2022 Callaway Rogue ST Driver Lineup

I thought that my shootout between the Cobra LTDx and the Rogue was not going to be very close after initial impressions. I had an extremely good TrackMan session with the Cobra and the Rogue was so-so. Well, the ballgame is far from over. Round 2 goes to the Rogue.

Today, I was able to get outside on a range. It was quite breezy. The temperature when I arrived was 49*, so my body definitely was not as loose and free as indoors on a TrackMan, but today was real life conditions, which is very important.

First, in my mind, the ballgame is over with respect to sound/feel. The Rogue wins outside. It is such a satisfying driver to hit. I am not knocking the Cobra, but the Rogue is better, at least to my ears.

As far as performance, I had no way to measure numbers. Today, I put the Rogue into the draw setting and it has transformed the club for me, at least in today’s session. I did not hit one high, right fade with it. I pushed some shots, but they were straight pushes, never trailing off. With the Cobra, I hit some high push fades, the shot I truly hate. I also liked the ball flight a bit better with the Rogue. It launched very well, but seemed to flatten more at the apex. I could not tell which balls were flying further, but just based on ball flight, I would have chosen the Rogue to take out on the course. Finally, I was able to turn over the Rogue with a very slight draw with relative ease. Today, the Cobra wanted to go straight or a bit right, which is not my preferred ball flight.

I will also add that even though this is the Triple Diamond head, the head is very forgiving across the face. Based on today’s session, I am not feeling in any way that this head is giving me knuckle balls that fall out of the sky.

I don’t think that I am going to be able to declare a winner until I can get each of them out for a few rounds, but If I were headed out today for a round, I would choose the Rogue. Finally, below are some photos showing the relative strike patterns on each face.

View attachment 9067404View attachment 9067405

Good stuff, sir. How would you compare the flight of th TR in the TD head to the ADHD? Any thought of putting the ADHD in this full time or is the TR the way?

Last edited:
Goos stuff, sir. How would you compare the flight of th TR in the TD head to the ADHD? Any thought of putting the ADHD in this full time or is the TR the way?
I mentioned earlier in this thread, after the first session didn’t blow me away, that I was going to switch out the Ventus TR for the Graphite Design Tour AD HD. I even did switch the shafts, but last night, I had a little epiphany to first try the Ventus TR in the draw setting, which I did today. If today was not an anomaly, it is going to be hard not to just go with this setup. I really liked what I was seeing.

Oh hello…
5679B45C-BAE1-4EC8-89A4-D9E0779EFB85.jpeg53521B2E-26AF-4976-9481-09EB9FB03098.jpeg
now to choose headcovers…
A.
3CA8827D-3F3E-4588-B451-C0EF229239CC.jpeg
B.
71C084AB-B996-4087-841C-9D42FD8D1284.jpeg
or C.
8452233D-C84D-4A4D-B6FD-70F6EFC9C0A6.jpeg

Exactly. I love it because it reminds me of drivers gone by that I have found memories off. Not that the bigger 460 heads don't look good, but there's something nostalgic about that more compact pear shaped look.

And then you hit it and it blasts the ball 60 yards farther than the old nostalgic drivers. :)

I don't believe it looks pear shaped at all. I love pear shaped drivers and prefer them. I started golfing around the days of the 975D which is the ultimate pear shape. The Sim / Stealth Plus are pear shaped. This definitely has a more pointed back of the head. I had seen pictures and maybe because of angles it didn't look that way.

I mentioned earlier in this thread, after the first session didn’t blow me away, that I was going to switch out the Ventus TR for the Graphite Design Tour AD HD. I even did switch the shafts, but last night, I had a little epiphany to first try the Ventus TR in the draw setting, which I did today. If today was not an anomaly, it is going to be hard not to just go with this setup. I really liked what I was seeing.

Got it. Yes, I read your earlier post a few days back. I thought maybe you already had the HD run. Sounds like the TR combo is pretty sweet! Enjoy bro.

My triple diamond arrived and right off the bat really disappointed in the head shaping. So ugly with the triangle shaping of the back of the head. This thing better be a big performer.

Just think of it as diamond shaped. Maybe it’ll make sense that way….
In all seriousness, I’ve yet to hear or read a bad review of the 💎💎💎 performance. Hoping you can see past the looks dept and if not, you should have zero problem trading it.

