2024 Srixon Q Star Tour and Q Star Tour Divide Review

Does the spin skin not make it to the Divide due to the matte finish?

I would love a divide, non matte finish, with spin skin.

Glad to see this line continue on, it's a personal favorite of mine.

Great writeup!
Really glad to see they are making what look like pretty significant upgrades and still keeping the price down.

I don't really think you need to have a faster swing to realize gains from the new core. It should be faster in general. The issue with faster swings is that they often commented thy were leaving distance on the table with the older versions.
Thanks that was the thing I read and focused on how I interpreted it was flawed - appreciate the clarification.

Does the spin skin not make it to the Divide due to the matte finish?

I would love a divide, non matte finish, with spin skin.

Glad to see this line continue on, it's a personal favorite of mine.
That's my understanding at least. I could be wrong though.

With the new $39.99 price tag, that puts them inline with the TM Tour Response Stripe and the Wilson Triad.
Not so bad when they run the Buy 2 Get 1 specials, ~$27/dozen.
I moved away from the QST because they were a little too soft. I'll have to buy a couple dozen to try these when the sale comes up.

I'm kind of partial to the Diamond, but I have to say, that I took the QST out for a couple rounds just to try them out. I can honestly say that I'm impressed with the QST ball. It held up well, not much wear and tear, distances were good, spin was good, and it just performed. I let a golfing buddy of mine try one out, and now he's still using that QST ball and was waiting for this new model to come out to get more. It's definitely a ball that should not be overlooked, especially if you're not wanting to pay for the high prices of the "premium" balls.

I'm kind of partial to the Diamond, but I have to say, that I took the QST out for a couple rounds just to try them out. I can honestly say that I'm impressed with the QST ball. It held up well, not much wear and tear, distances were good, spin was good, and it just performed. I let a golfing buddy of mine try one out, and now he's still using that QST ball and was waiting for this new model to come out to get more. It's definitely a ball that should not be overlooked, especially if you're not wanting to pay for the high prices of the "premium" balls.
Like @baylrballa , I'd say you're a good testament to the improved core with your speed. While it might not be 100% ideal, just the fact that you have that to say is a good sign of its improvement.

Playing this new version at Briggs was such a treat! The Qstar and Divides are perfect for my swing speed and for that price still a bargain.
18 HDCP my A$$
Srixon, please hear me.

Make me a yellow/white QST Divide. Please.
Yes please hear him. Love that combo. I do enjoy my orange/yellow as well.

Do you all think that the reason they don't do a Yellow/White Q Star is because that's the only bi-color in the Z star balls, and they don't want that confusion with consumers?

Do you all think that the reason they don't do a Yellow/White Q Star is because that's the only bi-color in the Z star balls, and they don't want that confusion with consumers?
Yea, that's my guess. It sets the premium line apart a little more.

Yea, that's my guess. It sets the premium line apart a little more.
I agree, and approve. I really, really like the Z Star line. I would like golfers to give that premium line it's due, and not confuse a consumer that all divide balls are less than premium. IMO.

I agree, and approve. I really, really like the Z Star line. I would like golfers to give that premium line it's due, and not confuse a consumer that all divide balls are less than premium. IMO.
I get that for sure.

On another note, is there a better value than the Z Star line in the premium ball space right now? Still sub-$50.

I get that for sure.

On another note, is there a better value than the Z Star line in the premium ball space right now? Still sub-$50.
Absolutely NOT. Great ball and at a GREAT price. You're right on.

Srixon, please hear me.

Make me a yellow/white QST Divide. Please.
Cannot agree more. This would instantly be my ball.

Played the QST yellow all of last season. The new ball was great and have been playing it the last couple months. Will continue to play them in 2024.

Thank you @Hawk for all that information. The QStar is such a good ball and in reality can work with swings into the upper 90's imo. If they corrected some of the feel into and around the greens, it will be a premium offering that many could benefit from.

This ball has become a regular in my rotation because of the market segment it occupies. I have had the same criticisms of the ball as are noted in the article, and am very interested in trying the new version.

According to @bigbov the new QST gives you a 50% better chance of dropping a 40 foot bomb for eagle.
This is an absolute fact. For you visual learners just see pg 89 of the Srixon Experience live thread.

This is one ball that I have still yet to try even after recommending it to friends quite frequently. After reading this article, with the changes stated are making me take pause because even with the price increase this sounds like a fantastic value.

I wasn't too impressed with the last "Tour" ball. It sounds like they addressed a lot of issues, so I'll be trying these out at some point. Still have 2 dozen left of the last iteration balls to use

Loved the feel of the gen 4, so hopefully it doesn’t feel too much firmer.

Thanks for the great write up @Hawk , I”ve been waiting to see the tech story on these. The new version of the QStar tour definitely gets some of it’s lost length back. For me the old version was noticibly shorter off the tee than the Zstar Xv of the CSX LS which were the 2 balls I primarilarily played the last 2 years. The new version of the QST gets a lot of that back and doesn’t feel like it spins as much off the driver either. Into the greens the new QST has plenty of spin and oh short game it’s fantastic and grabs instantly. This version of QST is, at least for me, significantly improved.

Nice I don’t think I ever saw the orange at retail which is why I probably made that part up in my head.
The 1st year I never saw the Orange at retail Unless it was in a Pro shop at a course. Never in a Big box store like PGASS or the likes.
Now my local TGW has stacks of them But I think I prefer the Yellow. They seem to stay cleaner than the matte balls by a wide margin.
Jmho

Thanks for the great write up @Hawk , I”ve been waiting to see the tech story on these. The new version of the QStar tour definitely gets some of it’s lost length back. For me the old version was noticibly shorter off the tee than the Zstar Xv of the CSX LS which were the 2 balls I primarilarily played the last 2 years. The new version of the QST gets a lot of that back and doesn’t feel like it spins as much off the driver either. Into the greens the new QST has plenty of spin and oh short game it’s fantastic and grabs instantly. This version of QST is, at least for me, significantly improved.
How does it feel off wedges compared to the old version?

Back