2012 London Olympics (Spoilers)

iPad app "NBC Olympics" pretty decent (and free) has TV time schedule with NBC network/event

Just saw Lochte's collapse on tape delay. Ugh.

It's embarrassing to be outswimmed by Frenchmen.

Kevin

Heart goes out to Wieber. Hard to see someone like that after all she's done. Stupid new rules. I think that the all-around qualification in gymnastics should be the best scores, PERIOD, not just two from each country in contention.

Heart goes out to Wieber. Hard to see someone like that after all she's done. Stupid new rules. I think that the all-around qualification in gymnastics should be the best scores, PERIOD, not just two from each country in contention.

Exactly, it really makes no sense.

I sort of agree. But I hate any sport where there's a panel of judges. Because the winner isn't definitely the best.

I made a status on FB about the Frenchie with the trampstamp, it got some great comments.

iPad app "NBC Olympics" pretty decent (and free) has TV time schedule with NBC network/event

too bad they dont show anything that has been on NBC. I didnt get to watch the beach volleyball match from last night because it was on NBC, and can't be played on the player.

I've been talking with a friend of mine that went through college in gymnastics, and about how ridiculous the rule is.

I sort of agree. But I hate any sport where there's a panel of judges. Because the winner isn't definitely the best.

It was a tough break for Wieber. She is the current world champion and won't be able to compete for Olympic all-round gold... But it happens in "judged" competition. See gymnastics, diving, figure skating, etc. While there are assigned point deductions for each little do-dad, how a judge sees and interprets is still subjective I think.

Michael Phelps just gave his team a full bodylength lead in the relay free, but Lochte and Jones let it slip in the last two legs. Silver for USA.

Serbia/Korea in women's volleyball is really not worth watching, I will check in again later to see what is happening.

so glad I sat around for 2.5 hours waiting for the mens relay only to see Locte get SMOKED in the end.

Wish NBC would give a better idea sometimes about when that stuff is going to be shown. Last time I tried to look it up online on their site, I stumbled acrosss the results first and i was PISSED

Serbia/Korea in women's volleyball is really not worth watching, I will check in again later to see what is happening.

I'm watching some tennis on Bravo right now. Roddick playing well.

Tapping from my S3

so glad I sat around for 2.5 hours waiting for the mens relay only to see Locte get SMOKED in the end.

Wish NBC would give a better idea sometimes about when that stuff is going to be shown. Last time I tried to look it up online on their site, I stumbled acrosss the results first and i was PISSED

Download the app dude.

Download the app dude.

does it give a pretty in depth schedule of whats being shown? Thought about it the other day but wasnt sure if I would accidently come across the results again or not

My favorite part is that NBC is live tweeting results but not showing the main stuff live...haha Are they kidding? This has been a cluster F of epic proportions.

My favorite part is that NBC is live tweeting results but not showing the main stuff live...haha Are they kidding? This has been a cluster F of epic proportions.
Couldn't agree with this more. NBC is a mess when the Olympics are not in north America. They want to have all these channels showing coverage but when it comes to what people want to see they think everyone needs to wait until prime time to see it. This is not 1980 and no one can find out the results beforehand and tape delay worked. NBC needs to understand the times we live in and give us everything live. ESPN is having a heyday spoiling all the results as they happen.

Sounds like the NBC coverage is diabolical. I can't believe they didn't even show the opening ceremony live. That really is p*** poor!! Thankfully, I'm getting to watch on the BBC who have added around 15 extra channels to cover more of he sports. BBC sport coverage has gotten shocking the last couple of years, but they still cover the Olympics very well. Just wish there was a little more to cheer about. #TeamGB!!!

Tapped via tapatalk

their scheduling has been pretty badly off this time too. For instance, today, NBCSN was supposed to show some of the shooting (air rifle) competition, between the end of an equestrian event, and boxing (which they have a dedicated channel for, so wtf?) - the equestrian ran long, and the went straight to boxing. I'm pretty mad about that. I like to watch the more unusual sports, and shooting is never televised...they skipped it for something they have a channel for, and on a match without an American.

Their app also sucks the big ones. Anything online has no commentary, regardless of whether you're watching a replay of something that was on TV or not, and there are a ridiculous amount of commercial breaks. They had one in the last 10 seconds of a competition I was watching yesterday.

They've managed to cover tennis all day every day on their BravoHD channel. Why can they show tennis live and nothing else?

I'm not a happy spazz :(

Back