2024 TaylorMade P-Series Utilities

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
TaylorMade Golf has certainly settled in with the P-Series paving the way for them when it comes to premium iron offerings. With each new release, the lineup becomes more refined and better looking than ever. That lineup is now expanding to include the brands newest iteration of utility irons. Right on cue as we advance through Major season, the new P-UDI and P-DHY clubheads are officially on their way, and we have all the info you might want.

Continue reading...

These look really well done, probably my favorite from a looks standpoint in what they’ve done in the past.

Very clean

Those look good, you can really see the difference in what you're looking at between the UDI and the DHY.

Clean, compact and visually appealing. Those are some nice utility clubs.

Super clean looking and love all the loft offerings, especially the full option in everything for LH. Great write up

Last edited:
Super clean look there.

These look really nice. Very “clean”

@Jman the P-UDI has a smaller sole than the P-790 iron? What about overall size?

Good looking golf club.

These look much improved over the last few gens. I really enjoyed the SIM DHY, but it wasn’t the most visually spectacular thing I’ve ever laid eyes on.

These look really nice

These look outstanding, quite frankly. TM is killing it with irons lately, at least visually (I'm sure they perform too, but I haven't hit them).

Not sure any club could replace the Fli-Hi in my bag, but the UHY may come very close I may have to visit a local store or 2 to see and test this out.

Good looking clubs, very good looking.

Looks great!

Good looking club.

The line between clean and boring is not very thick. These are really close

FINALLY they offer this in LH. I was ready to just buy a P790 3i

and lefty friendly

@Jman thanks for the writeup. Will you be getting numbers with any of these?
If we get them in hand, that’s definitely the plan. I hit the stealth versions for the first time not too long ago, so there are definitely curiosities here.

The line between clean and boring is not very thick. These are really close
Ironically I think they’re the best looking titles they’ve ever put out, the decision to create a look that blends with the entire P-Series was one of the better ones I feel like they’ve made in a while. But I totally get what you’re saying!

@Jman the P-UDI has a smaller sole than the P-790 iron? What about overall size?
Longer heel to toe I believe based on the information we were provided. But yeah, smaller sole than the 790’s according to them.

Longer heel to toe I believe based on the information we were provided. But yeah, smaller sole than the 790’s according to them.
Can you think of any utility iron that is smaller in anyway than the standard iron? I was very surprised when I read that.

Shaping looks really nice. I bet these things are very, very good in the right hands.

I got to hit these about a month ago. They look much cleaner, but are about as expected. P-DHY definitely gets up a little easier. Lines are softened and they feel a little more elegant through the turf. I'm personally not a fan of the P-DHY look. Maybe even more so this time. With the more satin finish something about how you see the back of it at address stands out even more to me.

I never see too many people interested or having a need for them but have fit for some already and the reactions and results have been good.

Can you think of any utility iron that is smaller in anyway than the standard iron? I was very surprised when I read that.
790 isn’t exactly a standard iron though haha

We aren’t talking the difference between a G-series iron and a blade though, it’s a tiny difference. Also have to remember the 790’s want to try and get the ball UP, where the UDI is all about that mid piercing flat driving iron flight we all THINK we need but usually have no business trying to use hahahaha

Back