April 8 Solar Eclipse

I got my kid from daycare around noon and we drove a couple of hours north to be in the path of totality. Ended up meeting my father at a golf course that we played 4-5 years ago. Long day and the drive home was terrible, but I’m glad we did this. It was pretty damn cool to see it live. It got cooler and darker out.

View attachment 9255496

View attachment 9255497
It was pretty cool to see, although not totality, in downtown Albany. It must have been something special a couple hours North.

It was pretty cool to see, although not totality, in downtown Albany. It must have been something special a couple hours North.
So glad I did it. If nothing else it was cool to experience it with little dude and my father. Won’t be able to do that again.

My house lies right along the edge of the path of totality. I went for the full experience starting Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon at 2:30 PM and it hit the final lyrics of the song Eclipse at 3:12 during the peak of the eclipse.

"And everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon"

It was really trippy because everything was dead silent and calm in my neighborhood at that point.

Blocked out time for a long lunch to watch it. Was mostly cloudy with some openings here and there. At100% totality, clouds opened up and was amazing.

had a great view with my custom glasses.

IMG_0531.jpeg

Cool shadows cast through the lattice on our patio
IMG_6331.jpeg

IMG_0901.jpeg

All landscaping and motion lights come on during totality.

IMG_6399.jpeg

Science out did itself today. Wasnt into the hype, but glad i enjoyed it with wife and son. pretty awe inspiring act with totality here in Cleveland.

Even out of the totality, on the shores of Lake St Clair (just N of Deroit) the outdoor lighting came on and it got pretty dark.

Got to watch the totality from the 10th fairway. Being in the Cleveland area, It was pretty cool to have the opportunity to experience this.

We drove an hour North to my dad's to watch from his house, because where he lives was in the "path of totality." (Where we live was going to be about 95%)

It was awesome!

For those 4 minutes of darkness, the temperature dropped about 10 degrees, the wind seemed to die down, and it got eerily quiet.

So cool.

Glad we took the time and effort to enjoy it. :cool:

We stood around the car park like a bunch of dorks. It was surreal with the light fading then going dark.

PXL_20240408_191523692.PORTRAIT.jpg

It was my 40th birthday yesterday, and we had a big party for the eclipse. My wife bought me a telescope for my birthday, so I had that set up with a solar filter that I pulled off during totality. Then everyone broke out singing Happy Birthday during totality. It was surreal. The photo of totality is a bit washed out but you can see some solar flares. What a day!

1000019735.jpg

I was actually out playing in a scramble tournament… and it was fun to be able to watch the eclipse progress. It will be a good memory.

Was playing in a scramble tournament. It was a very cool experience. It also helped that we won the tournament. :)

Back