2024 Better You Fitness Thread

Squats tonight. Worked up to a double at 190kg.

Heavy dead lifts supersetted with heavy squats followed by more leg work and a run was a bad idea.

No weights tonight, just punished myself with a 30 minute followed up by a 10 minute session on the rowing machine.

I will be 57 in a few weeks. For me, it started in earnest in August 2023. I've dropped 40 pounds by limiting carbs and portion size, and lifting heavy - fewer reps at higher weights. My lifting sessions are followed by a 45 minute speed walk and then flexibility and stretching. 3-4x per week. Rinse and repeat. 3" down in my waist, 2" in my neck, my back pain has disappeared, and I now weigh less than when I was married in 1991. It has helped tremendously that the lovely Mrs. Camjr is doing this along with me. It's never too young to start.

I am finally getting back into the gym, haven't been since Thursday because I spent my entire days waiting around for AC people and then taking care of Josh, but today I finally get to go back and I'm super excited!

Good bench press single, followed by 4 heavy triples. Two AMRAP press sets and 3x8 rows.

I then had a salad for dinner.

Power upper day
Bench 6x6
Row 5x6
Overhead press 5x5
Standing db ext 3x6
Hammer 3x6
Kettle swings

Usually I drop my daughter off then go to the gym in the morning or come back home and do a Peleton workout before work. My wife wanted a break from the baby and dropped my daughter off and took the dog to the park so I didn't work out this morning.

I have meetings coming up most of this afternoon and knew I wouldn't do it this evening because of the NFL draft so I did a 45-minute HIIT and Hills ride and 300 KB swings. Holy smokes am I crushed.

Deadlifts tonight. Triple at a manageable weight. Then did 3x5 high bar squats.

1000004158.png

I’m in my bulking weeks now.Wife can’t believe how much protein (mainly chicken).I’m devouring on a daily basis.Three more weeks than I will start cutting.The body is such an amazing thing when you know how to use it

Back