2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be sweeet!

You making me rethink my whole "I want THP to last forever" thing. JB, can we shut her down?

Then your in it for the wrong reasons lol. Hawk I'm buying you a drink Thursday night before the demo day :)

MattyCaulk Approved!

Then your in it for the wrong reasons lol. Hawk I'm buying you a drink Thursday night before the demo day :)

MattyCaulk Approved!

I appreciate the offer, but don't drink RoofieColadas dude.

Flooriecoladas are my specialty, last drink you will remember

MattyCaulk Approved!

I think cookie likes those.

Haha, that's not the only thing he likes , captain and destroy team THP, on the rocks

MattyCaulk Approved!

MattyCaulk Approved!

I hope you're bringing your ulta black diamond suade American Express with the secret no limit if you are buying Hawk drinks....

I think we have a clinger...hehe

Haha, that's not the only thing he likes , captain and destroy team THP, on the rocks

MattyCaulk Approved!

He's here all week, dont forget to tip your waiters and waitresses.

For those that have never played golf in the great state of Flo-Rida it will be heavy with warmth and moisture when you wake from the Villa crawl. Early morning in central florida with a cup of java, watching the dew burn off from the ever raising heat, is great. The fairways are tight and the rough is thick and damp until about 10am. The greens will be firm and roll as true as a marble on the hood of a Lexus (remember those commercials) Oh yeah, the grain of the greens will be in play. I'm actually going to post a little video on reading the grain in the coming days. Just a little trick I use but it will help you when you reach the greens. It will quell some of your frustrations as it pertains to the greens. Low to mid ball flights will get some good roll, higher balls flights not so much. all that I am sharing is based on my 10 plus years in Orlando. Others may or may not agree, just a little food for thought.

Don't forget gators, snakes, lizards, squirrels, mosquitos, and the worst of them all...gnats. You northerners better prepare for a gnat to fly in your ear or nose just when you start your backswing.

I think we have a clinger...hehe

He's here all week, dont forget to tip your waiters and waitresses.

Thanks for the shout out :)

MattyCaulk Approved!

Don't forget gators, snakes, lizards, squirrels, mosquitos, and the worst of them all...gnats. You northerners better prepare for a gnat to fly in your ear or nose just when you start your backswing.

We have massive gnats, especially at our wooded courses. They are so annoying always flying up your nose

MattyCaulk Approved!

I think cookie likes those.

Thanks for thinking of me, but I am more of a vodka guy myself. Despise 95% of the beer that is made and that fllorcolada whatever it is.

For outing related purposes, I am looking forward to the next announcement and then kicking some THP Team behind. That is all.

where has my outing rival been hiding...down to a 15.1 come and get you some!!!

My favorite part of this outing in particular is going to be the first tee on the North course. I will call it Nube hunting. When the nerves set in and you realize you dont want to go left because that is your villa and you dont want to mess up your blouse that was neatly folded, you aim down the middle. Then the whole "I dont want to be an internet golfer" hits you even harder than the humidity does and you peel one off to the right past those fairway bunkers that line the entire fairway on the right side.

See that is where the Nube hunting comes in. Because that is the driving range. And the hunting part is you picking up a hundred balls seeing which one is yours, while the golfers on the range are hitting as they go caulk hunting.

First tee of THP Outing competition golf. First time swinging in front of all your forum mates. The desire to hit it straight. Bang, "Sir, we are going to give you another, because that one was just plain awful".

Thanks for thinking of me, but I am more of a vodka guy myself. Despise 95% of the beer that is made and that fllorcolada whatever it is.

For outing related purposes, I am looking forward to the next announcement and then kicking some THP Team behind. That is all.

That ladies top is going to be perfect for you.

I'm going to work on the driver swing tonight and some putting. Every stroke I take off my average score will be another attendee crushed.

My favorite part of this outing in particular is going to be the first tee on the North course. I will call it Nube hunting. When the nerves set in and you realize you dont want to go left because that is your villa and you dont want to mess up your blouse that was neatly folded, you aim down the middle. Then the whole "I dont want to be an internet golfer" hits you even harder than the humidity does and you peel one off to the right past those fairway bunkers that line the entire fairway on the right side.

See that is where the Nube hunting comes in. Because that is the driving range. And the hunting part is you picking up a hundred balls seeing which one is yours, while the golfers on the range are hitting as they go caulk hunting.

First tee of THP Outing competition golf. First time swinging in front of all your forum mates. The desire to hit it straight. Bang, "Sir, we are going to give you another, because that one was just plain awful".

oh its gonna be real bad for me. Sometimes Im good on the first tee in front of people, sometimes im REAL BAD.

First time we had the Ohio get together, I was last to hit in the first group, got this great idea to hit iron off of the tee.....dribbled it up to the next tee box

I'll just tee off with my mashie, it might only go 210 but I'm deadly straight with it. Better then getting plunked from range balls :)

MattyCaulk Approved!

Matty has a plan for that. Whiff on the first two swings and run away crying like a mcook while we have tears in our eyes from laughing so hard.

JB is right on with this description of your first tee ball in front of your fellow THPers for the first time. Can still see the wormburner I hit on the first swing at the 2009 outing at The Champions course rolling left into the hazard (Think there are even pictures of it on thread somewhere...Oh the infamy of it all...)

Matty has a plan for that. Whiff on the first two swings and run away crying like a mcook while we have tears in our eyes from laughing so hard.

Since our index is almost the same, you must have expirience in whiffing

MattyCaulk Approved!

JB is right on with this description of your first tee ball in front of your fellow THPers for the first time. Can still see the wormburner I hit on the first swing at the 2009 outing at The Champions course rolling left into the hazard (Think there are even pictures of it on thread somewhere...Oh the infamy of it all...)

LOL - yep and I can still remember all those words that came out of your mouth. I knew we would be buddies after that shot. :D

That makes no sense at all.

Just know I'm coming for you, so get off THP and hit the range

MattyCaulk Approved!

Reading greens don't matter when you putt like an ape. I think people read too much when in Florida.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

What in the hell?!! Team NC!!:surrender:

Man, it has been a rough 2 days for this tech guy. Thinking about the outing really makes the days better. I can't wait to see everybody again and I can't wait to put a face and real name with the user name. I have been working on the short game lately and my Bermuda rough is identical to that of Florida. I will be ready. Nerfy and Dean will be married. I hope you don't expect to be let back in the room at 3:30 again man, but you can feel free to sleep on the couch in my villa if you get kicked out bro. Marriage is serious like forged blades.

Oh yeah, Nerfy and ddec's marriage is
OutingApproved2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back