2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides the demo day, what was everyone's favorite part of the 2011 outing?

I'm going to be honest and say that the Demo Day isn't even close to my favorite part of the outings. For me, it's valuable and has helped me find some great equipment, but in terms of enjoyment, the golf rounds and socializing with my friends just blows it away. For me, nothing beats getting my party on, then waking up, going to have breakfast and sharing some laughs from the previous night before hitting the course.

THP Dinner.....hands down. The banter at the tables alone during the raffle is priceless

I stand behind my strong statements because that is the way I feel, but as you said, there is still time for people, including Gus, to become active (or active again). I think the main difference in this situation is that Gus was active at one point and he has been to 2 outings already. My strong comments were more geared to the people I thought were signing up to get an awesome weekend of golf for cheap without the price of being active at all. I would hate to see someone who has made less than 50 posts in a year take someones spot who made the mistake of waiting too long. I did make a mistake in those comments when I said that I would not talk to anybody who I feel is taking advantage. You know me and you know that I am basically incapable of being mean. I would never shun somebody for any reasonable reason. I would hope that those people would become active after they see how awesome the members are.

I do wish Gus was more active on here and I do think he needs to be more active before going to the outing. I am saying this as a friend of his. I am sure he will be active again after his trip to Ghana.

Edit: You hit the mail on the head DawgD.

I dont disagree with you Seth. I really dont. However to some the outing is supposed to be about the THP Forum and the people that are here that get to come together and hang out once a year at an incredible venue. I enjoy Gus's company and had a blast playing with him at the last outing. I also think he has been a very valuable member to this community for some time and am certainly not singling him out, just using his case as an example. You must remember that while some people have met and spent time with Gus and consider him a friend, many going to this outing have not and dont know him outside reading his posts from the past. They are members that joined THP in 2011.

People are busy for varying reasons and everybody has the right to be active or not be active. However I dont necessarily think its fair to single out a group that are less than active if you are not also going to single out those that were once very active and now not at all. We have learned a lot about outings from each one we hold and have come to the conclusion that in the future we may look to do something as far as making sure it is for people that are active on THP. In those circumstances, both of those "types" of situations would not qualify in my opinion. Again, I am using this only as an example, but would you feel the same way if someone that was incredibly active in 2009 or 2010, that you had not met and befriended signed up for the outing and had not made a post in a year? Meaning if you take the fact that you know Gus out of the equation, do you still have the same feelings?

I want to reiterate that this is not about a single member, but using this single member only as an example based on the activity level differences.

Really it was just sitting around talking with everyone for me. I loved getting to meet new people and catch up with people that I had met at the last outing. It was amazing to me how people whom for me at the first outing I had never met or even talked to in any way other then hearing ddec talk about them could be so warm and open.
Everyone who was at the first outing will always share a special place in my heart because that was where ddec and I got engaged. All I remember was all of these people who I had only met a couple of days before coming up and hugging us like they had known us for years when we came inside after ddec proposed.

Really it was just sitting around talking with everyone for me. I loved getting to meet new people and catch up with people that I had met at the last outing. It was amazing to me how people whom for me at the first outing I had never met or even talked to in any way other then hearing ddec talk about them could be so warm and open.
Everyone who was at the first outing will always share a special place in my heart because that was where ddec and I got engaged. All I remember was all of these people who I had only met a couple of days before coming up and hugging us like they had known us for years when we came inside after ddec proposed.

I was so excited for you two! We were literally talking about when he might propose during our round and then you come in and tell us he did. That was incredible!

I'm going to be honest and say that the Demo Day isn't even close to my favorite part of the outings. For me, it's valuable and has helped me find some great equipment, but in terms of enjoyment, the golf rounds and socializing with my friends just blows it away. For me, nothing beats getting my party on, then waking up, going to have breakfast and sharing some laughs from the previous night before hitting the course.

Well said and I fully agree with Hawk here. The demo day is great, even better since it was switched to a full day last year, but the friendships made and the golf rounds shared are the best parts of the outing for me as well.

I for one am really stoked about getting to meet and hang out and have some drinks with you guys. Its going to be a blast.

I'm too predictable I guess:embarrassed:

I was so excited for you two! We were literally talking about when he might propose during our round and then you come in and tell us he did. That was incredible!

I don't know what the best part is. I really enjoyed the demo day more this year because it was an entire day. It made it a long day but it was fun. The group of THP members that I was around we took our time and hit pretty much the same stuff using 3 range spots and just alternating in. We also watched Chunkylover hit 1500 balls that day.

The dinner was once again spectacular - the conversations at the table were great. I sat with a lot of people that I had not met before so I really enjoyed getting to meet people like Dr. Teeth, Cheffor and his wife, Patty and Dennis. It was great.

Overall the best part of the weekend is just hanging out with people. Whether its at the bar or on the course.

The worst part of the outing is when someone(who shall remain nameless) drops your adult beverage.

Can't wait, it's going to be a great time. Meeting new folks, sharing and creating new stories. Laughing, drinking....gez I could go on and on. I can't remember a time I have been this excited for a golf outing. I've been on quit a few with buddies but this seems to shaping up into a special event. As Long as THP is having them I will not miss one going forward. Not trying to get all sappy here but I truely look forward to hanging and trying to at least shake hands with all the attend.

