Are Flop Shots part of your game?

I’ll play around with them during practice but………I don’t have the stones to take it to the course unless it’s an awesome lie and there are no other options

I have it in the bag but try not to use it unless it is the only way to get it close.

As a higher handicapper I shouldn't... but when I was younger and more skilled I used to love those trick shot videos especially the ones with Phil doing crazy things with a lob wedge so I used to go out to the course when noone was there and just mess around for hours with a lob wedge. Those kind of high and short shots are somewhat of a comfort shot now. There's a lot of other parts of my game that scare me a lot more than a flop shot. Now I'm older and wiser I also only pull it out when I need to though.

I probably hit 1 flop shot per round. I am pretty confident in the shot, so it doesn't bother me to hit it.

I have not hit a flop in a few months, but after this topic came up, I had to hit 2 of them today. Neither were perfect, but both were "fine". They got over what they needed to, but were not close to the hole.

My chipping is better than my flop game.

Back