23’ UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Shafts

I think so too. It definitely felt great with the more conservative swing that I was putting on it yesterday, but I know I had a couple on the range where I went after it that had a ball that I was just in love with.
Gonna need to see that in person bud. 😍

When I had this golf shaft re-tipped at Golf Galaxy I explained to the guy there about my fitting with UST Mamiya. I told him I got fit into a ladies flex that was a heavier shaft, and he gave me the most dumbfounded look, and said who fit you. I explained what shaft was a little bit to him, but he didn’t seem to understand, they had fittings going on that day, and my only thought for all of them was that they have people working who really don’t understand the weight of shaft and timing element. I think most people would walk in with my swing speed and think I would ever be fit into a shaft like this, I wouldn’t have that for sure. And I couldn’t help but wonder if all those people who were going to be getting misfit just like I probably would have as well. Blown away by what UST can do for someone like me and most golfers out there.
Knowledge is power. And unfortunately, there isn't always a lot of that at the box stores. Plenty of it in some, but none of it in others. I've heard conversations at a Scheels (it's a regional store), and the information they guys were giving in the launch bay was just so bad. It puts in to perspective how freaking lucky you guys, and anyone that's had the pleasure to work with Danny, are

Knowledge is power. And unfortunately, there isn't always a lot of that at the box stores. Plenty of it in some, but none of it in others. I've heard conversations at a Scheels (it's a regional store), and the information they guys were giving in the launch bay was just so bad. It puts in to perspective how freaking lucky you guys, and anyone that's had the pleasure to work with Danny, are
Look Here Reaction GIF by Paul McCartney

Man... the guys at my local scheels don't even understand grip, let alone fitting. I only talk to them when I need shoes to try on lol

Man... the guys at my local scheels don't even understand grip, let alone fitting. I only talk to them when I need shoes to try on lol
Kind of shocking isn't it :ROFLMAO:

So last year, I kind of had to rebuild my swing a from an insane out to in / over the top move that I developed out of nowhere. I'd always faded the ball, but this turned in to a straight up slice. After some swing work, I was fit to a Paradym X with a LinQ Red shaft. I couldn't have been happier. Loved the Red. Felt great through the swing and it fit a Mid-High/Mid profile that I've needed for awhile. Needed help getting the ball in the air and upping spin a little bit to help with my control. it did everything I wanted/needed it to last year.

Fast forward to this year and I had a new driver head (Smoke Max) that I had every intention of just plugging and playing the Red in to, and that's what I did. Worked out well at first but nothing earth shattering. I was seeing better dispersion and a more distance on mishits than last year but that all came down to the driver, not really the shaft. After a few rounds, for fun, I figured I'd throw in the LinQ White that my buddy @Nappy traded to me earlier this year. Wasn't expecting anything groundbreaking in a profile that I didn't necessarily think would fit me. But Shaft Up #1 showed that you really shouldn't have any preconceived notions on what does and doesn't work for you.

Like I stated above, I've needed help with launch for a bit so I've been playing with mid-high to high launch shafts for a full season now. A low-mid flight shaft like the white shouldn't have been where I looked to go but I am so incredibly happy I did. Below, same driver, but red and white shafts. One is the longest with the red, one is the longest with the white. Dispersion has been about the same through three rounds with each

Red - longest drive
IMG_9748.jpeg

White - longest drive
IMG_9740.jpeg

Doesn't seem like the biggest disparity right? Well that one with the Red is my only drive over 300 in 45 holes with it. That's my 12th drive over 300 with the white in 45 holes. The white has just unlocked an extra gear for my driver that I didn't know I still had. It also shows that just because one head /shaft combo is perfect doesn't necessarily mean the same shaft is perfect in the next driver. Getting the proper fit every time really opens you up. I lucked in to this combo without a fitting, and I’m so thankful I did. I would have been perfectly fine playing the Red all year. It's an amazing shaft. But the White, hot damn!

