April 8 Solar Eclipse

Scott F

I Putter Around
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Anyone planning to make a trip to see the total eclipse coming up April 8? I live in Northern Indiana about 100 miles from the path of totality. My wife and I will drive over and make a day of it. I’m hoping to see if my iPhone can take a good video of it. Has anyone here ever witnessed a total eclipse?

My son is in Bloomington Indiana which is right smack in the middle of totality. He should have a great view.

I was going to be in Ennis TX through the 6th so me and the wife are going to stay the extra couple days to take it in.

Please use eye protection if going to view this. The sun is like looking directly at a weld

So many dumbasses about to dumba**.
I know... I've been singing the eye protection song to make life easier for me Monday night. Mondays are usually the worst day in the ER anyways

My house is in the path of totality; I'll walk out in the backyard to take a gander. It will be weird to be in total darkness at about 1:30 in the afternoon.

I know... I've been singing the eye protection song to make life easier for me Monday night. Mondays are usually the worst day in the ER anyways
My wife has been saying the same, she's not looking forward to the idiots she has to take care of in the ER after this.

Meanwhile, I have to manage to keep the old folks from being outside and staring straight in to the sun!

My wife has been saying the same, she's not looking forward to the idiots she has to take care of in the ER after this.

Meanwhile, I have to manage to keep the old folks from being outside and staring straight in to the sun!
Gonna be an annoying day

Gonna be an annoying day
Today was a freaking full moon without a full moon.

Wife worked a full day in the ER with crazies, and I was sending people out to the hospital left and right, everyone turned in to a psych case! It's going to be a looooong weekend.

I am flying from Dallas to Detroit and then driving to Rochester on Sunday. I am severely hoping that traffic on Sunday isn’t anywhere near as bad as they are predicting on Monday. I just want to get home after a long work trip the past two weeks.

Oh hotels are overbooked. Lots of people coming into town to see it.

I'm right on the line. School gave everybody free glasses and the day off.

I am not in the direct path but should still have a decent view.

If I remember I’ll go check it out

Nah. I have seen enough partial and total eclipses. The best one I ever saw was while snowmobiling in Minnesota in 1979. Detroit will have a good portion of the sun blocked out anyhow, so I wont have to travel........

Weather looks clear here. We are at about 90-95% totality and around 3:15-3:30pm for peak. Have never witnessed 100%. Many partials but never total

It will be a little bit west and north but I’m interested in checking it out.

They have had signs on the highway for the last couple weeks to expect delays on 4/8 because of the eclipse. In addition, there have been PSA’s about travel here in NY on Monday and possible fuel shortage issues because of the number of people traveling into the areas of totality.

No. I don’t plan to look directly at the sun during the event.

We’re directly in the path. They’re saying 1.2 million people are going to be coming in to watch it….our population is only about a million

Georgetown is directly in the path. I got 2 pair of viewing glasses for the wife and I. My son, who lives 13 minutes away, has people staying at his house from all over to view the eclipse.

I’m in the path of totality. Have eclipse glasses and will be watching from the backyard.

We are on the edge of the path, but will be driving one hour North to my dad's, because his town is directly in the path.

We have our aas-approved glasses ready, and are looking forward to what is most-likely a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence! :cool:

My wife just asked if we can drive out to Texas to see it. It’s a 20 hour drive to the closest point of totality for us. I told her there’s no way I’m making that drive last minute. Now my wife is mad at me. Still better than 40+ hours of driving the next 4 days

We are in the path of totality. (Which sounds like a cult). “Have you walked the path of totality? Let me give you this pamphlet.”

I‘ll be playing that morning and then watching the eclipse at home with the family. Should be a cool experience if it’s not too cloudy. There’s been a huge lead up to this on the local news. I can’t imagine what this would be like centuries ago if no one knew it was coming. Lots of end times chaos I would imagine.

Niagara Falls declared a state of emergency at the beginning of the week. They are fully closing most of the roads in and out. All I've seen this week on the news are videos of the OPP saying DO NOT STOP on the highway to look at the eclipse - they will be patrolling the roads and fining people who do.

Apparently the demand for hotel rooms was so great they started cancelling reservations from a year ago so they could rebook them at the new rate of 1K plus. Imagine how disappointed those people who paid a grand for a room are when it's cloudy Monday.....

Back