2015 The King Is Coming - Featuring Callaway XR Drivers

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Last year one epic battle fit for royalty made for an incredible THP Event. #TheKing featuring THP & Callaway Golf is back and better than ever. Harry Arnett is the defending Champion and with his group of THPers defeated HashtagChad's team to wear the crown proudly. This year Hashtag is ready...

The Battle of Kings
The buildup has been epic, but the journey is about to begin again. Two men are going to square off in a battle that is fit for royalty. On one side we have HashtagChad and on the other we have Harry Arnett. Both men are proud, both men want to be victorious and both men want THPers to come along for the ride. With the crown on the line, we will find out who really is #TheKing.

Team Event
Team Captains - Harry Arnett and Chad Coleman
2 members of the Zoo Crew on each side
6 members of THP on each side
Each team will be ready for battle

La Costa
May 1st-3rd, 2015

THP Major Series
#TheKing is the first stop of the 2015 THP Major Series. For more information on this and how it means you could get an automatic spot in the #TheGrandaddy of Em All, click here for details.

MajorSeries-L.jpg

Itinerary
Friday Evening Meet & Greet w/ Your Captain
Friday Night - Matchup Party
Saturday Morning - Round of Golf
Saturday Evening - Dinner at Ignite Bistro at 7:30pm. We have a buffet planned.
Saturday Night - Matchups Put Together
Sunday Morning - Round of Golf
Sunday Post Golf - Champions Celebration

Accommodations
This will be a stay and play event with rooms provided for participants.

Equipment Tie In
Just like any battle, each team will be equipped with certain weapons of mass destruction (or distance in this case). Each participant in #TheKing will receive a new Callaway XR Driver. THe drivers will be provided to the players prior to the event so that they can test them out and review them for the forum.

Social Media
This event will have a social media tie in leading up to it as well as getting selected. As you have seen over the past few weeks since the teasers began, the two captains are ready to engage and love the support. Each will have their own hashtag for certain parts of it. #ImWithHarry or #ImWithChad can both be used to show which one you are supporting. Prepare for a ride of a lifetime as the build up for this event takes to THP & social media.

Cost
The cost for the event is $499 and covers these things.
2 Rounds of golf on two different courses.
2 nights of hotel accommodations at a beautiful resort.
Saturday night's food and festivities.
And a whole lot more (Including an incredible Callaway Driver).
2015 Albatross Club Membership is required for all THP events.

Getting In
Getting to be a part of the #King is going to be through THP contests.
Each contest will involve THP and Callaway Golf.

There is still a lot more to come on this royal event. We will use this thread for continued announcements as they are made and a place for people to discuss #TheKing. You must be a 2015 Albatross Club Member to signup for this event. If you are not, and want information on how to join and help support the amazing Folds of Honor, click here.

Teams
Team Harry
dhartmann34
ASN21
C-Mac13
vFlashv
Fupresti
Nebgolfer

Team Hashtag
kc720
schanker
Puttin4Bird
bigskyirish
sandiegonative
time4tim

Last edited:
Alas, I'll be in South Carolina for #TheKing! Would have loved to have a shot at helping Harry keep the crown!

Here we go! #ImWithHarry

Holy crap, gonna be even more amazing than ever! As usual... #imwithchad. XR drivers for everyone? Bombs will be hit all weekend!

Video isnt working for me at work, will check it out later.

While this one isnt in the cards for me, Im looking forward to following along during the contests and continuing to support the winners #TeamHarry

and really jealous of the folks getting to play at these courses thats for sure

Sounds like a truly amazing event. The dates will keep me from trying to participate, which is unfortunate.

#StillwithHarry

Awesome stuff! I loved following along with #TheKing last year, and can't wait to see what this year brings.
#ImWithHarry

Between this event and the Kentucky Invitational coming up so fast...its time to head to the range right now. Making a tee time at the simulator this weekend!

Wow sounds like an amazing time. I know the guys truly enjoyed the competition and event last year. This one will definitely be another high contested event.

Liking it. #StillWithHarry too.

Cant wait for this one. I hope to be a Benedict Arnold this year and help chad win the crown :p

La Costa will be an incredible venue for this years event! Beautiful property.

Chad does have the sock game on point, let's see if he has what it takes to take the throne from Harry.

dont forget this caveat #MajorSeries

The Grandaddy Tie In
What can we say, #TheGrandaddy is the greatest of all time and we know that it is the major of the majors. This year, the entire #MajorSeries will have a unique feel that is very special, but there is one more special part of the other two majors. The MVP of the Gauntlet and the MVP of the King each get an automatic bid to be a part of Team THP in the Grandaddy of em all. The MVPs are not just about the golfer, but the people who make up the golfer. With each of these events being handicapped, low score does not win MVP.

OMG my birthday at La Costa??? YES PLEASE! Oh and #ImWithChad because #redemption and #thosesocks.

I've been waiting for this announcement. Calendar is clear. Already starting the creative juices. Let the contests begin!

#ImStillWithHarry

Oh Captain my captain! I know # is going to back up the talk this year. I've got revenge on my mind!

OH man, and it begins. Been waiting for this one for a while. Definitely going to be giving it my all to get into this event. This event will be the start of the year of #Redemption. First will be helping #imwithchad get the Crown at #theking then doing my all to try and help THP get the W at #thegrandaddy!.

time to put the tennis racquet away & dust off the clubs #IAMWITHCHAD

Sounds like an amazing event! Let the fun begin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#ImWithHarry 4 Life!!!

Holy cow, this event is epic for sure, well done. Can't wait to throw my hat in the ring!

This event will be a freaking blast if it's anything like the first King.
#ImWithHarry
#TwoTime

Love seeing this one coming back this year. Don't see how team hair has a chance, but you never know... #ImWithHary

Can't wait! I like the under dog, so #I'mwithChad!

Okay Okay Okay.... Baby is due end of June, this is begging of May, that means I'm going to try to get into this one hardcore! Man, I've been eyeing that XR driver too, no demo's yet at my local store.

Step 1. Ask my wife
Step 2. Get in
Step 3. Win The King Event
Step 4. Become MVP of The King for auto bid into the Grandaddy
Step 5. Have my first baby (expecting a boy!)
Step 6. Win the Grandaddy and become an internet golfer sensation!

Back