiki is correct he can 3 peat the 200 im and the 100 fly

Phelps just proving he's leagues above Ryan Lochte. The two shouldn't even be compared yet.

Can't say I'm a massive fan of women's football, but great result for Team GB tonight doing something the English national team don't seem to be able to do, a 1-0 win over Brazil. Well done ladies!

Tapped via tapatalk

Dang it, OG, why do you have to hit your shots into the net? You lost us the set! :alien:

Can't say I'm a massive fan of women's football, but great result for Team GB tonight doing something the English national team don't seem to be able to do, a 1-0 win over Brazil. Well done ladies!

Tapped via tapatalk
At least you know for sure that your men's team would beat your women's team in a heads up match - not sure we can say the same on this side of the pond.

edit: English national team would beat women's Great Britain olympic team to clarify. I'm not smart enough to navigate your geo-political region, apparently.

Last edited:
Dolhausser and Rogers are going hard right now!

well they were...

there we go

At least you know for sure that your men's team would beat your women's team in a heads up match - not sure we can say the same on this side of the pond.

LOL, I'm not sure I'd put money on it.

So I've just been reading on twitter about NBC's coverage of the Olympics. It sounds awful, from what I can gather, a lot of the event seem to be on tape delay?
What I did read, which if true, I find disgusting, the opening ceremony was obviously tape delayed (by 6 hours on the west coast?). As a result of the tape delay, NBC were able to edit it slightly. One of the parts edited out was the tribute to the 7/7 victims. As I say, if that is true, that is unforgivable, more so, as that attrocity took place the day after London learned it had the games!!! I don't know how, but as I shall be living in the US come the next games, I need to find a way of getting BBC coverage!

Tapped via tapatalk

that's what happened indeed. Shameful!

Just saw the ad for Phelps going for gold in 2 events tonight, I am watching very little of the prime time olympics as I am watching a lot during the day.
no need to, you'll see the results if you try to wait

Phelps just proving he's leagues above Ryan Lochte. The two shouldn't even be compared yet.
indeed. Last night during one of his post-race interviews, she asked him how he expected to do, Phelps says "I'll let my swimming do the talking" - obv. a jab at Lochte's mouthing off. I thought it was funny.

Yes, NBC has been trending on all the social media sites, and not in a good way.

I certainly can't think of too many positive things I've heard about the coverage.

indeed. Last night during one of his post-race interviews, she asked him how he expected to do, Phelps says "I'll let my swimming do the talking" - obv. a jab at Lochte's mouthing off. I thought it was funny.
Fact. I was so annoyed with every media outlet everywhere suddenly turning Lochte into the golden boy just because Phelps didn't medal in a race HE DIDN'T EVEN TRAIN FOR! Lochte will never be as good as Michael Phelps. Phelps is just the perfect balance of natural talent and hard work.

Back