2023-2024 College Football Thread

That is the thing that Saban changed when he went there. He made it known, if he went to Bama, he would be in total control.

I said it the other day, but the Powers that be at Bama that were relegated for 17 years, desperately want their hand back in the cookie jar.
Speak it into existence…

This is why Coach O’s divorce set us back years.
Same with Bryan Harsin.

Miss on your first few choices, and have to go down the list and hire Harsin, who was way worse than Gus, has us soooo depleted. The fact that we were competitive in games this past season blows my mind.

I could only imagine how it would be different if we just stuck with Gus...

Auburn really screwed the pooch when Kirby wanted the job, but the boosters werent willing to give up their power. Seems to have worked well for Georgia...

Same with Bryan Harsin.

Miss on your first few choices, and have to go down the list and hire Harsin, who was way worse than Gus, has us soooo depleted. The fact that we were competitive in games this past season blows my mind.

I could only imagine how it would be different if we just stuck with Gus...

Auburn really screwed the pooch when Kirby wanted the job, but the boosters werent willing to give up their power. Seems to have worked well for Georgia...
When O was hired- Tom Herman had agreed and we sent the plane to go get him & Texas fired Strong causing Herman to back out and go to Texas.

Our AD panicked and hired O right away, Kiffin should have been the hire then.

I think it would be fun if Urban went to Bama, seeing him and Saban all buddy buddy

I think it would be fun if Urban went to Bama, seeing him and Saban all buddy buddy
I had a panic attach at the thought of Pete Carroll going to Bama for about 45 seconds yesterday.

I had a panic attach at the thought of Pete Carroll going to Bama for about 45 seconds yesterday.
That would be so entertaining to see.....

My thing is he's never coached in the South and isn't really a good recruiter. They took full advantage of having COVID 6th year players this year. It's going to be a huge huge culture shift.

Some guys just have “it”
His combined record as a HC is 104-12.

Last edited:

I vote Dan Mullen for Bama coach.

DeBoer has smoke, it's him... So close to it being Kiffin time. If DeBoer said no, Kiffin was next up.

DeBoer hired Jimmy Sexton.

DeBoer has smoke, it's him... So close to it being Kiffin time. If DeBoer said no, Kiffin was next up.
Locksley is another name to watch if Sexton is getting DeBoer a payday.

DeBoer hired Jimmy Sexton.
Smart man.

Remember when Arkansas refused to hire a Coach that had Sexton as an Agent? That was smart.

Everybody is getting raises...
No one wants the pressure of replacing Saban. They just want to be in the conversation so they can get mo money

Everybody is getting raises...
The smart move is to feign just enough interest in the Alabama job (that nobody would actually want thanks to the Saban role) so you can leverage it for more money from your current employer.

Back