2023 Snell MTB PRIME and PRIME X Golf Balls

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
After a long wait, Snell Golf is back and evolving as we roll into peak golf season for 2023. There is no denying that Snell was one of the Direct to Consumer (DTC) companies who were on the leading edge of the segment for a good while, but the pond has certainly gotten more crowded since that time. As such, it is no surprise that we are seeing the brand once again try to step out and differentiate themselves.

Continue reading...

The X changes sound interesting. And still sounds pretty cheap. That was surprising. I'll have to take them out for a spin sometime.

The X sounds like a ball worth trying for my game. I am neutral on the lettering change.

I like the changes I just read about. The new branding looks great and I am excited to try both offerings. Still have a couple of sleeves of MTB Black balls around I can compare them to.

consider me one that thinks they stuck the landing with the new branding

I really like the new branding. The X sounds like a good ball, seems comparable to a lot of the other ones in that space.

Agreed that the new font is a winner. The whole X label is the most confusing aspect of golf balls imo.

Priced right in line with Q-Star Tour.

I'm liking the new branding, and am interested in the changes to the MTB PRIME.

it’s been a bit since a refresh that I kind of forgot about Snell. I’m torn on the new packaging and logo, but I am glad they changed it up as well as the name. Price seems to be pretty good for that DTC ball.

The PRIME seems to be up my alley. These both look interesting to say the least and the price point isn't too bad at $32.99.

@ddec I see where you're coming from on packaging and the logo. I thought the logo was simple and noticed it immediately. I'm torn on the aiming line though. 🤣

@ddec I see where you're coming from on packaging and the logo. I thought the logo was simple and noticed it immediately. I'm torn on the aiming line though. 🤣

me personally I’d like it without the two lines

I like the alignment line, similar to the previous versions of the Maxfli Tour balls, and what attracted me to them. I'm also a big Triple Track fan, so consider that. The logo? Not so sure.

Not sure about these. Seems like the X version is now lower iron spin, maybe some rollout. Different than a ProV1X for sure.

Enjoyed Snell in the past, so may give this new lineup a look. New branding is just ok, I actually liked the old. Price remains really good. Definitely thought it would have been a but higher than where they are at.

I really like the new branding and logo. I played the MTB-X for a while so really looking forward to trying these

As someone looking for iron spin I think I would try the Prime first

Was a big fan of Snell awhile back and was always happy with the product. I do like the old scripting better but willing to give them a try again.

It almost looks like they've switched the two balls around from the previous models. The X used to be the higher iron spin.

2019_comparisson-01-01_grande.jpg

Might have to take the Prime for a test drive.

Like the new font, line, and logo - modern and clean. Not sure about the word "Prime" but I will purchase the ball at that price. Thx.

Always nice to see the DTC space continue to improve. Branding for me is indifferent and will be interesting to hear people's feedback on this iteration of the ball.

I played Snell for a few years until switching to Bridgestone in 2021. I like the new logo and just pre-ordered the test pack. It will be fun to compare them to my current ball and very soon it looks like we will be starting our MN golf season.

I don't care for the lines. Reminds me of a range ball. Wonder what plant is makeing this ball?

Back