Are you guys using a 7 wood?

JimmyOhio

Reaction score
Handicap
I currently have no woods in my bag aside from my driver. I took the 3 and 5 wood out of my bag about 7 years ago. I got a 3 hybrid and basically use that for all second shots on par 5's and any shot over 185 yards. Not crazy about the low ball flight. Considering adding a 7 wood to the bag. Tell me about your experiences with your 7 wood and which scenarios you use it for most often?

Have you had the chance to hit the UW yet? It truly is a marvel, and I say that as a long time 5-Wood lover.

Have you had the chance to hit the UW yet? It truly is a marvel, and I say that as a long time 5-Wood lover.
Not yet but I am certainly intrigued. Do they have a 20-21 degree version?

I'm not currently carrying a 7W, but I used to and it was the one club in my bag that if I had absolutely nothing going on with my game that day, I could make some kind of decent shot with it. Such a forgiving club.

I’m currently a member of the No Fairway wood association. NWA for short.

Not yet but I am certainly intrigued. Do they have a 20-21 degree version?
They do! It’s one of the best clubs I’ve tested in a long time.

Had a Heavenwood for probably 6-7 years. It was absolutely my security blanket for many, many rounds. Finally swapped it out for a Hy-Wood this season for a bit more distance and better turf interaction.

Dabbling with one, once again. Had not used one in over 8 years but I picked up a Tour Edge Exotics XG6 that may unseat a hybrid.

I have and it’s such a good club.

I have a 7w in the bag. Absolutely love it! Use it off the tee and on approach shots from the fairway. Easy to adjust for distance with gripping down a little and swinging a little easier… according to Arccos, my smart range is 199 - 206 yards.

I’m definitely glad I took a shot and picked one up!

Titleist TS2 7wood at 21 degrees and cut to 5 wood playing length of 42”. 200-210 yards or so. Use it from the fairway, rough and off the tee on shorter par 4s.

Have never played a 7 wood but have a couple of UW’s (17° & 21°) in my bag to start 2022 season.

Yes, use a Radspeed 7 wood and love it. Also use a 3 and 5 Radspeed woods. Could not hit a 3 wood last year, but worked through the winter with it and have finally hitting it good now.

UW is a solid choice. Look at Cobra King Tec hybrid as well. So easy to launch and long.

Currently have a 7w and a Heavenwood in the bag. Found them both reliable (for me) off tee and turf, even in winter wet…

A

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I play a 20* wood in the bag. hard to believe 20* is a 7 wood, but regardless I am a big fan. I'm still using a Cobra FlyZ so thinking about upgrading soon

Seeing as how I will be buying a new driver in 2022 I am not sure I can also pull the trigger on a $300 Callaway Apex UW. I might need to look at a used 7 wood or something like that. For no other reason than to salvage my marriage.

Have for a while. Prefer a smaller headed FW wood. Have a 22* Sim Max at 42” that I really like, have toyed around with the Apex UW 21. Prefer the look of the UW, but the Sim launches so easy.

I have 4W/7W and have thought about going 5W at 18* to pair with the 22*.

I have used a 21 degree 7 wood for many years.... and love it. Odd how for a while they were sort of looked at as a senior club... but now, they seem to be cool again. They have enough loft to help get you out of trouble when needed... and they can be long enough to be very useful at times for that “particular” yardage. I even had a h-i-o with mine on a par 3!

I have always had trouble being consistent with hybrids so I added a 7 wood and personally I find it easier to hit. It might not have the versatility of a hybrid but for me it makes up for it in distance and control.

I have a RadSpeed 7w and it is great

Love my 7 wood. Extreme playability and ease.

I'm playing a 7W, G425 Max, and I love it. Extremely forgiving, great high but not ballooning flight, excellent both from the tee and off the deck.

I also ditched FWs some years back for hybrids. But after residually hooking hybrids for a long while, I figured that a FW might put a stop to that. They did, actually soon grabbed the matching 3W and 5W to go with the 7.

I'm eyeballing a G400 7 wood or Apex UW 20. Anybody hit both and have any input? I'd be replacing one of my 410 hybrids.

Thanks.

I love my Epic Flash 7W. Off the tee on tight par 4s. Off the turf from 220. Love it.

Back