So last year, I kind of had to rebuild my swing a from an insane out to in / over the top move that I developed out of nowhere. I'd always faded the ball, but this turned in to a straight up slice. After some swing work, I was fit to a Paradym X with a LinQ Red shaft. I couldn't have been happier. Loved the Red. Felt great through the swing and it fit a Mid-High/Mid profile that I've needed for awhile. Needed help getting the ball in the air and upping spin a little bit to help with my control. it did everything I wanted/needed it to last year.

Fast forward to this year and I had a new driver head (Smoke Max) that I had every intention of just plugging and playing the Red in to, and that's what I did. Worked out well at first but nothing earth shattering. I was seeing better dispersion and a more distance on mishits than last year but that all came down to the driver, not really the shaft. After a few rounds, for fun, I figured I'd throw in the LinQ White that my buddy @Nappy traded to me earlier this year. Wasn't expecting anything groundbreaking in a profile that I didn't necessarily think would fit me. But Shaft Up #1 showed that you really shouldn't have any preconceived notions on what does and doesn't work for you.

Like I stated above, I've needed help with launch for a bit so I've been playing with mid-high to high launch shafts for a full season now. A low-mid flight shaft like the white shouldn't have been where I looked to go but I am so incredibly happy I did. Below, same driver, but red and white shafts. One is the longest with the red, one is the longest with the white. Dispersion has been about the same through three rounds with each

Red - longest drive
View attachment 9257740

White - longest drive
View attachment 9257738

Doesn't seem like the biggest disparity right? Well that one with the Red is my only drive over 300 in 45 holes with it. That's my 12th drive over 300 with the white in 45 holes. The white has just unlocked an extra gear for my driver that I didn't know I still had. It also shows that just because one head /shaft combo is perfect doesn't necessarily mean the same shaft is perfect in the next driver. Getting the proper fit every time really opens you up. I lucked in to this combo without a fitting, and I’m so thankful I did. I would have been perfectly fine playing the Red all year. It's an amazing shaft. But the White, hot damn!
ummm...I might need to charge for that shaft now :ROFLMAO:

Love that this is working out for you bud. You got the better end of that trade. LOL.

I'm contemplating getting a red to "play around with" because that's how much fun I'm having with the blue currently. It'd be fun just to see the differences out there. I need to get the Blue dialed in first, but it will probably happen.

ummm...I might need to charge for that shaft now :ROFLMAO:

Love that this is working out for you bud. You got the better end of that trade. LOL.

I'm contemplating getting a red to "play around with" because that's how much fun I'm having with the blue currently. It'd be fun just to see the differences out there. I need to get the Blue dialed in first, but it will probably happen.
To be fair, I threw out that trade as a joke. When you accepted, I was shocked. I also probably wouldn't have let anyone that I didn't know personally make that trade lol

You were fit by Danny. Don't be playing around with anything yet!

To be fair, I threw out that trade as a joke. When you accepted, I was shocked. I also probably wouldn't have let anyone that I didn't know personally make that trade lol

You were fit by Danny. Don't be playing around with anything yet!
I really wanted that HZRDUS and that was before I knew I was going to Shaft Up. LOL.

It's all good.

I won't be playing around until I get the driver figured out, I just like the idea of having options. :ROFLMAO:

I know, it’s made me realize the power of a proper fitting and the curse I won’t get fit that way again unless it’s Danny lol

I know, it’s made me realize the power of a proper fitting and the curse I won’t get fit that way again unless it’s Danny lol
Grandaddy isn't bad either 😜

Didn't have any better luck with weather at league last night, but once again left myself super impressed with LinQ Blue 6TX in my Darkspeed X head. The head is so forgiving, but paired with this shaft I'm seeing a lot more stable ball flight and I'm not losing it as far right as I used to. Again, most of my tee shots were into the wind, but I did hit one picture perfect ball 200 yards into wind and kept it in the middle of the fairway. That feeling I got on contact though was addictive and something I'm going to be seeking going forward. Feedback is instantaneous with this shaft.

