2012 US Open Contest & Official Thread [Spoilers]

Again, the 16th being the 4th toughest is ridiculous to me. That hole could provide so much more drama and instead it's not. They got that hole completely wrong IMO.

I don't know if it came to pass, but I think I heard Mike Davis on Friday say that while the tees on 16 would be all the way back yesterday, they would be up today.

I don't know if it came to pass, but I think I heard Mike Davis on Friday say that while the tees on 16 would be all the way back yesterday, they would be up today.

I'm sure the pin will be in a spot where everything falls away from it then.

I think they moved the tee box up today on 16

Yep, the grounds guy just mentioned 16 tee box was moved up again today.

I'm sure the pin will be in a spot where everything falls away from it then.

According to the pin sheet Golf Digest just posted, 8 on, 3 from the left

Either way. Miss that fairway and I've seen guys with 200+ for their 3rd shot. That's just ridiculous.

I'm seriously annoyed that there's zero coverage until 4.

I was just thinking about it, and I'm not sure Tigger has any chance of winning this thing. I think he'd have to shoot 66 or better to win. And that course won't yield that sort of score today.

I was just thinking about it, and I'm not sure Tigger has any chance of winning this thing. I think he'd have to shoot 66 or better to win. And that course won't yield that sort of score today.

Only chance he has is if +2 wins this tournament.

Either way. Miss that fairway and I've seen guys with 200+ for their 3rd shot. That's just ridiculous.

I'm seriously annoyed that there's zero coverage until 4.
Me too dude, and even then who knows if golf will actually be shown lol.

I love that GC brought in Tiger's homeboy Notah today. Anything to try and help. lol

16 is only 575 yards today. There you go folks.

16 is playing 575 according to Golf Channel...two possibly reachable par 5s could make the last few holes interesting

I did enjoy colin montgomerie on the golf channel last night. I thought he was solid.

16 is playing 575 according to Golf Channel...two possibly reachable par 5s could make the last few holes interesting
That is 1 yard shorter than my home courses hole 13, im guessing we will see somebody on in 2 today on 16 for sure then. Cant wait for this to get going, ready to watch some golf.

I love that GC brought in Tiger's homeboy Notah today. Anything to try and help. lol

Begay signed on with Golf Channel last year to assist in certain events.

Begay signed on with Golf Channel last year to assist in certain events.

I thought so, it was just funny when I flipped over they were asking him about Tiger. Almost like an insider of sorts.

A question I've been pondering...

If you were Hossler, at what level of winnings in this tournament would you forgo your senior year of high school and college?

If you were Hossler, at what level of winnings in this tournament would you forgo your senior year of high school and college?

Nothing short of a win. The exemption would be the most important part, not really the money.

I would love to watch some Phil golf today but I'm not going to hold my breathe.

Is there a time limit on how much golf (actual shots) they can broadcast? That's the only logical reason I see that can explain why they showed so little actual golf yesterday at the beginning.

This has been discussed already. However I say no amount of winnings. He should finish school then turn pro.

He's got plenty of time to keep getting better before he turns pro. I'd finish high school regardless. Probably go to college too but play in the PGA events I could.

I hope to see Tiger come out on fire, if not I'd love to see Els in the mix. My real pick right now would be Hossler with the win, I wanna see his mom jump up and down and get the baywatch moment on dvr.

I wouldn't count him out.

Nothing short of a win. The exemption would be the most important part, not really the money.
I agree that the exemption would be the most enticing part.

This has been discussed already. However I say no amount of winnings. He should finish school then turn pro.

He's got plenty of time to keep getting better before he turns pro. I'd finish high school regardless. Probably go to college too but play in the PGA events I could.

I disagree. I think if he won now would be the time. 5 year exemption opens huge doors for sponsors, etc. Plus all the money and benefits you get from winning aside from just the purse. If he won I think he would turn pro.

Back