A friend I will miss.

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
I dont share personal things like this too often, nor do I start threads about these kind of things. However, this time I will.

Doing what I do for a living, death is something that I have to deal with on a frequent basis. However, rarely does it hit me hard on a personal level. 5 years ago I met a a gentleman in a Nursing Home that I was working with, he was a Veteran and was an absolute joy to talk to. Regardless of his situation, he always had a smile on his face and a great story to tell. No matter where I was working, I always found a a way to stop by at least once a week to say hello and chat it up. About a week ago, when I went to say hello, the bed was empty. Instant pit in the bottom of my stomach. There were some complications, and the thought was that he would pull through.

I received a phone call this morning, my friend is no longer with us. It hit me like a ton of bricks. Selfishly, I expected him to pull through like he always had, and never made it to say goodbye.

He was the kind of man that taught me that no matter the situation, there was always a way to find humor in life. Always a reason to smile. Always a reason to be happy. I will never forget the stories he told me and the laughs that we shared. He was a good friend, and one that I will surely miss.

That's a bummer, War Eagle. Sorry for your loss. It sounds like you both brought a little joy to each other's lives.

Sorry to hear about this War. Sounds like he was a great guy to just sit around and talk with. I'm sure you brought some happiness to his life the same way he did to yours.

Really sad War. One part of healthcare I am not looking forward to

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Sorry to hear this, but I applaud you for being such a good dude and visiting this guy and am happy for the friendship that was developed

So sorry to hear that War. Thoughts go your way.

War I'm really sorry to hear this. Keep your spirits up.

Terribly sorry to hear this buddy. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear that War, we are all here for you dude. Glad you both had some great conversations together, I'm sure he really enjoyed your company as well.

Sorry to hear man. Sounds like each of you brought a little sunshine to each others thoughts. Keep your head up and remember the good times/talks.

Sorry to hear about the loss of a friend. He sounds like a great person! Prayers are with you.

That really sucks Ryan. It sounds like he was a great man and definitely someone who you will have fond memories of for sure. Sorry about your loss buddy.

Sorry to hear War.

Oh, I'm sorry War. But, take some solace in knowing that you brought him friendship in the last few years of his life. I'm am sure that he looked forward to your visits as you did to see him for your weekly chats.

Sorry to hear about that War.

Sucks to hear Ryan, puts everything in perspective thats for sure.

That stinks dude, but it sounds like the message he passed on to you will be passed on to others, and that's the greatest gift ever.

I am sorry to gear this Ryan. It sounds like you shared a pretty special bond with him and I guarantee you that your efforts to visit him meant a ton to him as well.

Really sorry to hear this WE. Sounds like you guys really appreciated each other though, and that's what matters.

Sad to hear War Eagle.

You're a good man War. I knew it the moment we shook hands and no doubt you have touched many lives, in your line of work.

Sorry for your loss WE, cherish the memories. :)

sorry for your loss War.... seemed like a great guy

Sorry to hear about your friend, War.

Back