2022 Callaway Rogue ST is on USGA!

Is this going to be the year where I say "my bag is good, don't need anything" and actually mean it? Prob not, but going to give it a run again for the 10th consecutive year.

Can’t wait to hear about the 💎💎💎 s model. Looks to be a smaller head and possibly something that is shaped like the 816 dbd. Plus being a matte finish is going to make it hard for me not to purchase
I want a peak at that one too. I didn't like the Epic Speed 3💎. Just didn't work for me. Sadly. Still want to try this one though. The LS 3💎 looks good over the ball. Better than I expected. I like the matte and that it's not overly triangular.

I can’t wait to hear the tech story behind the Rogue ST. The Max has my attention if it is designed similar to Epic Speed.

Be interesting to see some videos coming out in then next few days.

Would also like to see who puts what into play out in Maui.

i'm pretty excited to read what the 2021 grandaddy guys got fit into. why they went the direction they did. how the clubs suit their particular deliveries.

So the rogue is making a comeback!

Definitely interesting that they are bringing the Rogue name back but what looks like to be their low to high handicap players , in what appears to be the MAIN line, looking for latest and greatest vs. what Rogue was before. Rogue was kind of their more beginner/budget market before I feel like?

Definitely interesting that they are bringing the Rogue name back but what looks like to be their low to high handicap players , in what appears to be the MAIN line, looking for latest and greatest vs. what Rogue was before. Rogue was kind of their more beginner/budget market before I feel like?

not the woods

Can’t wait to hear about the 💎💎💎 s model. Looks to be a smaller head and possibly something that is shaped like the 816 dbd. Plus being a matte finish is going to make it hard for me not to purchase
I think I might need to dip a toe in the Triple Diamond waters and see what's up. It seems that guys with similar issues to me (left misses) have great succes with the TD models.

not the woods
I can't remember. I thought the Rogue line came out the same year as the Epic Flash and wasn't the Epic Flash the Epic of today and the Rogue was more the Big Bertha of today?

I can't remember. I thought the Rogue line came out the same year as the Epic Flash and wasn't the Epic Flash the Epic of today and the Rogue was more the Big Bertha of today?

rogue was year before epic flash iirc

rogue was year before epic flash iirc
That makes way more sense then, thanks for clearing that up. Still curious what the marketing minds thought was in bringing back the Rogue name. I like it personally, I'm down for the Rogue name, so cool to see it make a comeback.

The fairways look awesome. 16.5 will be a hard ponder.

In a game of ounces I sure it is meaningful to the designers. But to me, I want adjustable.
Oh yeah, to the designer I'm sure that handful of grams is quite meaningful. And to the sales people that get in our pocket more often with non-adjustable clubs (more bad fits, no longer a good fit at certain times, can't swap shafts easily, etc) I'm sure it has great value.

If you ask the people that custom fit you into them with adjustable sleeves, and then build you the non-adjustable version if that handful of grams is going to really alter your outcomes, you get a very different perspective on its value.

For me the value is in being able to adjust a clubs loft/lie/etc to conditions, swing changes, and whatnot without having to shell out all over again for it. And I mostly do my own builds. For someone who hits it ten times off a mat, puts in an order, and is just stuck with it... I can't even imagine. If they suddenly said they were making irons non-adjustable to move a few grams for our 'benefit', there would be riots.

All that said, Callaway makes the best FW heads out there in my opinion. I waited for a used one last time though, and if a stock UW didn't fit me really well, I probably wouldn't own one of them either. And I love that thing.

Oh yeah, to the designer I'm sure that handful of grams is quite meaningful. And to the sales people that get in our pocket more often with non-adjustable clubs (more bad fits, no longer a good fit at certain times, can't swap shafts easily, etc) I'm sure it has great value.

If you ask the people that custom fit you into them with adjustable sleeves, and then build you the non-adjustable version if that handful of grams is going to really alter your outcomes, you get a very different perspective on its value.

For me the value is in being able to adjust a clubs loft/lie/etc to conditions, swing changes, and whatnot without having to shell out all over again for it. And I mostly do my own builds. For someone who hits it ten times off a mat, puts in an order, and is just stuck with it... I can't even imagine. If they suddenly said they were making irons non-adjustable to move a few grams for our 'benefit', there would be riots.
Seems odd to say a handful of grams is not all that important, when the entire forum talks about a handful of grams impacting shaft performance to a degree that is mind blowing.

Seems odd to say a handful of grams is not all that important, when the entire forum talks about a handful of grams impacting shaft performance to a degree that is mind blowing.
You mean head weight affecting shaft performance or shaft weight? Because they still make the total weights about the same, just without adjustability.

I'm just trying to figure out where you're going with this because we're taking about heads. They're always saying how saving that little bit of weight in the adapter let's them make the heads so much better.

Last edited:
I don’t claim to know better than the designers. But i know it’s nice I have the fine tuning ability of an adjustable hosel.

I think I would be willing to trade the grams for adjustment. Part of me thinks there is a units sold difference as well. But I don’t know that.

I don’t claim to know better than the designers. But i know it’s nice I have the fine tuning ability of an adjustable hosel.

I think I would be willing to trade the grams for adjustment. Part of me thinks there is a units sold difference as well. But I don’t know that.

I like adjustability partially for the ability to fine tune and part for the ease of changing shafts.

It’s harder to find the right fit when you can’t try different shafts.

Can't wait to hear more about these!

I like adjustability partially for the ability to fine tune and part for the ease of changing shafts.

It’s harder to find the right fit when you can’t try different shafts.

for sure the ability to swap shafts quickly is awesome.

Back