Accra isteel shafts

Audioclyde

Randy
Reaction score
Handicap
8.7 GHIN
I've been given a new uncut set of Accra isteel 105 shafts, 5-GW. If I understand correctly, if just butt trimmed to stock playing length these would be R flex (for Accra). I would like for them to be somewhere between R and S flex. Anyone have any input as to how the shafts should be trimmed (I assume some tip trimming is possible) to make these play a little stiffer than R flex?

Thanks!

Randy

I did a little searching on them. I couldn't find any information to suggest that there is a .370 parallel tip version. It looks to me like these are .355 and should not be tip trimmed. From reading a little on Accra's site it appears they are intended to dial in a flex or frequency based upon having a larger set of beginning lengths (10 vs the normal 8). So to achieve a firmer flex you would have to hard-step the shorter shafts into longer clubs before butt trimming, and a softer flex by soft-stepping longer shafts into shorter clubs. If this process was not able to achieve the desired flex, you would then likely have to move up or down accordingly in weight (105/115/125). If you have a 5-GW set, I don't think you have much, if any, room to affect flex.

Thanks Joe; that's basically the same conclusion I've come to.

there's very little information on these. I played the 125's all last year. Mine were built by club champion. I know on the website it says it allows club builders to dial in performance but my guess is they either hard step or soft step to achieve desired flex

Back