2013 THP Invitational Series #1 - Texas - Sponsored By Callaway Golf

How is the golf course built. Does the wind blow into and down or across the holes.

How is the golf course built. Does the wind blow into and down or across the holes.

Every way imaginable. For Texas, this course has some nice undulation hole to hole. Lots of trees, rarely see another hole while playing - nice layout.

According to the last hole by hole recap, it seemed like every hole played into the wind. Especially 8.

According to the last hole by hole recap, it seemed like every hole played into the wind. Especially 8.

I think some of them had double wind.

20mph is nothing compared to what we played in on Sunday. It'll seem like a slight breeZe.

I amazed at how fast this event crept up on us. It seems like we signed up. Can't wait to see all you THPrs.

Exactly!! We'll be ok though, winds should be relatively manageable though. Hopefully!! Either way though.... It beats snow.

20mph is nothing compared to what we played in on Sunday. It'll seem like a slight breeZe.

I amazed at how fast this event crept up on us. It seems like we signed up. Can't wait to see all you THPrs.

Not so quick. 15-20 steady means lots of gusts to 30-35.

But us Texans just exaggerate apparently.....

I am glad everyone plays in decent winds all the time, the course will be a breeze for all of you!

I am glad everyone plays in decent winds all the time, the course will be a breeze for all of you!

Cookie, we love you. Just getting some ribbing in early.

Cookie, we love you. Just getting some ribbing in early.

All good, lets see who's laughing Saturday post round if the forecast holds true! :D

Just finished a lesson at GolfTec....all you guys not named Jake are in trouble!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So is it safe to assume that Friday night in the motel 6 parking lot might be a wild time?

So is it safe to assume that Friday night in the motel 6 parking lot might be a wild time?

That's what it's sounding like!

Another day closer, Friday can't get here quick enough!!

Signs8Ball.jpg

I'll hopefully be able to drop by to say hi... Work is a maybe and transport, as always, is a challenge, but I'm workin' on it.

Whatever... Y'all have a real good time!

I'll hopefully be able to drop by to say hi... Work is a maybe and transport, as always, is a challenge, but I'm workin' on it.

Hope to finally meet you!

That would be great! We need someone to keep us all in check :D

Sorry to doubt the good ole Texas winds, this will be one of the toughest rounds I have ever played.

All good, lets see who's laughing Saturday post round if the forecast holds true! :D

Didn't know the wind comments would hit such a big nerve. Note to self, never joke about Texas winds

I'll still joke about them. I think it's all in good fun.

We Texans are natural meteorologists! :alien:

But that is a lot of wind you will be playing with. Will be tough with the hard flat fairways of Texas.

Back