A couple of pics comparing the Triple Diamond LS and the TSi3 heads:

FB49445B-020C-441A-A40F-21E2818DBC49.jpeg1C9BB9F0-3C45-4357-8A25-5CD2A801F433.jpeg

Titleist sure got the shape the the tsi3 right. Wish the tsi4 was the same shape
A lot of similarities in these two heads shape wise, at least to my eyes. The Rogue is deeper in the face and ever so slightly more rounded around the heel. I agree that something just seems slightly off with the TSi4. To me the Rogue Triple Diamond LS is what the TSi4 would aspire to be.

I am incredibly pleased I stayed LS. It offers everything.

Finally got to put some full swings with the Max LS last night and I'm still trying to decide whether the fuji ventus blue or the ust the attas shaft is better for me. In either case, i used most of the face yet the ball was flying well. I need to get my rapsodo out to get numbers next time!

there's a fitting this weekend...i am supposed to be there. :sneaky:

I am incredibly pleased I stayed LS. It offers everything.
It’s always nice when we make the correct decision. For me, it is not so easy to know until I have had a few rounds out on a course. You seem about as enthused for this offering as any I have seen recently. That is really cool stuff!

It’s always nice when we make the correct decision. For me, it is not so easy to know until I have had a few rounds out on a course. You seem about as enthused for this offering as any I have seen recently. That is really cool stuff!
This is what I've wanted to see out of a Callaway driver for 2-3 cycles now. Best yet, it DESTROYS that connotation of Rogue being an "off year" release.

Oh, hello!! Rogue St Max LS w/Tensei AV white next to my gamer Epic Max Ls. It’s raining today of course 😭😭 or I’d be out there testing. This driver passes all eye and waggle tests. Shaping is incredible.

I ordered it with the new AV white and it looks so much like the 1K I have in the Epic Max. I doubt it will beat out the 1K but thought it was worth a shot.

Attachments

• EC866C8F-03D2-4624-9D77-576549C8B6FF.jpeg
    EC866C8F-03D2-4624-9D77-576549C8B6FF.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 6257B224-A631-4629-A8BD-D1919B74B263.jpeg
    6257B224-A631-4629-A8BD-D1919B74B263.jpeg
    189.5 KB · Views: 30
  • CEE45471-2327-4595-AF1E-9D4709D8DB14.jpeg
    CEE45471-2327-4595-AF1E-9D4709D8DB14.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 30001D1B-F1E3-472E-B165-1DD148ABE930.jpeg
    30001D1B-F1E3-472E-B165-1DD148ABE930.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 26
Btw CS knocked it out of the park. I ordered via Callaway online a week 1/2 ago. When I called the other day they said it was set to ship NEXT Mon. Here we are on Wed, with driver in hand.
Pretty spiffy. 👏🏼👏🏼

Btw CS knocked it out of the park. I ordered via Callaway online a week 1/2 ago. When I called the other day they said it was set to ship NEXT Mon. Here we are on Wed, with driver in hand.
Pretty spiffy. 👏🏼👏🏼
That is a big win! Looking forward to your thoughts when the time comes!

Today i have my first session with the MAX LS with Tensei blue.
The spin was to high so i gonna change the shaft to hzrdus black and the tensei white.

The blue was also 1" shorter then standard.

This could quite possibly be the first time in close to 10 years that I won’t have Titleist woods in the bag.

After listening to Off Course today, I realize I need to work out a Kinetixx in this ASAP.

After listening to Off Course today, I realize I need to work out a Kinetixx in this ASAP.

I am actually shocked you had not dropped on in there yet! Such a great set up I won’t be changing Mine for anything.

I am actually shocked you had not dropped on in there yet! Such a great set up I won’t be changing Mine for anything.
Its still got a Cobra adapter on it and will be worked out in that head. But, that just means I need one for a Cally adapter? Or at least thats how I am working it out in my head hahaha

Its still got a Cobra adapter on it and will be worked out in that head. But, that just means I need one for a Cally adapter? Or at least thats how I am working it out in my head hahaha

Seems logical to me!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing when I almost impulse bought an LTDx the other day... Really just waiting to hit that before I pull the trigger here. Numbers are pretty close, but I'm betting they'll be better with the ST Max outdoors.

Back