I will give a simple answer to your question JB, I think that being activity should be necessary for someone to attend the outing. There are a lot of n00bs coming to this outing and past activity holds very little value to someone who has not been around for very long.

Can't wait, it's going to be a great time. Meeting new folks, sharing and creating new stories. Laughing, drinking....gez I could go on and on. I can't remember a time I have been this excited for a golf outing. I've been on quit a few with buddies but this seems to shaping up into a special event. As Long as THP is having them I will not miss one going forward. Not trying to get all sappy here but I truely look forward to hanging and trying to at least shake hands with all the attend.

I had to miss the 2011 outing and I literally teared up because I had to back out. I had to go to the Morgan Cup just to see my friends again (thank God for a new job!).

I'm too predictable I guess:embarrassed:

I don't know what the best part is. I really enjoyed the demo day more this year because it was an entire day. It made it a long day but it was fun. The group of THP members that I was around we took our time and hit pretty much the same stuff using 3 range spots and just alternating in. We also watched Chunkylover hit 1500 balls that day.

The dinner was once again spectacular - the conversations at the table were great. I sat with a lot of people that I had not met before so I really enjoyed getting to meet people like Dr. Teeth, Cheffor and his wife, Patty and Dennis. It was great.

Overall the best part of the weekend is just hanging out with people. Whether its at the bar or on the course.

The worst part of the outing is when someone(who shall remain nameless) drops your adult beverage.

Yeah it does really suck when Yoccos does that.

Well said and I fully agree with Hawk here. The demo day is great, even better since it was switched to a full day last year, but the friendships made and the golf rounds shared are the best parts of the outing for me as well.

This for me is the best part as well.

The demo day and the golf itself are wonderful. But it is the shared experiences with THPers that make it as wonderful as it is.

If you add some alcohol to the mix then you get to laugh about getting hanks' d or ddec'd or whatever for the next couple of years...

That wasn't my fault! I swear. The waitress did something to that glass.

Yeah it does really suck when Yoccos does that.

Way to throw him under the bus:stickbeat:

My favorite part of the outing... The People. Hands down. I love being able to talk to everyone and just share some laughs. I can't wait for this one!

The demo day and the golf itself are wonderful. But it is the shared experiences with THPers that make it as wonderful as it is.

If you add some alcohol to the mix then you get to laugh about getting hanks' d or ddec'd or whatever for the next couple of years...

True dat! I think I was too well behaved last outing...need to make up for it in 2012

Better hope he doesn't go roadhouse on you!

I'm nervous now because he is my roommate at the morgan cup. He might be mad. I'll have to get him a cerveza or something.

I think the most fun for me is playing golf with different people. I'll never forget when Ole Gray and I played our first round with P4B and Hawk. It was an early round before we met everyone and it just broke the ice for me. They were so nice and made me laugh all day. Absolutely great guys! I've played with the ladies, other couples, and was in a scramble with three guys. All the rounds were just wonderful. I'm always in awe of the courses we play and just get so excited every time I ride up to a new tee box.

I also like to sneak around with my camera so watch out! I love capturing all the beauty and all the fun we have so that others can enjoy it with us.

The actual act of hitting clubs at Demo Day is a lot of fun, but well down my list of best parts of any THP Outing. To me, one of the underrated parts of Demo Day is the fact that everyone is out there together getting to socialize about the equipment, and just talking golf in general. The rounds are great, but you're only getting to know 3 other people.

For the same reason, the THP Dinner is great because you're getting to know the group at your table on a more personal level...and by that point after all day at Demo Day and what you know of them from the forum, they are not strangers at all.

To folks who haven't been before, the relationships are what you will bring home from Orlando. You all may think you're addicted to THP now, when you get back from meeting 60 other THPers, it does take on a different community feel that really differentiates THP from other golf sites.

Not sure what's my favorite part, but playing the rounds of golf is definitely up there. The informal team scramble round this year was a highlight, which leads me to believe that I'm going to love the new competition angle at the 2012 outing. Really looking forward to hearing about the format and what the teams will look like.

True dat! I think I was too well behaved last outing...need to make up for it in 2012

Me too. I didn't drink nearly enough sweet tea to get me in any trouble. I stayed up late, but I didn't get too boozed up.

I think the villa crawl may lead to bad things...he he.

I'm nervous now because he is my roommate at the morgan cup. He might be mad. I'll have to get him a cerveza or something.

That is funny. Better stock the bar with a case of something. You dont want to mess with Yoccos...

Hearing you guys talk about past outings is making me really excited. I cannot wait for the outing. I'm really looking forward to putting a face with the name.

My favorite part of the outings is simply hanging out. It is a weekend dedicated to hanging out and that is awesome. Everything is centered around being fellow THP'ers which makes everything more fun.

My favorite part of the outings is simply hanging out. It is a weekend dedicated to hanging out and that is awesome. Everything is centered around being fellow THP'ers which makes everything more fun.

your right. It's amazing isn't it? You walk in there not knowing everyone and you walk out feeling as if you just picked up 50 friends that you can't wait to see again.

your right. It's amazing isn't it? You walk in there not knowing everyone and you walk out feeling as if you just picked up 50 friends that you can't wait to see again.

You are completely right ddec. There are a lot of bromances that come out of these outings haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back