EXPERIENCE 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

Alright changing my question to make it more on point for the thread. Seeing as how we will possibly be playing some of our own clubs, what is one club or set (irons or wedge sets can count for the answer) that you hope will be available to you in your actual fitted configuration?

For me it's going to be the driver. If I have confidence with that club I'm going to be trouble out there!
A driver that I am confident with. Second would be a 58 degree wedge that works for me as I use it heavily in my short game

Alright changing my question to make it more on point for the thread. Seeing as how we will possibly be playing some of our own clubs, what is one club or set (irons or wedge sets can count for the answer) that you hope will be available to you in your actual fitted configuration?

For me it's going to be the driver. If I have confidence with that club I'm going to be trouble out there!
1. Driver 2. Irons 3. Putter

Has anyone started packing?! Make sure you triple-check you have everything, and enough room for Callaway SWAG and Hideaway goodness
Every night that I can’t sleep leads to me rechecking my suitcase and finding ways to consolidate as much as possible so I have plenty of room!

Having your current clubs during the fitting could be extremely beneficial

Anyone going to try the Phil driver setup with lower loft and extra length?

I’ve got the hand eye coordination of a newborn calf, and a lower AoA so I’m out on that end. But am curious what the others may try.

Having your current clubs during the fitting could be extremely beneficial
I was telling the guys the very same thing!

My flight is currently on time. And not for another 5 days.

My flight is currently on time. And not for another 5 days.
And the tracking has begun. I remember doing that only because I hadn't flown in over 20 years and was kinda nervous about getting thru the airports and connecting flights.

Please don't snow and cancel my flight. Please don't snow and cancel my flight.

It snowed. :mad:

My flight got delayed.

I've never ran so fast across an airport to make my connecting flight! I just barely made it but by God I made it!
Look at this. Kev prayed that it wouldn’t snow…where he was.
It’s like praying for water to not be wet.

Last edited:

I don't have the swing for that. I would be more likely to do a second shorter driver as I rarely hit a 3 wood off the fairway. Might be nice to have a safe second option for when driver isn't behaving.

I don't have the swing for that. I would be more likely to do a second shorter driver as I rarely hit a 3 wood off the fairway. Might be nice to have a safe second option for when driver isn't behaving.
Has anyone ever been fitted for/given 2 drivers during a Grandaddy. I'm not remembering anyone, but may be wrong. lol:unsure:

Sounds like fun but distance isn’t the biggest concern for me. I’m more likely to go with the Brooks Koepka setup with a heavier shaft at 44.5” than I would to go longer than 45.5”

Lol you’re making me rethink my precious answer from 10 seconds ago! Maybe I go with a 46” 7.5° bomber and a 13.5° 3wood for finding fairways off the tee 🤣 thanks Shaun for adding infinite more thoughts to my already cluttered brain!!

Lol you’re making me rethink my precious answer from 10 seconds ago! Maybe I go with a 46” 7.5° bomber and a 13.5° 3wood for finding fairways off the tee 🤣 thanks Shaun for adding infinite more thoughts to my already cluttered brain!!

Has anyone ever been fitted for/given 2 drivers during a Grandaddy. I'm not remembering anyone, but may be wrong. lol:unsure:
I can't recall anyone either. But who knows.. I can't remember if anyone played the Bertha Mini 1.5 driver when it came out if that counts. I wouldn't mind seeing a refresh of that!

I don't think so, but doesn't mean it cannot happen.

the best thing you all can do is just be open and honest with you fitter. These guys have fit everyone from touring pros to 30 handicaps. They want to get you into stuff that works, but you have to provide your input as well.

If you are considering a 2 driver setup just share that with them, and they may have thoughts on it.

I don't think so, but doesn't mean it cannot happen.

the best thing you all can do is just be open and honest with you fitter. These guys have fit everyone from touring pros to 30 handicaps. They want to get you into stuff that works, but you have to provide your input as well.

If you are considering a 2 driver setup just share that with them, and they may have thoughts on it.
This guy is so right!!!!!

Back