2022 XXIO Golf Club

A friend wants me to hit his Miura PI 401s before I commit. I loved my black straight necks 9003 Miura, so will likely give the 401s a demo at least

A couple years ago I purchased a XXIO Prime 9 driver. It may be the best club purchase I've ever done. Yes, I'm older and have lost a lot of swing speed due to loss of flexibility due to aging and back surgery (3times). While I used to regularly get out over 300 yards on my drive I had sunk to just under 200 yards on most drives. I'd heard so much about XXIO that I started looking for one that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. The XXIO Prime 9 was selling new for $850 and I knew I wasn't going to spend that much as an experiment so I started looking for a good used one. I found one on ebay that looked very good in the pictures for $268 and I bought it. It was in Japan and it took between 2-3 weeks to get it. When it arrived it looked almost new. The only marks on it were on the bottom of the club and they were minor and I was able to polish them out. It felt super lightweight and I didn't know if I would be able to make it work for me until I took it to the course. The first time I hit it, I was sold. Straight down the middle and about 20 yards past where I had been hitting my Taylor Made M2. For the next couple of weeks I found that overall, I had gained yards (about 10 on average) and consistency by using the Prime 9 and I didn't have to swing hard to make it work.

Didn't get a chance to hit the Miura PI-401s, but after more conversations and research, I don't think I'm going that route. So I'm getting very close to pulling the trigger for the XXIO Black X irons.....if the shafts don't work, I will likely drop the Accra iSteel shafts in them....

Pulled the trigger on a new set of 5-AW of the X irons. Looking forward to getting them and putting them in play. I’ve pla only about 1/3 as many rounds the past years as previously, hoping these help me find my way back 😂.

@Landy: please postman update when your new set is in!

Back