3 putts will be the death of me!

It could be worse. I left work late yesterday, so instead of a full round, I stopped at the local par 3 9 hole course. I put 7 out of 9 on the green and then 3 putted 6 of those. Of course the one hole I had to drop on due to a bad shot in the woods, I nail a 20 footer for a 6. Never fails

Wow thats a lot of GIRs!

I'm guessing your first putts on those GIRS is pretty long... What are you thinking for that first putt? Just get it close?

Iread book that said that is a terrible thought to have... It let's you accept being short left or right....

My lags... I want to make sure I miss on the high side of the break... And miss it long... I am always trying to make the putt. I don't putt until I see it going in the hole..

If it's missed short, i never had a chance at making it... Same with missing it below the hole.

If I miss it long, I gave it a chance at going in..l and I'm confident after seeing the break... I'll make the come backer.

I can't express how important confidence is on the greens! It's amazing whe you have that aha moment.

Also it never hurts to practice long lags. Setup some known 30-40-50 footers... Let your mind remember your backswing and through swing lengths and tempo... And learn what it feels like to roll em that far.

When you have those stock shots... Warm up on the practice green and see how they are rolling...adjust and have fun!

That is some great advice!! Thanks for sharing man.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Yeah, I know. I need to quit complaining and just practice.

No

Do you know the toe hang on your putter? You just might not have a putter fit to your stroke:hungry:

I'm playing some good golf right now, minus putting. My last 3 rounds I have hit 11, 10, and 11 greens, and I 3 putted 6, 7, and 4 respectively. I shot an 80 today with 4 3 putts. It's killing me!

Is it a line thing or is it a pace thing? If you're missing the first well short that's a problem.

Alex

Back