2023 - 2024 Soccer Thread

malcom tucker GIF

@PKorf - occasionally MLS gets some chatter here but it’s mostly the European teams that carry the content

Another example of the phoney underdog style 'reporting'

It's supposed to be hard, only Liverpool get easy ties 🤣

Dear lord how useless Raheem Sterling is. Absolutely useless in and out of possession. And also from the spot.

City might end up playing non-league football next season.

How is this even consistent? What determines Forest getting 4 points but the standard was supposedly set by our punishment?

So Forest are appealing, even tho their punishment is less for cooperation & admission of guilt for a breach 77% higher than ours. Rumor is we will get our 4 point reinstatement back as the second punishment to keep the clown committee happy as they merrily make up rules as they see fit.

All the while they keep dragging their feet on the 777 takeover deal (I don't want them at all but we need to know what's happening) as there are now talks that 777 are poisoning the well for potential other bidders if theirs is unsuccessful to force us into administration to lower our valuation if we stay up.

Nevermind the new stadium, we could be ******* Bury by the summer.

How is this even consistent? What determines Forest getting 4 points but the standard was supposedly set by our punishment?
The problem is, and I disagree with this, they introduced the rules but didn't establish what the punishment was.

When you think that the PL is the biggest in the world and they rolled out FFP without thinking about what the consequences will be for a breach it is pretty amateur tbh, sums the hierarchy in the PL up.

The link below is a pretty good insight;

They also did one on City explaining why it is so drawn out to do their hearing and really explaining how serious it could be over and above what we have seen with Forest and Everton so far.

As a Villa fan who have had a good season on top of keeping Tottenham and Chelsea out of Europe last year (hopefully Chelsea again + Man Utd out the CL this season), seeing Everton try and break that top 6, Newcastle break it last last year, West Ham nipping at their heels. We have somehow created a scenario which makes that top 6 almost impossible to penetrate bar the odd season here or there. All these teams have got close but FFP has prevented them continuing the momentum, for us it is still TBC but I think in the next 3 to 4 years the rules will have prevented us maintaining the momentum,

I do agree some control is needed 100% but the current system isn't fit for purpose. Man City and Chelsea have managed to ring fence themselves simply by been lucky enough to spend billions prior to FFP been introduced.

Just my opinion on a topic I'm quite passionate about.

You're in a tough spot as well, if all accounts a re accurate you're either in trouble or, if the new rules are adopted and results and league finishes go your way, you can avoid punishment by doing well in the league and Europe.

But how is that fair either?

My biggest issue is City got charged first, with an absurd amount of charges and no hearing date (because let's be honest now, they sent the lawyer hit squad into London with all amount of injunctions and papers), then they charged us, then they changed the rules on when breaches should be heard and adjudicated (surprise surprise, must be in the season you are charged in 🤔), threw the absolute book at us as we are already struggling through awful ownership, mismanagement and all while trying to build a new stadium that the north of England hasn't seen in decades (looking at you red shite & Manchester), then talk about changing the rules again, charge us again for the same years and another club, charge a club not even in the league in case they do come up, plan to finalize appeals for charges after the season is finished leaving at least 3-4 clubs unsure of what league or financial payouts they will have for the next season.

Masters and the entire PL 'leadership' needs to be brought up in front of parliament and made to testify like they do here in the US, for as long as it takes to find out what the f they are doing.

We are mate, we have sort of gambled with the Grealish money on also making Europe to rapidly increase revenue.

We have managed to negotiate 2 big sponsorship which should help fill the hole but even with European qualification it is likely we will be selling a player or 2 to fund the growth, most notable is Ramsey because he is 'homegrown' so he is therefore considered straight profit on the accounts. In essence to compete, we are having to sell our current best academy graduate on top of selling one of the best graduates of all time (Grealish) 2 1/2 years ago and still gambling with a points deduction. Like you said, how does that make sense and how is that fair?

I'll be honest, I am not 100% dialled in on all the ins and outs of what's going with yourselves (& Forest) other than the headlines and the deductions but even before reading what you have said, the two level system is ridiculous. They also had a chance to bring 'the big 6' in line following the ESL by stamping their authority with harsh punishments, instead they bottled it.

Agree on the leadership of the PL, they are a shambles with no back bone, dish out points deductions down the table but ignore those 6 with the financial power.

I'm not sure if you saw but the government have released money for an independent moderator of English football. Very, very vague in terms of what they will do and also what they then have the power to do.

Trying to be positive - better than nothing!

One should not run out of things to watch, my level of hatred towards the PL, red scum shite & utd has increased after stupidly watching the 'rivalry' wank piece peacock did.

There's a problem in the game if 2 clubs have the most titles combined, ever. Thank you capitalism & greed.

Another problem is the absolute leniency these 2 'giants' 'self-titled' get when they show footage of games where any other club did the the things those managers did, the repercussions would be astounding.

& lastly, as much as I hate to side with utd, who the f cares klopp win the covid title? Go cry somewhere else

Fortunately I am UK so our coverage is through Sky Sports, the is a bias (ie Arsenal been the only team to manage to stop Man City this season - Yet vs us they had 2 shots and 11 touches (from memory) in our box) but it gets called our pretty quick as the football following is so big domestically outside the 'big 6'

Saw the Coleman error! Think you'll survive?

For what it is worth, the UK bookies still have you safe

We are safe as long as the others continue to lose and the PL doesn't throw the book at us again while being lenient on the others.

Coleman error wasn't his fault, I put blame squarely on Pickford not controlling his 6 yard box and putting the doubt on what to do into Colemans head, watch the replay and keeper starts to come, backs off and at same time striker drops off to behind penalty spot leaving Coleman with no choice but to try to snap decide to either clear or get out the way.

it was always a tall task, but hoped Sheffield United would give Liverpool more of a challenge

and just like that

:oops: :oops:

I need to watch this replay later because this is nuts

I need to watch this replay later because this is nuts

That game was just stupid :LOL:

My heart can't take too much of this rollercoaster anymore. No game is ever safe with us.

Arsenal top of the table for a day.

In other news the penalty call on the LA game was trash

In worse news, we have a striker that's scored enough goals to have his 3rd best career season, from a piss poor keeper pass out deflection and that number is 6.

Back