2024 MLB Thread + Hot Stove Off Season

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This will serve as your off season and 2024 MLB thread.

Will be interesting to see where Ohtani lands and for how much.

• Admin
Ohtani is definitely the biggest news. The talk now is Giants, Dodgers, Angels and Mariners. Which is code for demographics and nobody knows a thing 🀣

Just reading an article that said Dustin May might not pitch in 2024 at all. 😒.

Ohtani is definitely the biggest news. The talk now is Giants, Dodgers, Angels and Mariners. Which is code for demographics and nobody knows a thing 🀣
I saw the Rangers mentioned too along with the other potential big spenders (Yankees, Red Sox, Mets) but I’m thinking he signs with the Dodgers.

I saw the Rangers mentioned too along with the other potential big spenders (Yankees, Red Sox, Mets) but I’m thinking he signs with the Dodgers.
I like how you think. JB, Adam, & Danny all said they don’t think he likes LA. Rank is a big Angels fan btw.

When JB said the Giants at dinner I got a little excited.

When JB said the Giants at dinner I got a little excited.
The Giants are desperate to sign a franchise player and they have more than enough money available.

Seems like New York is the expected landed spot for Yamamoto.

Just reading an article that said Dustin May might not pitch in 2024 at all. 😒.
Well ****.
Also reading that Dodgers insiders think Kershaw is gone

Supposedly Mookie is going to play a lot of 2B, Lux and Muncy back on the left side of the IF. They will be adding corner OFs and pitching.

Last edited:
Well ****.
Also reading that Dodgers insiders think Kershaw is gone
they said that on major-league baseball TV this morning. 36 years old made 20 million last year. Is he worth a big number to make a run again?

they said that on major-league baseball TV this morning. 36 years old made 20 million last year. Is he worth a big number to make a run again?
He’s still pretty special when he’s healthy but pitchers and shoulder surgeries, and his age…I don’t know. As a Dodger fan I would love to see him finish his career in LA, but that’s the fan in me talking

The Rays executive tree is being discussed on MLB right now. It’s all over MLB currently and continues to be in demand as teams try and find ways to compete with big money.

@echico i feel like the Astros got it right with Espada. Clubhouse doesn’t skip a best and he knows the culture

@echico i feel like the Astros got it right with Espada. Clubhouse doesn’t skip a best and he knows the culture
If only the rumors are false about Maldonado

Juan Soto is going to be dealt. Shocking that the two teams being most discussed are Yankees and Red Sox.

#FixTheCap

Hell yeah. Deserved

Chapman rejecting anything Toronto offers him is laughable.

He SUCKED for 80% of this season.
He is solid defensively but man, his bat just isn't what it was when he played for the A's.

I wonder if Soto can nix a trade or not. Of course, if they can't sign him long term then the value goes way down. So I assume any trade to those teams would include a new contract - if he's gonna walk and go FA, the Padres ought to keep him and dump at the deadline to a team who feels they are 1 player away and get a much fatter package of prospects.

Back