2023 - 2024 Soccer Thread

Arsenal arsenal arsenal. Wtf

No one wants to win this year :oops: Everyone fumbles in turn to let City win it again.
I'm waiting for Wednesday to determine my positivity levels.

Arsenal are letting city win so they can take the title once they finally decide the 115 charges
You know it's not going to happen during this season. And when they finally get "punished", it'll be a tickle, a fondle and a stern "don't do it again". No points will be docked or transfer bans.

You know it's not going to happen during this season. And when they finally get "punished", it'll be a tickle, a fondle and a stern "don't do it again". No points will be docked or transfer bans.
Everton fans everywhere agree with you, it is a conspiracy to punish us and not the sponsors of the PL, sorry the PL Top 6, sorry City 🤣

Everton did their best to all but erase any goal differential advantage they had. Losing 6-0 to Chelsea does not help the relegation talk.

Who knew the key to victory was selling hotels and extending already ridiculously long contracts even further?

Two great UEFA matches going on right now

1713294311801.png

Arsenal is out, which is sad.
Man City is out, which is great.
The European Coefficient won't get the Premier League a 5th team, so Spurs are probably out of the UCL next year, which is great.

Arsenal is out, which is sad.
Man City is out, which is great.
The European Coefficient won't get the Premier League a 5th team, so Spurs are probably out of the UCL next year, which is great.
Those pk's were poorly taken, but I am happy RM moves on and City isn't.

Those pk's were poorly taken, but I am happy RM moves on and City isn't.
I know it's petty to root for another's failure, but it's wonderful to see City lose.

I know it's petty to root for another's failure, but it's wonderful to see City lose.
I had no dog in the fight and I’m a fan of how Pep teaches the game but for some reason I wanted RM to win and move on. Maybe City fatigue?

Now PSR hearing and verdict? Not wanting to pour salt or anything but.....
"Hey! Promise not to do it again?"

"Super promise."

"We issue a -100 point deduction."

"Hey! Promise not to do it again?"

"Super promise."

"We issue a -100 point deduction."
More likely, we're really really really sorry, can we continue to sponsor the league (wink wink)?

Sure.

Verdict: Relegate Everton to non-league.

Us Villa fans don't get much to celebrate about so thought I'd take this time to mention what a week it has been for us.

Arsenal (a) 2-0
Lille (a) - Last minute aggregate equaliser and won on pens to get through to the Semi's
Bournemouth (h) - 3-1 to get a hand closer to 4th place and champions league.

I would say I have been to over 600 Villa games, the Lille away day ranks as my number 1. Even with getting caged & netted into the away end from start to finish and locked in for an hour after full-time.

Attachments

• Lille.jpg
    Lille.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 2
I somehow missed this news....I know they won't say much to protect the potential victims, but this isn't ideal at all.

I somehow missed this news....I know they won't say much to protect the potential victims, but this isn't ideal at all.

Literally the first I've heard this.

I don't know exactly how Reddit works, but I like this one.

1000004155.png

Back