2023 Srixon Z-STAR and Divide Golf Balls

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
It’s release season in the golf industry, and so far, this month has been super busy for Srixon Golf. We’ve seen the new ZX MK II Drivers, metalwoods, and irons, to go along with the 13th generation of the SOFT FEEL golf ball. Now it’s time to look at what they have in store for the eighth-generation 2023 Srixon Z-STAR Series.

Continue reading...

Pretty excited that these are here in the wild and the new packaging looks great. I really liked the last Z-STAR and want to give this new version a trial run as well.

the Z star XV is a ball that I keep going back to. Seems to be a great fit for added yardage with a good amount of spin into the greens. Diamond seems like a great equalizer and will have to be tried for this iteration.

I really like the QST Divide I played with a lot last year. These also look great. How is the XV has the longest flight and the thinnest cover? Did they do something different on the inside to make it like that? I assume it's just a bit firmer so the average player can better use the compression for it and if you're a slower swing speed step back to the Q-star.

Will be giving the diamonds a try. For sure

I feel like the Diamond may be exactly what I’m looking for. Sometimes X balls can be firmer than my preference.

Appreciate the sub-$50 price point too.
I think cheapest of the premiums right? in this case it is definitely not a detriment to be "cheap"

more premiums should be at $45 ish... 50+ is tough pill to swallow... it's an optics thing for me

I think cheapest of the premiums right? in this case it is definitely not a detriment to be "cheap"

more premiums should be at $45 ish... 50+ is tough pill to swallow... it's an optics thing for me

Yep. It still says premium while making me feel just a little better. I think I’ll grab a box of the Diamonds to start and then check out standard Z Star after that. Now to decide if I go Divide or not.

Yep. It still says premium while making me feel just a little better. I think I’ll grab a box of the Diamonds to start and then check out standard Z Star after that. Now to decide if I go Divide or not.
XV might be in trouble... only limitedly tried the diamond. this might be a fuller test this year. I do enjoy the click off XV though and feels good off putter -

my longest drives are always hit with XV...so tough to beat

Manufacturers are making it hard to dial into just one ball unless one plays a lot of golf….

Im curious to give these a go.

Manufacturers are making it hard to dial into just one ball unless one plays a lot of golf….

Im curious to give these a go.
I recommend sim time... I look at options I want to play and grab a sleeve of each... play a similar hole a few times with each ball...

you can use driving range too, but I like to see if I'm in trouble based on my amateur swing (kinda limit my misses). Don't like to just got out and pound balls. after the hole is played I'll hit on driving range and compare numbers.

I really wanted to like the diamond last release but I just didn’t. I’m a Z-star guy and from the sounds of it still will be. I’ll try the Diamond again though and definitely curious to see his the new version compares

Nice write up @ddec. The Z-Stars are my short list to try out this year as I expand into the not KSig ball world.

I really wanted to like the diamond last release but I just didn’t. I’m a Z-star guy and from the sounds of it still will be. I’ll try the Diamond again though and definitely curious to see his the new version compares

I kind of went back and forth on them. I’m usually a z-star guy as my gamer. I did like Diamond better than the XV for me.

Read through this a second time. Reads to me like they are doing similar things as the prov1 release. Adjust the gradient from soft to firm in the core..

I recommend sim time... I look at options I want to play and grab a sleeve of each... play a similar hole a few times with each ball...

you can use driving range too, but I like to see if I'm in trouble based on my amateur swing (kinda limit my misses). Don't like to just got out and pound balls. after the hole is played I'll hit on driving range and compare numbers.
I guess more accurately I’d want to spend time on course with several throughout the year just to have the various experiences with them. I played z-star two years ago and based on this release when the current stash goes the will get a long look from me, especially given the price point.

Read through this a second time. Reads to me like they are doing similar things as the prov1 release. Adjust the gradient from soft to firm in the core..
I could be wrong on this, but I believe Srixon was the first to do this a number of years ago with the Gradual Gradient Core.

Srixon is always a good value. Nice to see Srixon keeping tour (shiny yellow) on most of their line. I'll be sticking to Srixon Z, QST and Soft Feel.

I could be wrong on this, but I believe Srixon was the first to do this a number of years ago with the Gradual Gradient Core.
Yeah I don’t know. I wouldn’t be surprised. I honestly think you are right. I think the z star originally could have been called a 2 piece ball as you could not tell when the core and mantle transition happened. It looked like one layer.

Reactions: JB
Great information @ddec ! I was lucky enough to win a Srixon giveaway and received the 2023 prototype Z-Star line up. I sent golf balls to @pumbaa , @Steve2100 , @MarMill , and @Kruz88 . Hopefully they can hop in here and discuss their thoughts. Srixon’s tour ball has the best finish in golf! I absolutely love it! I personally prefer the Z-Star Divide. I hope they bring that finish to the Q-Star Tour Divide.

Chicago weather has only allowed me to be out once. I tried a sleeve of the new Srixons (thanks to @J.B. Cobb III )for nine holes and while not enough for a review I did notice my approach shots with really good stopping power. I can't wait to try them some more in the spring!

Great information @ddec ! I was lucky enough to win a Srixon giveaway and received the 2023 prototype Z-Star line up. I sent golf balls to @pumbaa , @Steve2100 , @MarMill , and @Kruz88 . Hopefully they can hop in here and discuss their thoughts. Srixon’s tour ball has the best finish in golf! I absolutely love it! I personally prefer the Z-Star Divide. I hope they bring that finish to the Q-Star Tour Divide.
I haven't got to use them yet but I can't wait to. Hopefully can get out this weekend and compare to the chromesofts I have and do a head to head.

Played the XV Divide last year and really enjoyed the greenside spin I got from it.
I'll probably grab a box of when they become available in the Spring.

I did some chipping and putting with them and left a post in the prototype thread. I'm hoping to get a round in on Friday to do a full shot review. From my initial test, I like the Z-Star the best, but we'll see how I get around the course with them.

Back