Athletic Motion Golf (AMG Golf)

DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone watch the videos by these guys? I really like how they present their case for the golf swing.

I've never been one to over analyze my swing, but I'm getting a bit more into swing theory etc. and I like the work these fellas do.

I have watched several of their videos. I like theirv instruction more than their animated stuff but I can see that they take great care in what they do.

Yes. Pretty good stuff. I just pick out what matches my swing pattern and file it away as confirming info and/or something to build on.

Can you link me to the video where they describe how the dominant power generator is the upper torso? Asking for a friend. Thanks.

Can you link me to the video where they describe how the dominant power generator is the upper torso? Asking for a friend. Thanks.
ought to be good for 20 pages.

I'll have to check out the video. Sounds like what I fall back on when I start getting too mechanical.
Don't know for sure, so I'll give it a look. Don't watch too much video on the net tho, small bandwidth out here in the country.

I really like some of their stuff. The visualizations and comparisons are helpful in understanding some thing. Plus they draw fancy lines and give a guy exact degree of rotations which is more than I can say for YOU GUYS! :p

Yes! I had quite a few 'Aha' moments watching them earlier this year. Great content that is explained in a easy to digest way. I especially love the GEARS tracking they use to show exact body movement and positions.

I have to watch how much I watch of them though. As much as I obsess on the technical parts of gear, stats, course and game management, etc., their stuff is so good in that way that it kind of feeds my detail addiction, and I don't want many of these things in my head when I'm swinging the club.

Last edited:
I have to watch how much I watch of them though. As much as I obsess on the technical parts of gear, stats, course and game management, etc., their stuff is so good in that way that it kinds of feed my detail addiction, and I don't want many things in my head when I'm swinging the club.
Just a simple vision of Nelly works well.

"Explain what solid connection exists between hands and thoracic vertebrae. And ligaments, tendons and muscles don't count. Feel free to consult any medical journal you wish.

The answer: "6:27 The only connection of the arm and shoulder to the skeletal frame is where the collar bone meets the sternum.
There is no solid connection existing between the hands and thoracic vertebae.

From this video the solution is to have them move your right shoulder and left shoulder into the proper position and then swing.
Good for booking lessons but not practical when we want to go out and play, like Nelly.

The Hogan Manual of Human Performance: GOLF, 1991
explains the simple move guaranteed to maximize the protraction of the left scapula...its genetic, how the body works .
its what Ben Hogan did that caused him to wear holes in his golf shirts where his shoulder rubbed his chin in his BS.

and how to stop OTT caused by right shoulder.... read the book.

Your lucky day.. Amazon.com has a new copy $700 and used $35

Last edited:
There videos are really good, but it scares me to watch swing videos on YouTube.

Love this video. Thanks for sharing!

I didn't find the video showed me anything new but it might fix golfers incorrect perception about being 'connected' in the backswing.

For example , doesn't these SC videos demonstrate what a golfer should be doing instinctively in the backswing and downswing (ie. getting out of the way)?

Last edited:

What are we trying to achieve? Controllable clubhead speed is one for sure.

This one covers hand speed, lag angle(levers), and proper intent from the top of BS , after all only less than 1/4 second.
Think your friend will approve. (statement of fact)

What are we trying to achieve? Controllable clubhead speed is one for sure.

This one covers hand speed, lag angle(levers), and proper intent from the top of BS , after all only less than 1/4 second.
Think your friend will approve. (statement of fact)

Don't see any reference ot not using the lower body. Wasn't that you and your friend's point? What do like about this one is how it talks through the sequencing of the various body elements and how one part leads to another.

Don't see any reference ot not using the lower body. Wasn't that you and your friend's point? What do like about this one is how it talks through the sequencing of the various body elements and how one part leads to another.
Thats the ticket.. If a video doesnt explicitly state that power source of the golf swing, does not come from the lower
then everyone must assume that the video totally agrees with T that source of power in golf swing is the lower body.

Im sure everyone is on board.. NOT

Thats the ticket.. If a video doesnt explicitly state that power source of the golf swing, does not come from the lower
then everyone must assume that the video totally agrees with T that source of power in golf swing is the lower body.

Im sure everyone is on board.. NOT
"source of power in golf swing is the lower body."

try to understand; the source of main power is the shoulder/arm, the lower body ADDS power.

Repeat after me: ADDS Power ADDS power The lower body ADDS power.

"source of power in golf swing is the lower body."

try to understand; the source of main power is the shoulder/arm, the lower body ADDS power.

Repeat after me: ADDS Power ADDS power The lower body ADDS power.

LBPINO

Lower body power.. in name only.
More ground force, Scotty. R is loosing his footing.

LBPINO

Lower body power.. in name only.
More ground force, Scotty. R is loosing his footing.
that is your opinion and you are welcome to it., just do not misquote and use ignorant inaccurate verbiage to counter our arguements

your arguments started out, the power of the golf swing comes from the lower body

NOW, lower body adds some power to the golf swing.
Dont wimp out on the Power of the golf swing comes from the lower body sorority....
ground forces , you know... stay the course
Lumbar be damned, hang in there with the thoracic.

lower body adds a little power, LOL

your arguments started out, the power of the golf swing comes from the lower body

NOW, lower body adds some power to the golf swing.
Dont wimp out on the Power of the golf swing comes from the lower body sorority....
ground forces , you know... stay the course
Lumbar be damned, hang in there with the thoracic.

lower body adds a little power, LOL
show me where I said that. Or, you don't know what you're talking about.
Besides that, I don't know ANYONE that said THE power comes from the lower body.
all I've heard that it adds power.

Show us where some one said THE power comes from the lower body.

I’ll worry about a swing when and if I ever golf again.

Outside of that I’m probably looking at retirement age before I retool my swing. I’m stuck with the long driver swing until I have time to learn a real one. Might be tomorrow. Might be 10 years from now. I’m 42 and can still get ball speed into the 180’s no issues. I had a friend on here post BDC’s 7i ball speed. It’s impressive. I’m not far behind with my “driving” 7i. I didn’t tell him that. My “into the green” 7i is a different shot, it’s high and fadey. My driving 7i is a bullet draw. Ideally, 🤣. One goes 125 ball speed the other…. more.

I’m setup for a nice friendly swing with my club selection (outside of Driver and 3w+). I just am not friendly about it. 🤷‍♂️

show me where I said that. Or, you don't know what you're talking about.
Besides that, I don't know ANYONE that said THE power comes from the lower body.
all I've heard that it adds power.

Show us where some one said THE power comes from the lower body.

I didn't find the video showed me anything new but it might fix golfers incorrect perception about being 'connected' in the backswing.

For example , doesn't these SC videos demonstrate what a golfer should be doing instinctively in the backswing and downswing (ie. getting out of the way)?

Are you Shawn Clement? If you are, that's fine. But, don't hide behind a screen name to promote yourself at the expense of criticizing other professional instructors.

Last edited:
Are you Shawn Clement? If you are, that's fine. But, don't hide behind a screen name to promote yourself at the expense of criticizing other professional instructors.
For clarity, are you intimating there is an unwritten law among golf instructors not to be critical of other professional instructors

Back