2024 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Still plugging away and still no alcohol. I rec’d my 2XL hoodie from @Thrillbilly Jim today and it’s close to fitting. I wouldn’t have even been able to get it on a month or 2 ago. Just putting it on today motivates the heck out of me. LFG boys!
I am loving this. I put on a pair of shorts that the last time I wore them I popped a button on Saturday. They barely stayed on my hips and I needed to tighten my belt to keep them on.

I am loving this. I put on a pair of shorts that the last time I wore them I popped a button on Saturday. They barely stayed on my hips and I needed to tighten my belt to keep them on.
Sub 40 or bust

This might cost us @ Ballyhack as we will have WAY more options now. 💰

Got sick and wasn't strict on the diet for those few days. Got locked back in today!

Costco had Fairlife chocolate protein shakes back in stock, so I bought a case.

That reminded me to try something I'd seen recommended on X: A Fairlife protein shake with a scoop of protein powder. So I dumped a Fairlife chocolate shake and a scoop of Bulk Supplements unflavored whey protein powder into my Jetblend 2, pulsed it four times or so, and...

Mmmm... taste and consistency not entirely unlike a chocolate malt :)

Somewhere around 55g of quality protein at around 260 Cal.

If you are looking for a dairy free yogurt, Kite Hill is NOT it. I have purchased it twice now and both times it tastes like it spoiled. It's so gross, I have no idea how anyone can eat that. It actually burned on my tongue.

If you are looking for a dairy free yogurt, Kite Hill is NOT it. I have purchased it twice now and both times it tastes like it spoiled. It's so gross, I have no idea how anyone can eat that. It actually burned on my tongue.
Their cream cheese is just as bad.

How are they still in business? I don't get it, and they are everywhere too, in all the major grocery stores. Who is repeat buying their stuff?
No clue. It's all terrible and it's always picked over like crazy at Publix.

No clue. It's all terrible and it's always picked over like crazy at Publix.

I Dont Get It Parks And Recreation GIF

Good to know. That sounds absolutely terrible.

Try the Oikos Triple Zero. I really like that.

3/1 - 278 this morning. Down 12 lbs. On pace to be down over 40 by Ballyhack but we are going for 50+
No April Fools joke here..

4/1 - 272. Down 18 lbs. Should surpass original goal of 10% (261/29 lbs) next couple of weigh ins. Can’t wait to shirt shop @ Ballyhack w/ @Joshnoble01

Last edited:
No April Fools joke here..

4/1 - 272. Down 18 lbs. Should surpass original goal of 10% (269/21 lbs) next weigh in. Can’t wait to shirt shop @ Ballyhack w/ @Joshnoble01
You're going way down! That's awesome to follow along and hear.

What has been the one best thing for you journey?

You're going way down! That's awesome to follow along and hear.

What has been the one best thing for you journey?
Thanks! 2 things really… I have a dedicated workout program where I lift for 35 mins and ride my exercise bike for x amount of miles after. Today I started doing 7 miles per day. Saturdays I just do the bike and this Sat will start doing 10 miles.

The other is diet and cutting out alcohol. My birthday was this past weekend and I did have a few beers w/ friends. First ones since I was in Phoenix for WMO. I used to be a 2-3 times per week go out for beers guy. Diet (took a hit @ Easter bunch) is just making good food/calorie choices. I also haven’t had creamer/sugar in coffee since 1st of year. I’m a 3-4 cup a day guy.

Thanks! 2 things really… I have a dedicated workout program where I lift for 35 mins and ride my exercise bike for x amount of miles after. Today I started doing 7 miles per day. Saturdays I just do the bike and this Sat will start doing 10 miles.

The other is diet and cutting out alcohol. My birthday was this past weekend and I did have a few beers w/ friends. First ones since I was in Phoenix for WMO. I used to be a 2-3 times per week go out for beers guy. Diet (took a hit @ Easter bunch) is just making good food/calorie choices. I also haven’t had creamer/sugar in coffee since 1st of year. I’m a 3-4 cup a day guy.
Those liquid calories really add up. Great on you for identifying and eliminating them. Cream / Sugar in a coffee might only be a few grams and a few calories, but if you have 4 cups at 25 calories a cup you've got an extra 100 calories a day that can be easily eliminated.

I'll always be a firm believer that you don't need to 100% cut out things, so a few birthday beers or an "I feel like it drink" isn't the end of the world, the key to moderation is moderation itself.

I was surprised to see the numbers on the scale as I haven’t been working out regularly over the last three weeks. This can only be attributed to my new profound knowledge of what I’m consuming.

I’m down 20 pounds. Just gave up junk food basically.

Back