A little help for a rookie on the HP forum ???

steve sjr1230

Reaction score
Was introduced to this forum by a couple of seasoned members whom I ran into during a round at South Pines, NC, this past weekend. I joined due to their glowing review of this forum.
After searching and reading the " How to use...." thread, the forum has so many threads and posts, it's a bit overwhelming.
So,
1) how do I search or get notices for members going to certain areas for some rounds
2) how do I find out if there's any tournaments happening in my area... Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I am fairly new to this addiction. I am a 50 yo, who picked up this addictive sport 3yrs ago because of COVID.
I am onto my 3rd set of clubs within 3yrs ...lol.

Any help for a rookie, please ??
I will polish your golf shoes for your help, if we ever play a round together :)

Welcome to THP! Have family in the Six and in Nova Scotia. Happy to have more from the great white north posting.

I usually perform a search using very specific keywords instead of clicking on each of the forums when I am looking for something.

Was introduced to this forum by a couple of seasoned members whom I ran into during a round at South Pines, NC, this past weekend. I joined due to their glowing review of this forum.
After searching and reading the " How to use...." thread, the forum has so many threads and posts, it's a bit overwhelming.
So,
1) how do I search or get notices for members going to certain areas for some rounds
2) how do I find out if there's any tournaments happening in my area... Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I am fairly new to this addiction. I am a 50 yo, who picked up this addictive sport 3yrs ago because of COVID.

I will polish your golf shoes for your help, if we ever play a round together :)
Welcome aboard!

Welcome to THP! The "Regional Discussions, Gatherings & Course Reviews" sub-forum is where you'll find information about local gatherings - or you can post a thread of your own if you don't find one for your area. THP also hosts numerous Experiences throughout the year in conjunction with many different golf-related OEMs, which any member of the THP Albatross Club is eligible to enter to be a part of.

Hope you enjoy the community here at THP!

:welcome:

So,

Steve! Glad you signed up! Me and @Keith Prater enjoyed the round Sunday. I think you’re going to enjoy the forum.

Welcome! Seems like you gotten some good pointers so far

So,

Steve! @will and I had a great time during our round at Southern Pines! Just browse the forums, there’s a thread for meetups, and you can always organize one for golfers in your area. I’ve met some incredible people because of THP. Hope you enjoy the forum and welcome!

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

So,

First welcome to THP and hopefully you can dive in and get the information you need. To answer your questions

1. This will take you to most "regional" discussions between members - https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...nal-discussions-gatherings-course-reviews.23/ - if you click the "watch" button then you can set up the type of notifications you want to see/receive
  2. THP doesn't keep track or post "tournament" information, but does host what we call "Experiences" and those will have threads pop up throughout. Depending on the type of experience, they will mostly be in the "All Things Equipment" forum - https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/index.php?forums/#all-things-equipment.15
  3. Also take a look and consider joining the Albatross Club, as it will allow entry into experiences, but also a lot of smaller contests throughout the year. The best part you are helping a great organization that is near and dear to all of us here. https://www.thehackersparadise.com/.../the-2024-albatross-club-is-now-open.8957019/
have fun and ask away with any questions.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

Key word searches help, I've struggled as well when I've seen a thread and can't remember it exactly and it disappeared.

Dive deep, don't be scared, it's only internet golfers 🤣

Welcome aboard… !!!

Welcome :thp:

Welcome to THP!

Back