Can't wait to get my LinQ White 7F4's installed in my AI Smoke 3 wood and Apex 21 UW. The adapter for the 3 wood shows up today so I should hopefully have it ready for some sim time tomorrow or even this weekend on the driving range.

Weather is looking pretty iffy after the storms that came through, but I'll find somewhere to put some swings in.

Red - longest drive
View attachment 9257740

White - longest drive
View attachment 9257738

boom smile GIF

Bro! These are some bombs!!! 💣

IMG_4043.png

Still haven’t had much luck with the weather around here and it’s muddy as can be so everything just gets stuck but finally warmed enough to swing after one today. The Linq Prototype is just amazing! I’m hitting shots now that I can’t believe to get to spots to help me more on the course. Linq Red in my 3 wood has been great too. One thing I would for sure recommend is not just assuming you need the same shaft for the driver, 3 wood, hybrid/ utility wood. But getting each one having their own unique shaft.

boom smile GIF

Bro! These are some bombs!!! 💣
Yesterday and today, not so many bombs 😣

Full on lost swing during my two rounds. Figured it out after on the range today so I'll see how it goes again on Tuesday. Still full of confidence though!!

Yesterday and today, not so many bombs 😣

Full on lost swing during my two rounds. Figured it out after on the range today so I'll see how it goes again on Tuesday. Still full of confidence though!!
That’s why we play for fun and not for money 😆

I ordered a Red 5F3 on eBay to try in the AeroJet Max I got in my mystery bag

This shaft just continues to impress me. I'm still inching towards my distance goals but I'm starting to see the shot shape I want and no longer missing as far right as I did before. Feel like I've got some things working in my head and once I put it all together consistently this thing is gonna be a lot of fun.

1000013677.jpg

Another lunch range session today and it kinda blew my mind again. As I put in more and more time with this shaft I see better and better results. Been focusing on a few things. Setting up square. Keeping my swing on plane. Getting through the ball. Letting the loft of the club do the work. Using all kinds of tips/tricks that @DannyLe recommended and some swing videos (pool noodle drills) that @JB recommended. The latter I still have a lot of work to do 🤣

1000013711.jpg

At Shaft Up #1 JB and Danny kept saying over and over how close I was to getting where I need to be and now I'm seeing it. At first I was just believing them. Now the more swings I get with the Darkspeed X and LinQ Blue 6TX combo the more I'm starting to see how close I am.

So the numbers Im posting below are pretty pedestrian (especially for Internet golfers) but if you saw where I was before... barely getting to 200 (total) yards with a driver, this is almost night and day.

1000013715.png
1000013716.png
1000013717.png

I'm not a big hitter anymore, I'm willing to accept that. But 240 and maybe even 250 seems attainable now. And I say that because the numbers above are with 25mph crosswinds taking my ball right. I say that because I can feel it getting better each and every time. I say that because my swing still needs work. Once I get those swing flaws ironed out a bit more, maybe even a lesson or three....I'm drooling at the possibilities.

The shaft itself feels better and better the more time I spend with it. I only see that improving. Starting to get a feel for what I need to do on the takeaway and the downswing to really get the most out of this. The feedback remains fantastic. I know on impact almost all the time what I'm gonna get. Most of all I'm just trusting the process and trusting what Danny fit me into. I would've loved to have seem instant improvement at Victoria but these little steps have been incredibly rewarding and I can't wait to get back out and hit this combo again.

Are there any differences from the standard LINQ m40x shafts and the tspx shafts besides finish?

Finally found the thread to post my comments on the LinQ M40X Blue custom Grandaddy Shaft I have in play. I forgot the feeling of stability and knowing exactly where the driver head was at throughout the entire swing. My first round out I hit 6/7 fairways and hit some absolute bombs with it. The thing that stood out most was the feeling of being able to square the club face at contact. Launch was drastically higher than the normal chop your knee cap’s off bullets I’ve been hitting with a different shaft! I can’t wait to get back out on the course with it!!!
IMG_2997.jpeg

IMG_2996.jpeg

Back