Are Sunglasses Optional?

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Having a chat elsewhere about this, I realized it's just 100% standard for me to take sunglasses to the course and wear them pretty much any time I am outside with even a hint of sun in the forecast.

Is it an optional thing for you? Can you get away without them?

I can get away without them, but my preference is to have them versus not. It's probably more habit than anything and usually the only time they are coming off is when I putt.

Absolutely not. My regular glasses are transitions I do very little without thrm.

Strangely I never wear them on the course, even though I basically always wear them any other time I’m outside. I also don’t wear hats so I’m really roughing it out there.

I play early morning rounds so maybe that helps? Not sure.

I wear mine when outside almost always, often it not even bright out, but by the time I realize it my eyes are already used to having them on. They don't generally come off on the golf course unless it's really overcast.

If I’m outdoors, for any length of time, I’m wearing polarized sunglasses

My eyes are way too sensitive to light. At this point it's a must or else I am having a bad time.

Almost always wear sunglasses, except when golfing

I wear sunglasses if there's enough sun or glare to make me squint. I've also been wearing sunglasses if it's bright enough to wear them because my wife gave me some smart glasses for Christmas so I started a TicTok/Instagram/YouTube channel and have been filming my rounds if I can.

I keep a pair in my bag. They mess with my depth perception, so I have to take them off between shots, and subsequently I don't end up using them very much

I can get away without them, but I don't want to. I have to update my prescription sunglasses. I'm considering a lighter tint so I can wear them on days the sun isn't out in full force. I only got one set of eyes, might as well try to extend their useful life is how I look at it.

I finally bought prescription sunglasses around 3 years ago, and wondered what took me so long.

Prior to that, if I was outdoors, I would just wear regular eyeglasses. Sunglasses? Nah, who needs sun protection for their eyes.

My eyes are so much less strained and tired nowadays. I can't believe I went without them for so long.

Part of playing golf is looking cool whilst doing it, so shades 99% of the time for me LOL. I don’t have golf specific lenses as such, but I do have brown non polarized lenses for my golf shades. All my other sunglasses are grey polarized.

I have sunglasses in my car and like to wear them when I drive. I will also wear them if we are going to the lake or something. Otherwise I dont wear them much. I absolutely CANNOT wear them golfer.. It wigs me out.

I need them with my blue eyes in the Texas sun. I play in polarized prescription Ray Ban aviators (gray lens) or Clubmasters (amber lens) depending on the light conditions, cloud cover, etc.

I have sunglasses in my car and like to wear them when I drive. I will also wear them if we are going to the lake or something. Otherwise I dont wear them much. I absolutely CANNOT wear them golfer.. It wigs me out.
why?

I do both - sometimes sunglasses and other times not. Have not noticed any difference in score or green reading. But, they are prescription - if that matters, and brown lenses which supposedly are easier to see/read greens with .

I wear sunglasses everywhere else, but I absolutely cannot wear them when golfing. CAN. NOT. They drive me nuts, it feels like I'm wearing a blindfold or something and it messes me up big time. It's all in my head, but it's a thing. I wear them to the course, they go on my hat, and I put them back on after the round.

I'll sometimes wear them in between shots, especially if it's windy/dusty, but they go back on my cap before I address my ball.

I am not a sunglasses person. I do not wear them to drive or play golf. I don't wear them at all.

Back