Adams Fast 12 Driver & FW Wood Forum Review

I really do apologize for not updating in the last few days friends. I brought it early but the weather just isn't cooperating right now. We actually have a chance of snow tomorrow, haha. Plus, I knew that I'd be out of town this past weekend along with the upcoming weekend. I think Thursday and Friday could be promising days for me to do some testing though - I've had the itch to swing something other than a 60 degree wedge in my back yard.

Can someone compare the to a Ping K15?

Hanks probably could better than anybody since he's had both drivers. I have only used the K15 on the range at THP Demo Day.

I'm going to be stacking the Fast12 up against the Bridgestone J40 for a while here but I will say that they are 2 completely different drivers. The Fast12 is light and obviously fast where as the J40 is not a lightweight club but more of a solid/heavier club. Mind you that's not to say that the J40 is heavy...just not as light as the Fast12. I'm really looking forward to this comparison to see what the differences are in 2 very different drivers.

night and day. the K15 feels like a brick compared to the Fast 12. the Adams is really really light and I don't think can be swung with a 'I'm going after the ball' swing like the K15 can. I think the K15 is way more stable and forgiving than the Adams is as well.

How does this compare to the R11 and also to the 910 D2? I have hit the r11 and every shot was this really low line drive that went about 190. I also plan to demo the 910 later on this week. I am interested in the Adams because of the way it felt while taking practice swings in the pro shop here on fripp island. However, I love the look of the D2. Thanks!

How does this compare to the R11 and also to the 910 D2? I have hit the r11 and every shot was this really low line drive that went about 190. I also plan to demo the 910 later on this week. I am interested in the Adams because of the way it felt while taking practice swings in the pro shop here on fripp island. However, I love the look of the D2. Thanks!
You're talking about 3 totally different drivers. The Fast12 stacks up in terms of performance but there is nothing really to compare them on because of how much different they really are. I've hit all 3 and I'd say that Fast12 is the easiest of the 3 to hit solidly and straight.

Fast 12 > R11. I never did like the R11 much. Didn't find it very forgiving or long for my swing. Id take the Fast 12 any day. Now if you compare the Fast 12 to the R11s it might be much closer. Ive hit the R11s very well and very straight the few times Ive hit it. But never outside. The 910 is a great driver IMO. I might tend to lean towards the 910 but Id say hit them both if you can and see what works best for you. You have better shaft choices and the ability to adjust the 910 so maybe its not a fair comparison.

You're talking about 3 totally different drivers. The Fast12 stacks up in terms of performance but there is nothing really to compare them on because of how much different they really are. I've hit all 3 and I'd say that Fast12 is the easiest of the 3 to hit solidly and straight.

Fast 12 > R11. I never did like the R11 much. Didn't find it very forgiving or long for my swing. Id take the Fast 12 any day. Now if you compare the Fast 12 to the R11s it might be much closer. Ive hit the R11s very well and very straight the few times Ive hit it. But never outside. The 910 is a great driver IMO. I might tend to lean towards the 910 but Id say hit them both if you can and see what works best for you. You have better shaft choices and the ability to adjust the 910 so maybe its not a fair comparison.

2 pretty good answers right there

2 pretty good answers right there

Thanks dude, I hope TMex gets jealous when he sees me stealing your praise away.

Thanks dude, I hope TMex gets jealous when he sees me stealing your praise away.

Marcs won't mind. Though he can become the jealous type if someone starts sweet talking One-T

Hey guys, just back from holiday and i picked the club up today from customs. I done a little unboxing video, my first one so go easy.

cheers barry

Congrats on getting your club Barry, not sure if you were speaking english or not lol but congrats dude.

Congrats on getting your club Barry, not sure if you were speaking english or not lol but congrats dude.

I understood every other word of what you said, bro! Don't listen to Kev.

Nice unboxing video. I always love these because it's the one thing that everyone can relate to. GETTING A NEW CLUB!!! Even if there is lots of work attached to it, it's still fun!

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

I've been hearing LOTS of bad reviews about this club's forgiveness. Can any of the testers here lay those statements to rest for sure? Or is there a possibility that Adams missed the mark with that one? I've read through the thread (somewhat) but it seems like a lot of straddling the line going on in this aspect.

I've been hearing LOTS of bad reviews about this club's forgiveness. Can any of the testers here lay those statements to rest for sure? Or is there a possibility that Adams missed the mark with that one? I've read through the thread (somewhat) but it seems like a lot of straddling the line going on in this aspect.

Can't speak on the driver, but I haven't found the fairway wood to be very forgiving.

This was an earlier post I made:

To expand on that -

Pretty good low on the face. Thin shots with fairway woods are usually not bad as long as the ball can run.

Not seeing anything exceptional high on the face. Just a higher ball that goes less far.

Towards the toe seems pretty good.

Heel is the worst in terms of sidespin and distnace for me. Plus, it feels awful.

I think it's pretty forgiving high/low on the face (definite distance lost but still flies straight) while left/right sees distance loss and a pretty large dispersion. That said, it's pretty easy to find the center of the club face once you get used to it.

Tap before talk.

I pretty much agree with what Adams said. I find it to be forgiving but not the most forgiving or the least. The ones out toward the toe seem to be really bad while I've found if you hit it too high on the face I seem to get the high pop up that lands short.

haha nah i was speaking Scottish

*in best Robin Williams Scottish accent* F@C& NO!!! We're gonna do it eighteen F@C&ING times!!!

haha nah i was speaking Scottish

haha when you get on the range with your Fast 12 can you summon your best William Wallace voice and say "they may take our lives but they will never take
our freedom!"

I'm not a tester but I will weigh in. The center of the face is actually pretty large, because of it's sheer size. But towards the toe or heel there is little forgiveness. The length and weight of the club make it easy for me to over swing the driver. But if you catch the center I've found the club to be very long.

For the fairway wood I'd say it's somewhat forgiving, but if it's off the toe or heel it seems to curve quite a bit. And really high on the face get's it super launch with quite a bit of loss in distance. But there's still that larger area in the middle of the club, that if it hits somewhere in there it get's pretty good distance and forgiveness for me. I'll try and get a pic after my range session this week. We're finally off mats and I can't wait to work this club hard!

Well, i gave it another go, then I traded it in. Too long, to light, and unforgiving. :arrogant:

Well, i gave it another go, then I traded it in. Too long, to light, and unforgiving. :arrogant:

Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Tap before talk.

That's too bad, I can see where some might say it's too light if they're not used to a real light weight driver. The unforgiving part I'm personally not really seeing much of myself. I have found the forgiveness on my miss (higher on the club face) to be quite fine. I've hit a couple on the toe and definitely don't get the performance but that's to be expected I think. Good luck with whatever you traded in for!

Back