JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
If he denied it, he would have been crucified. When he came clean, he is getting crucified. He came clean the same way Andy Petite did and he is getting no where near the same treatment. He messed up, owned up for it. If this was a true fan favorite, he would not have this same treatment.

He's not a fan favorite (NY anyway) because he is a MONSTROUS choke artist.

We Sox fans are LOVING all this attention!

I think it is ridiculous how this was even leaked. All of the evidence from 2003 was supposed to be demolished after 30 days. It's only fair to release all of the other "victims".

• Admin
Im not going to get into whether or not he has choked, because he has struggled in the post season. But where is the "choke" label on Jeter who he has out hit for several years in the playoffs.

If he denied it, he would have been crucified. When he came clean, he is getting crucified. He came clean the same way Andy Petite did and he is getting no where near the same treatment. He messed up, owned up for it. If this was a true fan favorite, he would not have this same treatment.

It was not to big of deal to me, but I forgive him. In fact, I am impressed with his admission. We have all made mistakes in our lives, even though the media is hammering him right now, I think the public will forgive him.

Im not going to get into whether or not he has choked, because he has struggled in the post season. But where is the "choke" label on Jeter who he has out hit for several years in the playoffs.

Probably buried underneath Jeter's 4 rings, I'm guessing. Now throw 'roids into the mix ... Jeter's star shines even more brightly in Yankee fans' eyes.

• Admin
He was on bad teams during Jeter's ring era. Jeter has done absolutely nothing since then. But can do no wrong in NY fans eyes. Let them have him. At this point, he is very overrated to most experts. Average hitter, average fielder, good leader, huge contract.

You're right, JB. Definitely his skills are diminishing. I wonder if that's because he didn't take steroids.

I'm no Jeter fan, but even as a Sox fan, I can acknowledge he has class and has never had any allegations of cheating (in baseball, on his wife, etc.)

• Admin
We dont know if he never took anything. Nobody thought half of these guys took something. Heck just last year the world was saying they could not wait for ARod to break Bonds' record.

yeah, but he didn't man up until he got caught! He is on tape in 2007 saying he never felt the need to use them and that he was always an aggressive and competitive person... but now he's saying he was young and felt the pressure to complete

He was on bad teams during Jeter's ring era. Jeter has done absolutely nothing since then. But can do no wrong in NY fans eyes. Let them have him. At this point, he is very overrated to most experts. Average hitter, average fielder, good leader, huge contract.

He was the World series MVP in 2000. His diving catch against the A's in the 2001 playoffs. His flip to home plate to tag out Giambi. He has had some great moments and some big hits. Arod gets the choke artist award for the crappy 2004 and 2005 postseason, that and Yankee fans are usually idiots.

DD,
Neither did anybody else. How about Petite that was cheered after apologizing.

As a long time Yankee fan I'll chime in, and JB yes you can do wrong in the eyes of a NY fan...in all sports. Tiki, Stephan Marburry, Plaxico, Eli Manning, Jeter, A-Rod...need I go on?? Al those guys are or have been under the bus big time!!

A-Rod is more of an underachiever than he is overated, there are a lot of teams that would scoop him up in a minute, maybe not at the Yankees price, and now less so with the "roid" talk.

Jeter is very well respected around the league and has been a great player and leader for the Yankees. Sure his ability isn't what it once was, but he is an assett to that clubhouse.

yeah, but he didn't man up until he got caught! He is on tape in 2007 saying he never felt the need to use them and that he was always an aggressive and competitive person... but now he's saying he was young and felt the pressure to complete

Well, yeah...what are you going to say? Think about it. No one knows that you took steroids, why would you just say "Yeah, I took them."

Well, yeah...what are you going to say? Think about it. No one knows that you took steroids, why would you just say "Yeah, I took them."

I completely agree... but at the same time he wasn't exactly mum about it all in the past. He is on record simply lying in interviews... I think they all need to be exposed, all 103 or whatever the number was

I completely agree... but at the same time he wasn't exactly mum about it all in the past. He is on record simply lying in interviews... I think they all need to be exposed, all 103 or whatever the number was

I agree. If you let out one name - why should his whole career be tainted and not the others?

No they should not. These were supposed to be kept quiet and they should be.

But if one leak completely ruined a players career, why should the others be innocent?

Because it is not THEIR fault his name got leaked.

But if one leak completely ruined a players career, why should the others be innocent?

either way it sends a pathetic message to the youth of this country and the world... athletes in the major sports are pathetic and for that I can't stand the major sports

Im with you on this, it was supposed to be a survey drug test.

I agree with you JB, he was/is in a no win situation. DD you can complain about him not "manning" up until he got caught, what was his alternative? If he would have said in that interview that he was or had used, he still would have been screwed.

The test results should have been destroyed, that was the agreement or assumption of the players that took the test. Apparently MLB and the players union failed to request the destruction of the test and results after the research was done. That is ridiculous.

I'm just curious if anybody knows when steroids was actually listed as a banned substance by the league. (I understand that possessing and taking steroids is illegal without a Dr.'s prescription.) IIRC, when McGuire got caught taking androstenedione it wasn't a banned substance until after the fact. I still believe if MLB didn't have a drug policy and testing in place at the time that these players were using the performance enhancing drugs then there is nothing that could or should be done.

I'm just curious if anybody knows when steroids was actually listed as a banned substance by the league.

I think it was 2004, but I could be wrong.

I think it was 2004, but I could be wrong.

How can you punish a player for taking something that wasn't on the "banned" list? They have gone over board banning stuff that can be purchased over the counter at your local GNC.

I really don't care if A-Rod rots. He's the worst thing to ever happen to the Rangers. The whole team seems to have hated having him around, he was a real jerk here.

Sure, the Rangers stink, always have; but he was brought in in an attempt to boost the talent, and act as a leader here to help the team rise to a higher level of play. He collected his $25M per year, and basically flipped everyone the bird.

Back