30 for 30: You Don't Know Bo

I actually have all of the original 30 downloaded on my computer (not from netflix).

We watched 9.79 last night and it was pretty good.

I actually have all of the original 30 downloaded on my computer (not from netflix).

I think that one is on Netflix too. I want to watch that one. I also want to see the one about June 17, 1994 and the one about Iverson. I think I may buy the box set of all of them.

No problem War!

didnt know these were on Netflix, will be my next lunchtime watch once Im done with the league, huge fan of BO!

Watching June 17, 1994 now. Looks good.

Truly amazing how messed up that entire deal was.

I finally got to watch this. I have one question, one of the things that struck me as odd was the writer who said "he was a shell of himself when he came back". I was too young to remember watching the real Bo Jackson, but I remember when I was getting into baseball in 93 and 94, he was obviously still a legend. I seem to remember him still being one of the better hitters in the league. I looked up his stats, and statistically he had a really good season in 94. I know his speed wasn't there, but his bat was still pretty spectacular. Although the season was strike shortened, his batting avg was his career best and he was still slugging over .500. Pretty damn good if you ask me.

Either way Bo was a freak, we will always wonder what might have been.

I finally got to watch this. I have one question, one of the things that struck me as odd was the writer who said "he was a shell of himself when he came back". I was too young to remember watching the real Bo Jackson, but I remember when I was getting into baseball in 93 and 94, he was obviously still a legend. I seem to remember him still being one of the better hitters in the league. I looked up his stats, and statistically he had a really good season in 94. I know his speed wasn't there, but his bat was still pretty spectacular. Although the season was strike shortened, his batting avg was his career best and he was still slugging over .500. Pretty damn good if you ask me.

Either way Bo was a freak, we will always wonder what might have been.

It's true he wasn't the same. I remember watching an update when he was working at coming back he was do hydro therapy by running in a pool (revolutionary at the time) and I knew if he made it back he was just going to be another guy. He and Frank Thomas could have done something special with the Sox. I have a biased opinion that if he stayed healthy he could have ended up in two hall of fames.

It's true he wasn't the same. I remember watching an update when he was working at coming back he was do hydro therapy by running in a pool (revolutionary at the time) and I knew if he made it back he was just going to be another guy. He and Frank Thomas could have done something special with the Sox. I have a biased opinion that if he stayed healthy he could have ended up in two hall of fames.

I don't think that is a stretch at all, he was the most dominant rusher ever over a short period of time, and was a great ballplayer as well. It sucks what happened.

I don't think that is a stretch at all, he was the most dominant rusher ever over a short period of time, and was a great ballplayer as well. It sucks what happened.

One freak play. And it didn't really look like it was bad when it happened. I never saw him play football in person, but I saw him at many Royals games.

Bo Jackson was an awesome athlete, and its hard to exaggerate his ability, but you have very little factual evidence to back up that superlative. Bo was playing at the same time as Eric Dickerson, Barry Sanders, Thurman Thomas, Herschel Walker, and many other premiere running backs. The league was as much about RBs as QBs back then.

I know Bo only played half seasons, and he had to split his carries with Marcus Allen. If he had dedicated himself to football it is possible he would have emerged from the pack of excellent running backs to be the best of them all -- and its also possible the grind of a 16 game season would have worn him down and exposed his flaws. To claim he was "the most dominant rusher ever", though, for any period of time, is just plain biased.

He was a truly gifted athlete and exciting to watch in both sports.

He was a stud that's for sure...no telling how good he could have been had he concentrated on one or the other.

I need to catch this edition, I saw him play in college and he was certainly special. He is my second favorite #34 of all time.

I need to catch this edition, I saw him play in college and he was certainly special. He is my second favorite #34 of all time.

Herschel is my 2nd favorite #34 of all time. We have good taste.

I generally enjoy the 30 For 30 series and was looking forward to the Bo one. Watched it and came away a little disappointed. Nothing really new or groundbreaking in it. Just my 2 cents.

We finally watched this just now, and I loved it. Remembering all of the things he did, and actually seeing some of them in person was pretty cool. Too bad that one play ruined a dual Hall of Fame career.

Bo was just voted the best athlete of all time by ESPN in a bracket vote. I agree with that.

Bo was just voted the best athlete of all time by ESPN in a bracket vote. I agree with that.

I agree as well, but I'm a homer. Such a short career to judge by though.

I agree as well, but I'm a homer. Such a short career to judge by though.

Yeah it's too bad. Still, as just a raw athlete, I say him, Jim Brown, or Wilt Chamberlain. I'm glad Bo won it. He was a monster.

Yeah it's too bad. Still, as just a raw athlete, I say him, Jim Brown, or Wilt Chamberlain. I'm glad Bo won it. He was a monster.

I agree with Bo and having his career cut short sucked. Wilt couldn't be anything but go, he was taller then everyone in a game that was played from the outside. Jim brown, meh

I agree with Bo and having his career cut short sucked. Wilt couldn't be anything but go, he was taller then everyone in a game that was played from the outside. Jim brown, meh

Bo was a man among boys in college. Watching his old games is just special to see.

Just watched the 30 for 30 Youngstown Boys about Tressel and Clarette and came away with some really mixed emotions. Really good watch whether or not you are an tOSU fan.

Just watched the 30 for 30 Youngstown Boys about Tressel and Clarette and came away with some really mixed emotions. Really good watch whether or not you are an tOSU fan.

My Bro-in-law was talking about this one, today. He is a big OSU guy, and said the same things as what you posted. I need to watch it.

My Bro-in-law was talking about this one, today. He is a big OSU guy, and said the same things as what you posted. I need to watch it.

It's really weird. I almost came away feeling sorry for Clarette and Tressel seeming like an even bigger scumbag than I had originally believed with all his preaching.

The good news is Clarette seems to be doing some good things with his life and whatever transgressions he has made in the past he seems to be moving forward. He's actually back attending tOSU getting his undergrad degree.

Can you imagine the strength needed to give yourself that kind of injury? Yet his speed was world class in of itself. He was a once in a century type athlete, I wish I had the chance to see him live.

Another espn movie I really liked was Book of Manning, such a down to earth family.

Back