2023-2024 College Football Thread

I hope the Alabama PTB don't overlook Jimbo. He's from the Saban tree and they could get him cheap.
I would rejoice.

Such a weird breed. A list of items left at the statue of still living Coach Nick Saban in Tuscaloosa...

Below are the items -- both normal and, well, kinda strange -- that we saw.

• Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies, boxes and individually wrapped cookies.
  • Bouquets of roses.
  • Bottles of soda, including the Coca-Cola bottles you’d see on his press conference podiums.
  • Empty bottles of wine.
  • Cans of Coors Light.
  • A can of Four Loko.
  • Gallettes Yellowhammer cups.
  • Shakers, normally seen in fans hands on game days inside Bryant-Denny Stadium.
  • A bag of ice.
  • A slice of pizza.
  • Handwritten signs and letters. One said “GOAT,” another said “RTR.” One said, “WELL DONE, GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT, THE DAY OF YOUR REWARD IS COMING.
  • A dry-erase board sign that said, “LONG LIVE THE KING. ROLL TIDE.”
  • Candles.
  • One note that said, “Thanks for 17 good years & 6 champs,” signed by “Todd.”
  • A Kappa Delta sorority hand-fan as seen on Bid Day during Bama Rush. Also, a fan from Kappa Kappa Gamma.
  • A half-eaten bag of Buc-ee’s Sour Power Candy Belts.
  • A pillow shaped like red lips.
  • A coffee mug that says “World’s Best Boss,” identical to Michael Scott’s on “The Office.”
  • A small pumpkin.
  • A Trojan condom.
  • A can of Arizona sweet tea.
  • A bottle of Smirnoff Ice.
  • A Target gift card.
  • A plastic gold crown.
  • A cake.
  • A bucket of pickles.
  • Cash. Really just a couple of dollar bills scattered across the assortment of items. Saban had a reported salary of $11.1 million in 2023.

ESPN submitted fake names to obtain Emmy awards for on air talent. Given this news maybe we finally really know where Harbaugh is going for his next job :)

It’s plane watching time now that they have been turned down.

I was waiting to see when we would get the plane watching speculation to start. :LOL:

"Turned down?" It is freaking Al - A - Bama. Ain't nobody saying no to them :)

If the list has gotten here, that means even Kiffin turned them down, right?

Alabama women’s hoops at Georgia tonight.

I wonder if Alabama would seriously consider Schumann. He has been with either Saban or Kirby for around 15 years now. That would be some awfully big shoes to fill for a first time head coach

Wish this wasn’t a parody account.

Nevermind. Misread it.

Not true

FSU penalty for the recruitment of Amarius Mims
IMG_2577.jpeg

FSU penalty for the recruitment of Amarius Mims
View attachment 9235854
Interesting details in how they decided to impose sanctions.

You cant tell someone "Sign here and your NIL will be $15,000/month." But you can say, "If you sign here, the NIL foundation will value the same as this guy, who made $15,000/month."

@War Eagle, are Cadillac Williams and Zac Ethridge being runnoft?

So everyone is doing this and they single out FSU? That’s ********
I am convinced the ncaa regulatory model can’t be the model for this going forward. Reintroduce the 1 year sit out rule except for grad transfers and when coaches leave.

Only by their own doings. I dont have ALL of the details, know enough to know that it's happening, just know for sure that there is a University investigation involving Caddy and that Zac is tied to it as well. University decision, not Hugh.

Auburn social media will be a mess tomorrow regarding it, because they are beloved players and coaches by so many, but it is the right decision. All the details will never come out, though.

However, Crime Dog Wesley McGriff never signed his contract with Texas A&M, and will be coming back, as of this moment...

Also, Freeze has a clause in his contract in regards to situations like these, and because of his past, it's best to make decisions that the fans wont like but will be best for the program.

Back